The Mag'har are evil and Yrel isn't

Perception or no, 10,000 years is 10,000 years. And he didn’t get out for good behavior, he only got released because his brother wanted to use him to save their people from the Legion again. He otherwise would have remained imprisoned forever.

Kael’thas betrayed his own people and imprisoned a Naaru. He did this after escaping Azeroth to Outlands, where no one was after him. He was on the run from an errant group of humans, not the entirety of the alliance. No one told him to use demonic powers, he chose to do that. Its no ones fault that he couldn’t control the power he chose to devour other than his own.

Illidan got a redemption arc way after the fact, and there’s nothing that says Kael’thas doesn’t get his redemption in SL. But Kael’thas’ downfall is his own doing.

Why are so many Worgen players such Horde sympathizers? The horde gassed the Worgen and then tried to light the rest of them on fire.

Stop typing as if you know anything about Yrel or the light. All I know is the Mag’har who came to azeroth supported a warchief that craved genocide and death and served her in combat without a second thought. All the good Mag’har knew the light was the correct path and only the lowest quality are trying to escape.

Lets also take a look at the other allied races of the horde… Hmm… High mountain tauren? They joined the horde because other Tauren were already a part of it. They are so racially focused that they will happily help with genocide and slaughter even if it’s against the Alliance who helped them just as much as the horde.

Nightbourne? Seriously? After all the alliance did for them they turn their backs on them and gleefully join in on attempted genocide.

The horde are full of low quality races with absolutely no honor or reason to fight other than it benefits them.

edit - Reading through your other posts I can already tell you love Sylvanas and cannot wait for her redemption arc. Why the hell are you playing a Worgen?

And neither was Illidan. Illidan was locked away because he created a second well of eternity.

And this right here shows that you do not know the lore. Malfurion did not want Illidan free, he told Tyrande they should move on and forget about Illidan. It was Tyrande who freed Illidan, even saying “Only the godness can forbid me” to Malfurion.

Tyrande Whisperwind: “Illidan? It’s been ten thousand years! Could he still be alive? We should free him, Furion! He would be the perfect ally against the undead and their demon masters!”
Furion Stormrage: “No, Tyrande! That beast must never be set free!”
Tyrande Whisperwind: “But he is your brother!”
Furion Stormrage: “Be that as it may, he is far too… dangerous. I forbid it.”
Tyrande Whisperwind: “Only the goddess may forbid me anything. I will free Illidan whether you like it or not.”

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Brothers_in_Blood_(WC3_NightElf)

Like did you even play WC3?

Can you guys seriously argue that Illidan didn’t deserve to be lightforged? It would heal all of his wounds and mental trauma. Also if further down the line if the light did become an enemy a light forged Illidan would be a crazy enemy to fight.

Lol, I only recently switched to alliance from Forsaken to push my main progress faster.

Power to the Forsaken!

Also in regard to Yrel and the Mag’har. Its been a long span of time since we’ve seen them. Something like 30 years. The orcs were being pushed back by her because they refused to accept the light. She was killing anyone who chose not to side with her. These Mag’har orcs, might have been influenced by machines and weapons from Azeroth, but they are still tribal creatures who are being forced to share their home world with someone else. They are not evil, they are being forced to accept the light and abandon their own ways. You wanna know whose good? Velen, he’s good. And he would absolutely tell Yrel she’s in the wrong.

We have to fight them back to try and stop them and then abandon the majority of the Mag’har to save a few who can escape while the rest sacrifice themselves against Yrel’s tyrannical army. They supported the Horde because they were saved in the final moments before they were overtaken, not Sylvanas.

1 Like

Illidan’s wounds and mental trauma? What are you talking about? You’re absolutely brain washed about the light. This notion of the light is pure and good is toxic. Its just a cosmic force, that can be used for good or evil. We’ve seen this many times before.

Illidan was fully aware of what the Naaru was trying to do to him and he out right refused it and then gave the Naaru what it deserved. He is not a broken person, he is one of the strongest characters.

1 Like

Yawn. You just keep guessing. You keep saying things as if they are fact when you have no idea. Our experience with the light is almost universally good. It’s super effective against evil creatures such as the undead and demons. It heals people and the legendary users of the light are all upstanding people who fight for good and help those in need.

All you have to go off of is stupid Mag’har orcs and what they have to say. HEY. Did you know that most people will try to make themselves look like the good guys? For all you know the Mag’har did some heinous s***. Maybe the Lightbound had just finished dealing with another invasion of demons that was caused by letting the orcs continue to be orcs?

We don’t now. But all the evidence says Yrel, and the light, are good.

I guess you never fought against the scarlet crusade. Or the scarlet onslaught for that matter? People who used the light to slaughter many innocent people in their pursuit against anything they saw as evil. They literally killed everything in their path in pursuit of their goal while wielding the power of the light. And the kicker is they were being led by a dreadlord!

