The Mind of A Twink

Go fish. Plenty of open pools.

Why? And for that matter, what makes you think that I don’t? It’s also funny how you can pursue those nice shiny purples you have on and use them against freshly dinged 120’s yet continue to berate us for THE EXACT SAME THING.

I can guarantee the power gap between you and a fresh 120 is a lot larger than the power gap we have over levelers.

1 Like

It’s probably identical. Scaling is there for all bgs. Like I’ve said before, GY camps still happen at 120 like low level bgers like to bring up.

1 Like

yelling at me for judging you for doing a bad thing does not make the bad thing less bad. twinking is like beating up kids for candy, there is no sport in it. its the same kind of cheap win you feel when you cheat to win. even if twinking was its own legit thing the fact that it’s primarily used by sore losers to bully noobs makes it still a problem for the community as a whole.

but scaling counters that, not as well as templates did, but it does make the ilvl gap way less apparent.

edit, also, i don’t fight new players unless they are in a group with someone, if you are under honor level 30 you get your own noob bracket to sandbox you away from the more experienced pvpers.

That’s a whole lot of stereotyping you got going on in this sentence.

There is scaling in low levels too

3 Likes

Thanks for seeing our point in it.

matter of opinion.

Again, a matter of opinion.

It appears Blizzard has officially stated this is a legit thing, whether you choose to accept it is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Yeah we will see about that.

and?

its not going to work the exact same though, building a twink does not mean you always use max ilvl items. so the scaling won’t work the same for low levels as it does for 120s.

blizzard caters to the loudest whiner, not the best idea.

Their scaling is legit… just look at low vs max levels in wpvp. I don’t think people realize what Blizzard has done for this game tbh

I’ll never find that boring been 1 shotting people at low level or max level since I was born.

2 Likes

again though, if you are using shoulders of twinkyness, a level 13 rare blue item whose stats are better than anything else you can wear until 20, it is not going to scale appropriately compared to a level 19 green or heirloom gear. at least according to how the dev paintbrush infographic explained it.

What shoulders are you referring to? Show an example, if you can.

you know, the shoulders of twinkyness from that one boss in that one dungeon with the 0.001% drop rate.

Actually, no I don’t know. How about enlightening me.

you know, that boss who does the thing and then the other thing.

Please specifically find this, as this would be a very interesting case to learn about.

in other words, you don’t have an argument to be made nor backed up. gotcha.

1 Like

idk how you read that other than you wanted to believe your own alternative facts. item scaling is not going to work properly with the way twinking works due to the mix of gear used to build most twinks. this is (or at least should be) common knowledge of twink building so using a made up example is fine.

Actually I think Blizzard is good at keeping things balanced for the most part

But it rather instead is common knowledge by now of the scaling to level and re-balancing of gear. I have scoured over hundreds of pieces of gear at all levels, and I have found one thing in common in but all except the most broken gear(so common I imagine it will be fixed). Have sockets? Lose a bit of stats on the default gear. Have a ton of primary stat over others? No secondary stats and likely less stamina. Ton of stamina/secondary? Little to no primary. Almost all gear was either originally and still keeps or was now scaled to give and take on the stats. It is pretty well balanced so you cannot have it all and have to choose.

Edit: Yeah it also scales to level so very few items retain their original requirement/stats. A lot of procs require that original level however which does serve to better prevent unbalanced procs at lower levels.

3 Likes