The m+ timer has to go

From my experience, a group has to struggle pretty hard to fail the timer.

11 Likes

This bait is quite effective.

That said, I’m going with 0/10 no creativity at all.

3 Likes

Yup. Or peeps just gonna wait for lust/cds to come back up.

No.
I like the timer.
You are free to complete the dungeon over time.

3 Likes

I didn’t know the fights, didn’t want a carry and I selected people who also didn’t know what they were doing.

I mean if you really want me to push my key and then mess up someone’s double digit key run…

No shame in this game bro and if I’m gonna learn best to take my time and risk my keys when I do push.

3 Likes

On a +2??

sips tea

2 Likes

I suppose an alternative would be to just continue to scale up after completion. Eventually it would become numerically impossible to finish based upon the current group.

No, The timer is fine.

Play better and it’s not an issue.

10 Likes

Sure, why not.
I keep hearing how people are joining runs and don’t know mechanics so why not?
It’s not like I was geared from last season, this guy was a reroll from when the bonus XP went live.

I’m hypothetically thinking if I did keys again and it’s only bc my friend asked if I want to bear tank or heal.

I love tanking and being mama bear but I love healing more. And I ain’t taking the time to gear up two toons.

The thought of getting all the crap you need to be viable sounds so UN fun. I’m going back to watching travel German videos.

I expect to see more timers in the future. Devs love timers. They are an important part of the shift to all esports all the time. You know, like they’re putting in a ladder for dragon races. Timers and ladders for casual content is exactly what this game needs to complete its conversion to Lobbies of Warcraft.

1 Like

Just put in your header “for completion”. You won’t get the best players but they won’t leave until you are done. If you just want to do the dungeon and don’t care about anything else then that’s the way to go (or just do heroic or m0).

Without the timer, they would have to scale it so hard for it to even be a challenge that it would break within several key levels. Look at raids, 3 difficulties and no timer. I don’t want a 5 man raid.

3 Likes

Aren’t people already doing it right now? Seeing how high of a key they can complete? Wouldn’t be that much different.

The timer can stay for the sake of tracking clear rate for MDI, personal bests etc, but loot quantity being tied to it is silly. It’s just a double whammy; you’re clearly slowly so you’re already acquiring less loot per hour than a well oiled machine group that could clear in half the time…and the punishment for that is less loot.

Moreover because of this M+ does not fare well in the pug world. When the run goes lopsided it’s very easy for people to bail and just try again with another group and receive no real punishment for it. Classic has a playerbase with its own toxic tendancies, but bailing on a dungeon because a pull or two goes wrong, or we hit a wall with a boss for a bit isn’t one of them, at least in my experience.

2 Likes

You don’t understand the differences in scaling it would require. Remove the timer and the challenge is gone with the current scaling. They would have to scale it much harder to be the same “difficulty”. By doing so, it would also break much sooner.

1 Like

What I would rather see is a change to how and when the timer is used in one of two ways, either:

A) Timer comes in when a new affix isn’t added, example, +2affix(no timer) +3no new affix(timer), and so on.

B) Timer comes in after all affixes have been added.

The timer in low level keys are extremely lenient and is basically the first affix. It lets new players understand the pacing required to time it. Remove it from the start and adding it later will only cause more stress. Going from +2 to +10 without a timer and then all of a sudden feeling timed will not go well.

I don’t see it happening but I’d approve of a re haul of M+. The timer absolutely sours the experience for many people. I don’t have a problem with the timer myself, just how the key holder functions and how Blizzard forces M+ as the main end game content. (Endless valor farm and caps on other)

I wish pugging M+ was a problem free dream like pugging raids and arenas.

1 Like