THE MAW not soloable

I have come to the conclusion that the maw is not a good place to solo while you are under geared?

2 Likes

Depends on how undergeared. Most of the Maw is fine as long as you’re at least 160. By the time you get the group quests you should be up significantly from that (and can always go looking for a group.)

1 Like

The above is all the info you need :wink:

It’s anti-fun and should be avoided unless you need sockets. And nobody except the 1% needs sockets.

5 Likes

All the group quests have side quests that allow you to solo them anyway. Power core no worries trained spirit tanks it and solos it for you

Just get more gear?

1 Like

lost 733 sygia when i died and went to get that stygia back died again lost 248 stygia lol recovered that and said to myself nope not losing no more stygia

2 Likes

Don’t one button spam you will be fine

ilvl 190 armor can not handle the curses them npcs put on you way to over powered for a single player that gets in no groups for the maw so i am done with the maw as it is not a good place . everything to over powered while we are to weak to handle alot of the npcs there

And that depends on what class you are druid no problem stealth ,mount dash. Other classes don’t have that easy. I would say 180+ it’s better .

2 Likes

I wonder if we’ll hear that it’s working as intended. It seems that ActiBlizz doesn’t like to listen to customers.

Sorry the area provided too much of a challenge to you. Maybe one day you will be able to return when you can slap down the mobs in a couple of hits like an old expansion area where all of the mobs are grey.

Stealth makes avoiding stuff easier, but it doesn’t make fighting them any easier.

My warrior tends to have an easier time killing stuff while at low gear than my druid for example.

it is not that they are to over powered it is the problem of not having the right gear or spells to handle the curses they put on you .my question is why did blizzard weaken down the prismatic barriers on mages

Yeah, true in a fight that place is terrible the covenant quest there don’t count when you unphased at the end in the beast area gg.

You have to be careful regardless. Pay attention, don’t be reckless, and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

easy for you to say when everything aggroes to you down there

Take them one at a time and disspell curses from you as you go. Answer,for barriers, pvp.

lol how are you going to dispel that shadow beam some npcs shoot at you while you are fighting 3 other npcs that agroed to you for no reason ?

if only you were a mage… and had a way to remove curses…

2 Likes

As long as you don’t try to punch above your weight it’s fine. A fresh 60 in basic gear should be able to clear level 1 of any Torghast wing. Beyond that you’re reliant on gear to progress.