THE MAW not soloable

lol remove curse only works on one curse at a time when you have multiple npcs putting curses on you remove curse is still on cd

Thatā€™s not a curse. Counterspell should work and donā€™t use nether tempest.

That covenant quest for the Kyrians to run around in Perdition hold was fun. Scary but still fun. I was picking my way around the edges pulling stuff back and sheeping were able to kill stuff and clear a path to the guys I needed to save. I did have someone else train a bunch of junk on me but a blink to a corner and pop invis to drop aggro fixed that. Dispel curses as soon as possible and counterspell/spell steal often. If you get any key drops go click the weapon racks for the 5min weapon ā€œpetā€ it makes killing stuff easier.

OK, I need to test this.

I donā€™t have a mage at 60 yet but I do have a warlock, 172 ilevel, Destro. Took her down there just now, did the Mote quest, killed multiple mobs, sometimes more than one at a time, got my quest and my stygia and herthed back to the Venā€™ari.

How you, as a mage, can not cope at 190ā€¦Iā€™m not sure what to suggest.

1 Like

That one wasnā€™t too bad the one after not so. Yeah ,for a solo player is agh.

I only use nether tempest on one npc at a time the maw is no place for nether tempest ecept when you freeze multiple npcs in one spot that is when nether tempest should be used in the maw.

the complaint was about the maw, not torghast.

regardless, the complaint seems to be an issue of needing to play competently at a basic level.

the only times iā€™ve died in the maw, is due to stupid stuffā€¦ and iā€™m only at 170.
ā€¦so the claim that 190 is needed, should be embarrassing for the op.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t take the chance in a situation as the maw.

ilvl 184 gear mixxed with a couple pieces of 200 and you would think that should suffix for the maw and multiple npcs down there. maybe something is not working correctly on my mage >

1 Like

Invisibility is your friend, use it without prescription and try to do perditionā€™s hold / soul river dailies as soons as you land there, they are harder with eye of Sauron past rank 2.

yea it does not work when you are puilled out as soon as you hit it with nothing interfering with greater invisibility

Could be conduits or it buggy .if youā€™re playing Arcane itā€™s touch and go ,more less iffy.

Oil of Ethereal Force, move fast, go invisible, purchased from Venā€™ari.

Oh, I totally misread that.

The Maw is definitely soloable if youā€™re a fresh 60. You literally have to kill things there the moment you hit 60 soā€¦ as long as folks are careful and not pulling too many things theyā€™re fine.

Personally I find that, at least on my alts that just hit 60, I do not attempt to do weekly quests and daily quests on the same day, basically I try to ensure that Iā€™m only ever dealing with the soulseekers and the towers. If I get close to level 3, I either stop what Iā€™m doing or if Iā€™m really close to finishing my current quest Iā€™ll do that, use my cypher and get out of there before the Assassins become a problem.

Question about that stuff can you use it outside the maw?

I died alot just doing that Kyrian quest gg,the place is packed with npc and there is no way anyone didnā€™t die to it.

says the death knight that has way more armor than a cloth wearer tell you what create you a mage and go to the maw and try to solo the place with no help from no one

Ahh,he is a mage.

1 Like

trust me I cherry pick my targets very carefully

I tend to think that anything I buy from her is just for the Maw.