The nelves won darkshore

its in the game now on EU

final version

14 Likes

What a pointless war

Now can Blizzard remove all the ugly blight stuff and Tim Burton buildings in Darkshore and Eastern Kingdoms?

9 Likes

some day people still need there mogs and mounts after all

4 Likes

So according to the quest not everyone is happy with Tyrande’s methods.

“Darkshore belongs to our people once more, in no small part due to your efforts. And, while I disagree with her methods, we would not have succeeded without Tyrande as well. Differences aside, she is our leader–and an incarnation of the Night Warrior herself. She is about to begin. You may stand here beside me.”

Anyone know who the quest giver is? Wowhead doesn’t say exactly though implies it could be Maiev. And if it that’s something bizarre all things considering.

2 Likes

It is Maiev. She didn’t agree with the Night Warrior ritual based on how dangerous it could be. Other then that she has zero qualms about killing the horde.

22 Likes

Well that’s actually pleasantly surprising, now also give them Ashenvale back and we can start talking

Wait but
 what methods? We didn’t really see anything unusual. She just killed a bunch of scum that was occupying, destroying and blighting her people’s lands ?

26 Likes

I hope Arathi sees a similar treatment, insofar as it would be interesting to differentiate between a “main line” Alliance force and the army of the black moon.

That said, I’d have also liked to see at least one, if not two more fronts, in say, Azshara, barrens, ghostlands, just to give the Horde a bone for the sake of player experience balance, if nothing else.

4 Likes

So can we just agree now that since your having your victory celebration in Darkshore instead of Astranaar you didn’t retake Ashenvale too?

1 Like

Nope.

19 Likes

Thats not how the lore works silly billy

1 Like

Probably the Night Warrior ritual stuff. It makes sense for Maiev in particular to have a problem with it, even if not to the point of acting on such after working with Illidan during Legion. Her job for most of the Long Vigil included punishing people - night elves included - who delved into forbidden magics regardless of their justifications, so although it was to fight the Horde it stands to reason that she (or arguably any Warden) might not just immediately have no misgivings about Tyrande doing so.

9 Likes

The Nelves win the Darkshore battle

‘‘Oh but they’re not celebrating in Ashenvale’’

Of course not, they literally just finished the frikin’ war, why would they be celebrating in Astranaar when they were battling in Darkshore.

3 Likes

Good they finally added that after over a year, but was it updated? The video is still the old WIP version with a golf clap or two.

The timeline seems off to add this now, this takes place after the treaty?

3 Likes

Well, I highly doubt it. It most likely takes place after the canonical battle. You know how Blizz sucks at cohesion.

5 Likes

Just seems strange it’s added later into 8.3, when it should have been 8.1 when it was datamined. But at least it’s in game confirmation of the darkshore outcome instead of the usual nothing they give the night elves whenever they get a victory.

3 Likes

What’s a spit to the face is how the quality is horrible, it makes it look like Tyrande is one of those godawful Keyboard Turners.

6 Likes

Would certainly explain her jobbing so bad against Nathanos. Ever tried fighting a ranged in pvp by keyboard turning? It’s 90% of the reason I gave it up.

6 Likes

Lmao, that is true. Her “night warrior” cutscene was horrible too. They really went low quality for her stuff since it all seemed to be rushed trash.

14 Likes

Keyboard turning should be a crime when you’re doing content that’s not RP.

Literally, I’ll hire a lawyer and send you straight to MoonGuard’s Goldshire.

2 Likes

I think any lawyer could successfully prove that’s cruel and unusual punishment. You monster.

6 Likes