The Mag'har are evil and Yrel isn't

Imagine you will you stumble on a group of resistance fighters who talk about how bad these light worshipers are. And while you’re there you have conflicts with ogres who willingly joined the light. After the forces of the light show up to finish the last of the resistance off they jump through a portal and join your faction.

Oh also the first thing they do after joining your faction is help you genocide a bunch of people that in the past helped your world.

The unforged Mag’har are just the last evil remnant of orcs who deny the light.

EDIT! Lots of people in here keep putting words in my mouth. I understand that the light can be used for both good and evil. But Yrel, while going a bit extreme, is good. Many orcs actually chose to join her without threat of violence.

I imagine the Draenei on azeroth listening to the Mag’har cry and whimper about how unfair Yrel is as they have PTSD from watching orcs chop their family members apart, eat them raw and use their skulls to pave a road.

But yeah keep pretending Yrel is just as bad. I’d choose the warm embrace over the light over what the last remaining, and very much evil, Mag’har were offering.

65 Likes

They joined after Teldrasill.

Also, “Holy Crusades” are not usually all sunshine and smiles. They are killing people for choosing not to convert to their religion. They are quite literally giving the option “convert or die”

Thats not the good guys. I loved WoD Yrell and her story, but she has gone full crazy leader. And even as a huge paladin and fan of the Light, the light isn’t pure good. There is certainly a line that can be crossed.

91 Likes

If you really want to go with the assumption that the Light is “all good” like you’re insinuating, then i suppose you have no issues with Xe’ra locking up Alleria and all the Void Elves too, as anyone associated with Shadow MUST be evil?

16 Likes

Post on your Draenei paladin, coward.

21 Likes

To be fair, willingly joining the faction that just committed a major genocide like a month ago isn’t that much better than helping with it.

32 Likes

As someone who is an atheist/anti-theist IRL I love the Mag’har story and their escape from religious persecution. I firmly believe that Yrel is the evil one and her actions mirror a lot of dark, sad moments in actual history. My main is a Mag’har precisely for that reason and I hope we get a chance to stop her and her brainwashed religious zealots one day.

29 Likes

I would murder thousands to be her lap kitty, considering my kill count up to this point should be in the hundreds of thousands by now.

Edit: yep, my Kill statistic is 706,609; I live up to being a cat, most of those were probably birds.

6 Likes

Join the Scarlet Crusade, have you? You seem to think all Light-users are good guys automatically.

2 Likes

So you are condemning the orcs for supposedly helping commit a genocide while defending a bunch of tyrannical zealots committing genocide in the name of their religion?

24 Likes

They didn’t had any clue about it probably. I mean they joined just after they got saved by the Horde a few minutes ago. But their leader Geya’rah is a mess of a character, I agree.

4 Likes

That’s mostly what I’m referring to yeah.

1 Like

Look, all she wants to do is exterminate the draenei from another timeline that haven’t interacted with her people in what has effectively been 35 years. It’s perfectly reasonable.

5 Likes

I hope they do something with that storyline and develop it further. The alliance is sorely lacking in interesting characters.

6 Likes

Not only interesting characters but ones that push their moral high ground from under them. I mean Graymane comes close, but Yrel. I would love for her to join the current alliance and not back down with her crusade. Not really making her a true villain, but allow the alliance to share the same plot as horde once in a while - here ya go, here is a crazy zealot with way to much influence fighting your enemies, but also going after your own.

Would build for a fun and interesting story.

11 Likes

Agreed. Maghar are the worst.

2 Likes

In the Mag’har’s eyes, it’s still better than working with the faction that actually has members from the race that tried wiping THEM out. Try explaining to the Mag’har how the Lightforged aren’t the same as the Lightbound.

At any rate, if the Lightbound had their way, Alleria and you Void Elves wouldn’t even exist; purged in the name of the Light.

9 Likes

Imagine that ingame cut. Alleria vs. Yrel, would be pretty epic.

11 Likes

Agree 100%

2 Likes

Orcs typically stand for freedom. Yrel, her light, and her brainwashed follower converts represent mental slavery and oppressed thought and free will. That is primarily why they’re drawn to the Horde.

6 Likes

She’s less evil than the horde and their genocide loving allied races.

5 Likes