The main issue with dragon riding

I think it’s fun…but the main thing I don’t like and what I beleive others are being effected by is that you have to constantly be going in a downward trajectory. Ya, there are a few things that will recharge your vigor but overall that’s where my major issue is - where you end up going straight to the ground. It’s very diffuclt to reach higher up places.

Change it to where you can recharge vigor at a faster pace going straight or upwards - not just going quick/downwards. This is the part I think majority of people are disliking about this.

1 Like

For me as a person with disabilities, what I’m being most affected by is that there is no keyboard-driven way to handle the flight system. Combine “no way to use keyboard controls” with “abruptly lurching controls that sometimes move the camera instead of the dragon on a super short cooldown” and “diving toward the ground at high speed is literally required in order to continue flying without a two to four minute cooldown and oh by the way major targets involve precision landing capability” and it’s like this system is literally designed to be hell for people with vertigo problems and vestibular disorders.

5 Likes

I feel like it’s a novelty that will wear off on a lot of people. There is already a huge number of people that don’t like it and I don’t think it’s going to get any more popular the duration of the xpac…

3 Likes

Being able to dismount players midflight with dragonriding is what i don’t like about it. Plummeting players to their death.

I’m having no problem getting to high places. You can get up pretty high and recharge vigor at the same time once you get all the glyphs.

3 Likes

My main issue with it is how the camera swings around wildly especially at high speeds.
I’ll have my sights set on an herb or some ore and the camera will do a complete 180 as I’m banking.

1 Like

uhh… you’re forgetting falling dragon poop too. That’s not fun to get hit with just as your about to lick an ice cream cone.

3 Likes

ah the famous “huge number” forum posts

4 Likes

Then you’re doing something very wrong.

5 Likes

The trajectory downward doesn’t have to be that much once you reach max speed. Just let a vigor node recharge then lift up, by the time the animation is done about 3 seconds have passed maintain that slight downward for 2 seconds then lift up again.

2 Likes

Ah, the old “it’s fun once you get all the glyphs” argument.

1 Like

There are lots of comments that seem very popular suggested by the amount of likes they get…

For me the only problem with it is that it will probably only last this expansion and old world flying is boring and dull now. :frowning:

3 Likes

I read about this but wasn’t quite sure what it meant…is this somehting you have to be in warmode and can just do while flying around or only something that you can do in races?

Expect everything to just be handed to ya huh? Games are supposed to have challenges. That’s why we play them.

There’s definitely a learning curve to Dragon Riding and definitely improvements to be made for accessibility, but honestly I truly believe Dragon Riding is positive change. It’s immersive and a step in the right direction. We were spoiled when helicopter styles mounts were introduced in TBC.

4 Likes

A little trick to help on this front. When you use the climb ability, forget the name of it off the top of my head, turn your camera to look straight up before you climb. If you do that you will actually gain speed, or maintain it if you are already going fast. This allows you to climb while regening vigor from high speed.

If you have the tree maxed out you can look up and spam the climb ability and you will regen a vigor before you even finish using all 6. And you’ll be much higher, and still going max speed.

4 Likes

Aye, it is possible to get to the tallest peak in the Dragon Isles (which apparently was claimed by what appears to be a Tuskarr, who then died) with just the first flying vigor talent (4 glyphs needed)

5 Likes

I disagree. As the xpac goes on, the unlocks for your dragon make flying feel better. Dragon flying is already faster than a flying mount.

People just like to complain because the start of something that requires progression doesn’t meet their expectations.

1 Like

There is no progression. We got our glyphs in roughly an hour or so after getting our drake.

Some people do have legitimate reasons to have issues with dragon riding.