The main issue with dragon riding

No there isnt

Vigor is not a major issue once you have the full tree unlocked. There are still some places that might require two flights to reach, but they aren’t common.

Sure, but they already have the older mounts on the store as well. The best thing is to figure out a way to keep both.

Have you even leveled your stuff all the way up? It’s a completely different experience at max.

grabbing all the glyphs now. this is bad gameplay.

sitting around waiting for vigor is kinda unacceptable.

Tested it out for a bit in broken shore itself, a couple other zones in the brozen isles, it took a bit since soar even after exploring all the zone is still a 3min cooldown.

But there was no issue, I could get from one part of the zone to another, stop in a couple areas like I was going to do a quest there, etc… and it was just quicker flight.

Felt nice and quick but not too fast soaring from the starting quest hub in the broken shore to the tomb on broken shore & back.

To other things said I agree it would be best for all if both flights were available everywhere, it would be great even if it was still just restricted to the dragonriding mounts but useable everywhere.

Either way though they wouldn’t have to redesign zones just for the new flight.

1 Like

Thank you for taking time out of your day to investigate. That is good to know!

1 Like

Someone shared this in a discord I’m in, hopefully it’s something that can help you

2 Likes

You don’t need a significant downward aim to gain thrill of the skies and regen vigor. Once you get going you can pretty much look nearly straight ahead but slightly down and maintain your speed by aiming your view up, surging upward, and then releveling out with a slight downward pitch. If you need to stay in the area, just need to circle as that doesn’t seem to impact things much.

I really enjoy dragonriding.

But if I had to give some feedback, I’d like an ability that can be pressed that can just stop my dragon in its tracks before going back into its gliding state. Kinda like a cobra manoeuvre for those familiar with fighter jets, lol. Except in a much quicker motion.

It’s fun to RP circle around until you finally slow down before landing where you wanna land, but it does get tedious after a while.

Just being able to stop suddenly while flying at top speed would be nice imo.

My advice to everyone who hates DR and just wants to fly, I have cracked it in the dumbest, easiest way. When I am not making loop-de-loops I am tabbing out like I have always done.

Delete all buttons but Skyward Ascent. You don’t need any other. Point straight up, smash that button and hit it again when the animation is ending. If you have max Vigor you’ll hit above the clouds in no time - the fact you’re gaining momentum going upward will also be refilling your vigor as you go straight up.

I’ve been able to hit the top of the skybox with this. Just face slightly down to where you need to go and watch a YT video or what I’m doing right now: making this post. It’s that easy.

Then you need to collect your glyphs

Spacebar already activates Skyward Ascent, so you can even delete the one on the bars! :smiley:

1 Like

I think it’s a great compromise between ground-only and no flying until pathfinder, which is the real choice. And it is way faster than conventional flying mounts. Regular flying is going to seem slow in 10.1.5. I’m sure there will be ways to boost vigor as the game progresses.

It’s not that hard to go higher. Point camera up, hit ascend, slight angle down to maintain momentum and repeat. You can climb to the highest points doing this using 3-4 vigor max.