The Multibox Pendulum

Yeah, multi-boxing is never coming back…

But I will always be amazed that Blizz decided to pull the trigger for this self inflicted wound when the game was already in a pretty bad state.

1 Like

i guess none of them played on my realm. mat prices are lower now than ever before.

1 Like

There was a massive crossover between boxers and botters. Anyone denying is either willfully ignoring it was a problem, or was doing it themselves.

I’m happy to not have literally every single good farming spot in every current zone in the game camped 24/7.

Get behind a 20 boxing druid on your herb route? Better find a new one cause he’s gonna tap every node out.

Want to farm some leather? Better find a crappy spot and kill one mob at a time cause there’s a guardian and/or boomkin spamming every good spot in the game.

I’m glad they made the move. It’s made it reasonable for people who play the game normally to gather mats either for professions or to sell at a decent price and be a decent in game income for them.

May depend on server size and the economy. I used to play on Thrall and there were some spots in Vol’dun that were super annoying to quest in because there were groups of boomkin there 24/7 spam one shotting everything the instant it spawned. Hope you didn’t need any of those mobs for a quest.

6 Likes

The solution to that is to remove multi-tap nodes. Then no matter who taps it 1 herb/ 1 ore is looted. But yes I don’t disagree that there were a ton of mats out there. All of which were beneficial for lower prices in gear, flasks, pots, etc.

I didn’t think I was whining. I’m sorry you took it that way.

I’m sure you are referring to internal company issues. I’m referring only to a style of game play. But I appreciate your response. I am sure this probably wont be seen by any devs but this is where I was told to voice my opinion so I thought I would give it a shot.

I guess endgame is relative to the style of play. Heck. Some players endgame is pet battles. Not that there is anything wrong with that either.

I think you missed the entire point. Multiboxing still exists and is allowed.

1 Like

Technically it “still exists” and is “allowed” but the changes made it non-viable for most players…

And likely resulted in the lose of thousands of token sales

As one person said already, boxers were most of the time (not always) botters. The few ruined it for the rest of you. It made it harder for players that wouldn’t or couldn’t box to compete because, as Paycheck pointed out;

or

The list of reasons goes on and on. Them killing multiboxing was a good thing. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

5 Likes

I think you just described standstill farming. Which again I think is wrong and should be addressed. There have been many suggestions on how to deal with this already. limiting loot tables after x amount of time, increasing spawn times on an individual player level. That is a few examples that come to mind right away.

I agree with you that those types of players should have been dealt with. I gave some suggestion for how to deal with loot and such in a different reply.

Exactly, Multiboxers turned the WoW into a single player game by throwing money at the problem.

3 Likes

I fail to see a problem with that. I think it became a situation where I personally didn’t want to affect other players or waste there time if I had to up and leave a group for xyz reason.

That’s the one example that jumped to me immediately though because those are the ones I encountered the most.

I’ve always enjoyed farming casually as a way to make money, usually while listening to a podcast or sort of watching a game or something on my other monitor. But those boxers made it vastly more annoying to do so.

If they can fix the issues that interfered with other players’ gathering, interfered with other players’ questing, and slammed the economy, maybe people will be more willing to listen.

Now if only we could clean up the AH mobsters. lol

still waiting to see a 5-box team in the MDI

or a 20-box team racing for RWF

1 Like

Because the game designers get to choose if the game is supposed to be a single player game or not. The option should not be something that only select players get to take advantage of.

People would scream bloody murder if you could unlock solo-running of raids and dungeons by purchasing an something in the cash-shop. Because it is basically pay-to-win… multi-boxing is exactly this. It is pay to unlock single-player farming.

What does this have to do with anything? 99% of human teams cannot compete at that level. Just because multiboxers cannot compete at a level that most people cannot compete at does not mean that mutliboxer playstyles are not disruptive and creates an advantage that that single-box players cannot match.

which is the whole point of my post: an advantage in what area? picking herbs? “soloing” old dungeons? dueling in front of org?

1 Like

Getting x15+++ times the profit for the same time spent farming, maybe?

2 Likes