The MAW is the WORST content you have ever added

To this game. That is all.

The people responsible for this should not be allowed to make video games.

112 Likes

True that.

14 Likes

It gets better. I go in there and destroy everything with the fury of a thousand suns.

3 Likes

I think it’s fine. The fact we have to do TC to able to mount, and the Eye of the Jailer are what make it insufferable.

4 Likes

The Maw in warmode is awesome. Try it sometime. Maybe I’ll see you there.

1 Like

The Maw is okay. It had the bones of something interesting, but the Eye of the Jailer is a glorified time-gate, not an actual threat of danger IMO.

Their promise with Eye of the Jailer was that this was something with player skill and group effort we could overcome to outstay our welcome, pushing risk vs reward further and further. Listen to how they talked about it back at Blizzcon. It sounded exciting. Unfortunately, I imagine they had to hard-pander to non-social gamers and peeled back on the system until what remained was incredibly shallow.

And now in 9.1 they’re effectively deleting the Maw entirely. I don’t think it is the worst content they’ve ever done, but the potential of a truly dangerous, old-school feeling zone was not delivered on.

I guess it is okay. New Torghast has potential, and while I’m not very happy with them going back to the paradigm that the only challenging content is in instances, I’ll take some kind of challenging solo/small-group content over nothing.

2 Likes

If you don’t like the Maw, that’s fine. But you have no room to be judging someone’s talent or ability in a job you know nothing about. Your opinion isn’t fact.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I dont hate the Maw. Its one of the few zones you cant really afk in. Need to be on your toes with a game plan in mind. Makes the experience more straight forward. I know some of it can be a bit harder and dying sux, but that adds to it, for me anyways. If I die anywhere else, just rez and go. Heck, there are times where i die while exploring and just take the rez sickness so i dont have to walk to my corpse. Not in the Maw!

4 Likes

I’d be guessing they won’t see you though. Till after the fun starts.

Just throwing this out there… but I hate Torghast much more than I hate the Maw.

Maw dailies ARE NOT that hard. Even without a mount! I mean, you walk out of the Venari area where you start… and there is a mount on a patrol RIGHT THERE. You basically ALWAYS START with a mount.

I’m not saying it couldn’t be improved, but there is wayyyyyyy too much whining about this zone than there should be.

“waaa waaaaa I CAN’T MOUNT!!1111”
“But there’s a mount right here. Just hit this guy 4 times and take his mount.”

“waaa I dun wanna! I waan use my sparkle pony!!”

I swear, the majority left playing this game are worse than petulant 6 year olds.

6 Likes

The Oculus is worse.

3 Likes

The concept of group vehicle combat could have been fun for a nice one-and-done outdoor group quest for some pre-raid BIS. Making it a dungeon in the dungeon roulette or forced to do as part of the dungeon weeklies for optimized badge farming… lol.

What a mess. It’s really too bad because visually the dungeon looked quite amazing, and dragons were a nice break from constant undead in the expansion. What a shame.

Agreed, and most of my alts are either Worgen or Druids who can all bypass the mount restrictions early.

It’s not hard. It’s not scary. It’s B O R I N G. It’s so obvious the former Diablo 3 crew wishes they were still making D3 instead of WoW and are trying really hard to turn WoW into D3. The Maw is the culmination of that “vision”.

6 Likes

The maw gets better once you have the mount.

Whoever had the bright idea of banning mounts in the maw should be fired

5 Likes

Could be fixed if they just made the threat accumulate over a week instead of over 30 minutes of collecting souls.

i have not seen you before today but you every thread i see you in you are just spitting facts.

1 Like

I don’t like the maw but I genuinely believe that if they had just allowed ground mounts from the beginning it wouldn’t be nearly as hated as it is by so many players.

1 Like

Fact 1: ^^ There’s a lot of truth in that statement.

Fact 2: That speaks to how SAD the overall playerbase is because, as I just said, there is a Maw-mount available to you RIGHT AS YOU START THE ZONE.

Seriously, the outrage over this “I CNAT MOUNT!!1” is ridiculous.

Enter zone. Get mount. Do dailies. Use object that takes you RIGHT BACK to Venari. Done and done.

The Venari-recall is, effectively, the flight-whistle that got taken away from us IN EVERY OTHER part of the game. But you’re still doing that. When you’re done with a WQ and have to run all over the friggin place because we DON’T HAVE A FLIGHT WHISTLE ANYMORE … you don’t rage-quit over that, eh?

Whiny, annoying, DBs, who can’t see past the short-sighted nature of their own invalid complaints.

2 Likes

It’s the eternal struggle. Bad players whine about difficulty, Blizzard sucks the difficulty out of the content, everyone whines about it being too easy / a chore. Other times, Blizzard sticks to their guns and people say the dev team are “too proud” / stubborn.

I do not envy the WoW dev team at all. You cannot win with this community because no matter what you do or don’t do, someone will whine about it.

3 Likes

Even worse than the selfie cam patch?