The Multibox Pendulum

I meant ideally we would like to play with others a realm that anyone could play on but MB players were allowed w/o the current restrictions that exist would be awesome. Even if that meant the AH was detached or various other nuances. Many of us are just looking for a way to play even if that meant with other multiboxers. I am not sure what the Term CRZ means? Sorry for my lack of knowledge there.

1 Like

CRZ stands for Cross Realm Zones, when you are out in the world and you see someone from another server thatā€™s CRZ.

I mentioned before in other threads when this was brought up that the Multiboxxer realm would likely be more populated because of the lack of CRZ than some current high pop realms lol.

1 Like

Ahhh. Gotcha. Cross Realm I am familiar with. Thanks for the explanation.

2 Likes

One of the worst things they implemented into this game imo. That, and item level scaling. But yeah I would start multiboxing, if it would mean a crz free server hahaha.

Oh you know thatā€™s exactly what would happen :rofl:

3 Likes

This is a lie. Tokens destroyed the farming market.
The market is the same now as it was.

2 Likes

I think we have chalked that up to game design already. :slight_smile:

I think you make valid points. Unfortunately most players act on emotion first and foremost. It is still a viable point and that was the reason for my initial post and the reason I started the thread. To encourage ideas old and new and to hopefully gain some traction with the DEVs on this issue. I plan to continue posting until one of them reaches out to me. Maybe the never will but Iā€™m not going to give up.

1 Like

Iā€™M SORRY I JUST NOW SAW THIS.

I think the anger came in that the people that were solo picking or doing solo stuff on a single account suddenly got shoved into something with people with multiple accounts / single accounts that decided to pick up multiple accounts in order to use the software in order to make gold. Basically the design changes led to a once niche and small community to just go from small to HOLY DRUIDS BATMAN in Nazjatar and other zones.

The druidsā€¦ omg the druids.

1 Like

It would be great if tokens were gone too. Unfortunately we know that will never happen. No gaming company has ever successfully closed Pandoraā€™s Box once it was opened. Tokens are here to stay.

2 Likes

The tokens when they were just for game time would have been ok. But when it became bnet currency it opened up another can of worms. I know some people that play wow to make gold so they can get the tokens so they buy hearthstone packs.

1 Like

Yeah I never really anything positive come from tokens being converted into Bnet balances. I personally paid my subscription and each retail copy of the game out of pocket. In game stuff I donā€™t really see the harm I guess but I would remove the ability to purchase extra copies of the game or pay subscription fees with currency converted from coinsā€¦ Mounts, pets, Eat your heart out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It can be massively abused too with RMT with gifting too. It also keeps people in the hamster wheel.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a lie. I donā€™t need to lie. Iā€™m an adult playing a video game and basic economics dictates this. If you disagree, thatā€™s fine, but donā€™t try to accuse me of something so silly. Explain yourself.

If you have 1 person controlling 10 accounts and tapping (fully exhausting) each node, you not only prevent other players from farming the same goods, but you also do it with extreme levels of efficiency. On this very forum, multiple players bragged about paying for their 5-10 accounts on farming alone. They were flooding the markets on Tich and Illidan where I play mostly. I would see them all the time. There were a few different ā€˜groupsā€™ of boomkins that played with warmode on and would kill ANYONE they could if they were also farming.

Tokens didnā€™t destroy the market. Blizzard needed a way to control the sale of gold in the game and tokens were the best avenue for that. It allowed player to continue to have access to gold while keep doing it through an honest avenue. Tokens helped get rid of a lot of the shady stuff that was happening in the gold seller market. Granted, some of that still happens, but itā€™s far less then what it once was.

Multiboxing became a real problem in legion when they changed how nodes worked. Prior to that, multiboxing was mostly rare and those who were using it for profit did it mostly through raw gold farming. While this pumped more gold into the market, it would have been pretty insignificant. Then legion hit and now multiboxers not only had a way to pay for their accounts, but they could get stupid rich in game doing it.

In the end, it was the greed of the multiboxers that ruined it. The bad apples ruined the experience for other players and they enjoyed doing it. In WOD a 40 man multiboxers held Ashran for days. Literally couldnā€™t even play because you die the second you loaded in. Have no sympathy for those people.

3 Likes

Toxic behavior is usually always the culprit. If only the reporting system actually worked. I whole heartedly feel that with some of the limitations previously discussed in this thread a majority of the toxicity could be reduced/eliminated.

