The m+ timer has to go

I 1000000% agree OP, the timer is extremely toxic and makes dungeons far to complex and unenjoyable to even do!
All thos go go go go go is so awful and blizzard only caters to the toxic tryhard esport crowd once again missing the vast majority of their player base.

Bring back the journey blizzard enough with these toxic elitist gatekeeping elitist dungeons!!

4 Likes

You can’t remove the timer because he thing about Mythic+ is that it’s supposed to have a wall.

The timer is the wall. If you aren’t geared for the level, you’ll fail to make time and your key reverts back to a level you can complete.

And in theory, you’ll float there between the key level you can do, if only just, and the one you can’t do until you have enough gear to eek out a win on the key level that was giving you trouble and advance to the next level.

Without the timer, you would almost need to have a points based system (kinda/sorta like Torghast but still quite different) that would probably need to take into account how quickly bosses die (with possible enrage timers for the bosses) and things like overall damage taken by the group for it to even work.

The longer the boss takes would subtract points (and if they enrage, it’s automatic dungeon fail) and the more damage the group takes from the boss abilities, trash mobs abilities, etc, would also subtract from your score.

If you lose to many points than you wouldn’t progress, just like if failed to make time.

Personally the timer is the better idea as it’s simple and straight forward and allows for the easiest way to determine whether you progress or not.

4 Likes

No system is perfect or problem free, but the design of M+ is probably the most anti-pug system they have in the game.

1 Like

It isn’t anti-pug. It’s anti-entitlement. You get what you put into it.

3 Likes

I love how you kids assume, that some how that removing the timer will suddenly make the experience better

If you’re wiping in a dungeon, a timer being present or not isn’t the problem, people are still gonna get mad and leave. You will be still here complaining about your horrific experience that you will surely overexaggerate.

You all need to give up your pointless crusade against mythic +

The timer is fine, the game is fine, the loot is fine.

If Mythic + is so toxic that you need it changed or its making you not want to do it, find a new game and relieve yourself of this clear burden on your mental health, its not healthy.

4 Likes

Ok my guy.

It’s just the truth. If it was anti-pug how are there many successful puggers?

1 Like

Or they could give you the lenient timer when you first get the timer and just keep shortening it from there. I’m basically just trying to give those who like the affixes but not the timers have something without stepping on the feet of those who like the timer. If people want to stop at whatever level it is that has all the affixes and no timer, they can, those who want to challenge themselves more, can progress beyond that with ever tighter timers.

I’d rather pug a key than queue arenas with pugs any day.

You can literally ignore the timer and even hide it from your UI if that’s the case. Listing it as “completion” is a step in that direction. Playing with friends and guildies with the same goal is also the way to go.

Even if they removed the timer completely, people are not going to stick around if it is a complete waste of their time. e.g when someone clearly is incapable of learning.

This might be the worst take about m+ I’ve literally ever seen.

1 Like

Logical fallacy: denying the antecedent

It isn’t a fallacy. It’s just the truth. Call it what you want.

Im pretty sure that was changed in 9.0.5. One piece has 3 less ilvls, but you still get the same amount of pieces on a failure.

2 Likes

It’s typical fashion that these people complaining don’t even understand what they are complaining about.

You get 2 drops pass or fail. You get vault pass or fail. You get valor pass or fail. You get score pass or fail, up to 40% over time, you get KSM pass or fail.

They already got an inch, they want the whole pie.

6 Likes

Sure, you can hide it, and list your group as completion, but does that hide the timer for everyone, I doubt it. And then you wind back at square one where someone will still care about the timer and go against the whole completion idea. The only other thing they could do is, if a group is marked completion, the timer is automatically hidden for everyone that joins that group, no evidence of it at all.

Typical fashion of a 1%er being toxic and elitist

1 Like

I’ve done a lot of keys and have experienced very little toxicity.

Just ignore it?

You focused so much on hiding the timer that you ignored everything else.

Listing it as “completion” is a step in that direction.

Playing with friends and guildies with the same goal is also the way to go.

Even if they removed the timer completely, people are not going to stick around if it is a complete waste of their time. e.g when someone clearly is incapable of learning.

I like the timer. If the pressure is too much where you consider it toxic or makes people toxic…try a lower key

1 Like