The MG Lounge Thread

Hello and welcome all to MG’s Lounge Thread!

What is a Lounge Thread and what may you post one may ask?

Glad you asked!

This thread follows the same rules as the general forums around here but you can be completely off topic.

That means you don’t need to talk about WoW, you can talk about whatever is completely off topic (Including WoW if you’re feeling it as well!) Your life’s pets, Blizz itself, other vidya and what new stuff you may have played, interesting shows or books.

Everything you can think of, you can discuss it here!

3 Likes

This is a neat idea.

Suppose I could ask here if anyone has any book recommendations? I have credits stocked up and figured I should purchase some. I mainly read fantasy/sci-fi/thrillers but really, I have read a lot of different stuff.

I should probably mention that I usually stay clear of horror as I am a bit of a scaredy-cat lol

If you haven’t already read the Witcher series, would highly recommend. Also Dune, but it gets kinda weird after the third book.

3 Likes

A good series I’d recommend is the Secret Histories series by Simon R. Green, a series with all its titles being James Bond movie parodies with it being a mix of urban fantasy and spy thriller.

Link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_History_(book_series)

1 Like

I’m addicted to Red Dead Online… You may now call me Yeehawgrin.

3 Likes

I have actually not read any of the books mentioned! I will go check them out - thanks for the suggestions! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome! I thoroughly enjoyed the first novel and it’s a great read to just relax and enjoy.

Oh also The Expanse series…which is, y’know, the books the show of the same name is based off of. Sci-fi for sure. Kushiel’s Dart is a decent fantasy series, and I do love me anything by R.A. Salvatore even though I actually really dislike the character Drizzt, at least in his earlier books where he’s boringly philosophical about everything. Then again I read most of those when I was a teenager and we all know how those can be.

2 Likes

I’m rewatching season 1 of Westworld, and am crying like a baby over the love story involving William AGAIN. Please tell me I am not the only one who totally fell for this arch hardcore.

1 Like

Love that series!

What ho, what’s all this then?

I keep trying so hard to get into the Expanse. I love everything about it, but I want to fully dedicate myself to it.

2 Likes

What’s a good…show to watch online?

Depends, what genres are you into? Horror, scifi, fantasy, etc?

Sci-Fi, modern, urban, fantasy but primarily sci-fi and fantasy.

It’s deja vu all over again.
I’ve been activated (just like during Katrina) to assist with relief and recovery efforts.
To all our fellow gamers in Louisiana, Mississippi and elsewhere in the path of Ida, please stay safe and even though you might not have power or see this right away, we are on our way to help. We will get through this again together.

Y’all keep this place active and I appreciate it. Even more so as I try to relax during the down time and check in. :+1:
Oh and I second giving the Dune series a look.

7 Likes

Stay safe, you crazy bastard and do what you can to best help them through.

1 Like

Nicktoon’s Ironman: Armored adventures was always interesting, has what I consider one of the best and most menacing versions of the Mandarin to boot.

Fantasy wise have you ever seen Deltora quest?

A few others to consider: Voltron Force (also from Nicktoons, retired)
Generator Rex has been interesting
Transformers Prime
G.I. Joe: Renegades was alright
The spectacular Spider man was a good one from 2000s DXD
Avengers assemble was nice
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Avatar: The last Airbender or Wolverine and the X-men (also both Nicktoons retired)

If anime's your thing a nifty little site called Watchcartoons has an impressive library of old to modern shows + all the stuff mentioned above and more in cartoons.

Interesting start on here in the Forums.

Appreciate the recommendations, my friend! I’ll have to look into that.

1 Like

An old classic, The Count of Monte Cristo, definitely an amazing read. It can be slow at points but holy crap is it just downright a masterpiece.

5 Likes