3 Likes

And to add to part of that at the end there, a lot of solo accounts that never boxed at all picked up boxing just to farm. Lot of youtube vids popped up with MAKE GOLD LIKE CRAZY AT THIS SPOT FARM HERE. BFA REALLY picked it up cause ā€œGET THE GOLD FOR YOUR BRUTO MULITBOX TO GET IT EASY! 5 MILL IN 2 DAYSā€ things like that. Then those solo players saw em EVERYWHERE where they didnā€™t see any before. They were doing some dungeons and pvp not so much the gold farming before all that. The wow tokens + the node change made it more lucrative to do so.

Now we have RMT Venezuelans and bots running 2x4 farms and herbing with bots and the RMT Venezuelans and the boxers that were doing their gold making had already swapped away from the herb picking / oring by going to the AH and setting up toons accross servers to use the AH. The boxers didnā€™t ruin the economy, it was the people behind the keyboard and the changes that were put in that should have been just personal tap nodes. The wow token was put in to try and halt RMT. Now you see bots and gold farmers EVERYWHERE. I go to solo farm herbs and itā€™s like, ā€œAlright, Iā€™m going on my alliance toon just to kill them so I can farm in peace.ā€ Which I doā€¦ I go out there, shoot em on my hunter, make em turn off WM then go back to picking flowers.

Edit: I pick flowers on one account so it can help me get tired so I can go to sleep. lol Itā€™s like counting sheep I get sleepy or if Iā€™m really stressed out itā€™s just mindless ā€œpick flowers chill.ā€

Yep. Thatā€™s a massive part of it. Even for me, multiboxers used to have a place in the game. A small one though. In BC and Wrath, they were super rare and sometimes it could be fun coming across them. Then legion hit and it was an everyday thing. I constantly saw them farming. When hyper spawn points became a thing and 4x4 groups, the multiboxers would come and camp those spots for days. In BFA, I remember a group camping the same spot for weeks farming the mounts for gold.

In the end though, it was when I started getting killed over and over and over while farming rares that made me start advocating against them. I was working on the crab mount from Nazjatar and would be out there for hours waiting. Then these stupid boomkis when just kill me every time. Then the response would beā€¦ ā€œturn off warmodeā€¦ā€ Why should I? I enjoy casual PvP. Itā€™s what I enjoy about the game and turning it off make the game Iā€™m paying for less enjoyable simply because someone wants to exploit it. Also, there were always alli farming the rares if I had warmode off so getting the mobs tagged was a pain.

Anywho, as you said, itā€™s the toxic behavior. Thatā€™s what ruined it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s a lie but neither side can prove it. You can ā€œeconomicsā€ it all you want but you canā€™t draw a direct line from the existence of multiboxing to anything in the games market. And also, no one can draw a line from the market and conclusively prove itā€™s not related to multiboxing existing. The only people that could possibly do this is Blizz since they can track players, the resources those players acquire and what they did with them or :laughing: I hope they can.

So itā€™ll just end up being an argument the two sides will have going ā€œdoesnā€™t it make sense that?ā€ without any data to back it up.

Toxic behavior + bad game design. I play other MMOs and FFXIV has personal tap nodes that only that player can see. ESO the items you get are like the old version of nodes with 1 tap 1 person but the materials you get is based on your CP and some items are found in different areas but you get materials thrown at you. You get little hirelings that deliver you stuff in your mail daily. Crafting is massively important too and old stuff is relevant in both games. Wow? Old stuff is like, ā€œmehā€ unless itā€™s tied to a mount or transmog (maybe twinking?).

Also 2x4 farms are not a thingā€¦ at all. Your quest NPC died? Well you gotta wait.

They were a part of it though. In the end, Blizzard set the node cap to 10 so more players would have the opportunity to farm a spot before it despawned. That was the intent. Can we agree on that? But instead, that good will got abused.

Now, I think itā€™s important to realize that this experience isnā€™t a global one. Iā€™m sure there were servers were they wasnā€™t much farming happening and the market was mostly stable, but that wasnā€™t true for every server. On the high pop realms, I went form rarely seeing the multiboxers to everydayā€¦ Why? Well, because of the nodes. Thatā€™s it. Now they had a way to pay for all their accounts.

So something had to give. Either blizzard gets rid of tokens, changes how nodes works, or they made restrictions on multiboxers. In the endā€¦ there is clearly something more going on here. Multiboxers were around for ages, so what changed on blizzardā€™s end that made them make this decision? Since we donā€™t know, we can only speculate. Personally, I think they were causing far more harm then good. So much harm that it was financially causing damage. Why would blizzard want to just start banning accounts? Itā€™s profit for them. Right? So what changed? In the end, they were harming the game and had to go.

So question then, do you agree that we saw an explosion of multiboxers because of the node change? Allowing one node to be tapped at 10 instead of 1 hit? I know there were a couple other changes made, but that was the main one.