As for what we “don’t know”. We absolutely know. More Naaru arrived on Draenor and pushed the Draenei into a fanatical belief that all beings should follow the light or perish. Before the arrival of the Naaru (who are considered beings of the light) they were living peacefully.

Its a religious crusade, stop acting blind. Go fan girl on an rp server about Yrel. She’s not a force of good anymore. The light is neither good nor evil, its a cosmic force. The draenei follow the Naaru as benevolent beings. Its a religious cult. She’s no better than Charles Manson.

Yrel was good at the end of WoD and now she’s evil. smh

1 Like

Crazies gotta crazy.

Those people were not evil because of the light. They used the light to do evil. They had the free will to decide how to use their power and they chose evil.

You sound like some pro gun control nut.

Keep making things up about Yrel and foaming at the mouth. You’re not convincing anyone of anything. The evidence points to the Mag’har being the bad actors.

I never said anything about people being evil because of the light. I said the Naaru drove them into a frenzy. Not the same thing. Naaru are beings of light, not the embodiment. Same way we’ll see beings of death in Shadowlands. They’re beings death, but they are going to be both good and evil.

You have no evidence that Mag’har did anything to upset the peace between the orcs and the draenei. We’re told in game that the Naaru arrive on Draenor in force and drove both orcs and draenei into a fanatical frenzy, and that Yrel was lightforged and leads the crusade against the remaining orc clans who refuse the light.

Maybe she’s not evil by choice, maybe the Naaru corrupted her with the light and now she’s a puppet. But she is not good anymore.

1 Like

The Mag’har come to azeroth and instantly begin to suck on Sylvanas’ teet. They have no honor. Watching what the Mag’har did as soon as they showed up it’s completely obvious what kind of people they are. Yrel has always been kind and loving and I can imagine the chaotic, stupid and demon loving orcs forced her hand.

Also show me the evidence that the Naru showed up and corrupted everyone. Lmao.

1 Like

I mean you’re clearly trolling, or your knowledge of lore is just bad. The draenor orcs rejected anything related to the demons. Any orc or draenei that submitted to the legion at the end of WoD was wiped out.

The Mag’har lost their home, they fled from Yrel’s forces and are now stranded on a foreign world in a completely different timeline. They’ve absorbed themselves into the Horde, they’re not in service to Sylvanas. Especially now that Sylvanas has fled the Horde.

You have a one track mind to push some weird agenda about Yrel… Likely for your own amusement. Sadly, we will likely have to face Yrel down and she’ll probably die like all the other crazed fools in WoW, because thats how the game is played. Iconic character goes crazy, we kill them, move on to the next corrupted character. And I’m gonna savor the moment when she has to be put down like the sick puppy she is.

I can’t show you an event that doesn’t exist outside dialogue from a 10 minute piece of content. Go look at a wiki, or actually do the Mag’har quest line.

1 Like

LOL! The only reason the orcs exist is to be corrupted. Draenor was filled with Void cultists and demons. Orcs are greedy and will do anything for power. You have no evidence of anything and just keep making things up. If you were any sort of fan of innocent until proven guilty you’d notice the Mag’hars story holds no water.

I’m making things up? The orcs are tribal races of different interests. Some are shamans, some are warriors. It depends on the tribe. Draenor is a dangerous world where they have to fight to survive, including other orc tribes. Its their world, not the Draenei’s.

The Mag’har story is a blip of content that leaves open something possible in the future.

The orcs don’t “exist to be corrupted.” They’re just a race of people, just like the draenei who lost their homeworld to the legion for accepting their power LONNNGGG before the orcs ever encountered the legion. If anyone exists to be corrupted, its the draenei, since they can’t seem to deal with their issues on their own without accepting power from corrupted forces like the legion or the Naaru.

What’s that? Kil’jaden? Archimonde? Socrethar? Are these orcs? Hey, my legion artifact was warlock who meddled with demons. Do you know what he was before he died?

2 Likes

Agree. Even Blizzards official narrative about the lightbound says they have gone to the extreme, Velen definitely would not have approved of this. Just look at his reaction when Illidan killed Xera when she tried to forcefully convert him like Yrel is doing to AU draenor. Velen knew it was wrong of Xera to try and force people and he said to our character that it is unfortunate what happened but everyone should have free choice. Only Turalyon showed the same blind faith that Yrel has now.

It will be interesting though once we fight these lightbound in the future. Velen and the Draenei will certainly play a big part in that story :slight_smile: Imagine Yrel meeting our Velen whom she respected in her universe and getting told you cannot force the light on people lolz

3 Likes

The fight against the light will come, and the narrative will be interesting. It is an unavoidable conflict.

1 Like

yep i hope they write it well and put a lot of interesting subplots and interactions, not just the generic we band against this scarlet crusade/onslaught like army.

DKs are playing a prominent role in SL so paladins will play a prominent role against Yrel and their fellow light wielders that has gone fanatic :slight_smile:

Likely what will happen is they’ll rip open a portal to Azeroth. They already know its there, they just need a way to open it.

1 Like