The negative effects of making raids harder

I’ll be honest, I think you’ve got your definition of Gatekeeping incorrect, in IRL (which has lead to severe consequences and on rare cases even death) and in Video Games Gatekeeping is a very much real thing.

I do agree, while is just a Video Games it’s less punishing but it most definitely has its effect more mentally.

I’m in no way saying Raids should be easier, or harder though, but class balancing will play a huge roll.

Chat gpt? Those bulletin points are always chat gpt.

No one can limit or remove you from doing BFD.

You can start a raid and spend the whole week in BFD if you wanted

By his own admission he said he did BFD way more than 3 times, how if he’s being kept from the content?

You all have the definition wrong.

I agree that not all content is for all players so those who want that high difficulty have the retail content. Those that don’t can have classic. Everyone wins.

Who is gatekeeping you and what are they gatekeeping you from?

I’m not entirely sure you know the actual definition of gatekeeping though. Just because something is accessible by the public doesn’t mean what you are saying is entirely true.

1 Like

Again, no one is necessarily gatekeeping us. We’re just showing examples as to how the content development is being done in such a way that it can be exclusionary to certain players, classes, and specs.

Also, showing how continuing on that development paradigm opens the door for toxic activities like RMT, GDKP, and boosting.

Bingo.

A public library is public and accessible to all, but if there’s a protest out front checking to see if you have a driver’s license to enter it, they’re gatekeeping it.

Groups checking WCLs that don’t show the full story on a players skill or capabilities preventing a, in reality, decent player from potentially joining that group is no different.

He’s being gate kept from the GROUP not the content.

He has FULL access to the content in wow.

You’re wrong.

Like I said, that itself is a form of Gatekeeping, in WoW obviously things would be different from IRL, but essentially it’s the same principle.

Drink is correct.

You all really should understand the words you are parroting. Only Blizzard can gatekeep you from any content in the game.

Just because someone does not let you in their group does not mean you are being gatekept. You still have access to the exact same content and the exact same rewards.

1 Like

No it isn’t because the argument is he’s being kept from the content by the players.

He has cleared the raid way more than three times which he admitted to.

How is he being kept from the content if he’s doing the content?

A group not wanting you in their group is different than you being kept away from the content.

He has 100% full accessibility to all the content in sod

1 Like

No, it is not the same thing at all.
Players cannot gatekeep you from anything, only Blizzard (in regard to their games).

1 Like

It literally is the text book example of what Gatekeeping is, just because you can still do it at an inconvenience doesn’t mean it’s something else.

I agree, Class balancing I’d say plays a huge roll on this, people not including specs and classes due to horrible performance would add to this.

1 Like

The players have no control over you being allowed to do the content or have access to the content.

The players only have authority over their groups not the content itself.

They can’t gate keep you out of the content they have no control over.

1 Like

These are the same thing. If a group of players have authority over making the group to be able to participate in said group content, then the players have authority over who is able to participate in that group content. Because a group is required for said content.

Basic logic.

Then why in the hell are you playing World of Warcraft Classic? lmao

The group can gatekeep you from THEIR group ONLY.

For example we will use your logic.

I’m a player of World of Warcraft SOD and as such I hereby BAN you from doing BFD for the remainder of phase 1.

That being said do you think when you try to enter BFD that you will be able to enter or that BFD will lock you out because I just banned you??

1 Like

I’m not here to argue, I’m just saying everything you’ve mentioned is a form of Gatekeeping.

I think due to the nature of WoW it’s just become so common it’s now become, “tough, make your own group or play a better class”.

I’m not saying your wrong in your response, saying make your own group, they absolutely should.

But I can tell you many people most likely lose motivation overall and discouraged when declined from groups.

All I’m saying is that is pretty much Gatekeeping as definition.

I will ask you the exact same question I just asked him.

I’m a player of World of Warcraft SOD and as such I hereby BAN you from doing BFD for the remainder of phase 1.

That being said do you think when you try to enter BFD that you will be able to enter or that BFD will lock you out because I just banned you??

1 Like

That’s why I think you’ve got your definition of Gatekeeping mixed up.

Like I said I’m on your side on the way you mentioned make your own group, but your definition of Gatekeeping is completely wrong.