The M+ nerf is good and raiding should always offer the best gear

As opposed to fully geared mythic raiders.

PvP has problems of its own, don’t go blaming PvE content for that. Blizzard’s apathy towards PvP in general is the problem with PvP.

Definition of egocentrism

: the quality or state of being egocentric excessive interest in oneself and concern for one’s own welfare or advantage at the expense of or in disregard of others

Mythic raiding is 1000 times harder than Mythic 15, you want some of the best gear for pve do raiding. Which ironically Mythic 15 gear was also amazing for pvp /vomit

They should give you mythic level gear for going to the Shadow lands barber shop and changing your gender. That means you are stunning and brave. That is way harder then doing mythic+.

1 Like

I never equated a +15 to Mythic raiding.

It’s like you didn’t read a word I said. I agree that PvE gear being BiS in PvP is terrible overall. PvP needs its own progression track, and hopefully the Conquest + PvP Great Vault system helps with that.

Alright, so here’s your little proof bub.

I read it and it was stupid, you have no idea how easy it is to get Mythic 15 gear compared to Mythic raiding. Hell you can even buy Mythic 15’s for like 80k gold, that’s the difference (on so many lvls) between a raider and a Mythic dungeon player.

Mythic+ geared people are a dime a dozen in pvp compared to Mythic raiders in pvp, which is something you failed to understand.

I don’t even care if a Mythic raider comes into a bg or arena and stomps pugs cause you know why, they did hard content. You know how long people had to deal with the Mythic 15 Bike trinket + flame essence burst in pvp?, yea that’s still annoying AF.

This is pretty much a BFA pvper

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/sargeras/mickas

1 Like

They should have parity, at least. Either allow the item level to scale to +20 and 226 OR cap all raid drops at 210, and give 226 from the weekly choice.

So a few things… as it stands, mythic raid already does reward the best gear in the game. Every item is the same quality as the 1 item per week you get from m+ box, so each week in mythic raid you have the theoretical chance to get 12 weeks worth of m+ chest items, and the raid typically has the best trinkets at least.
It doesn’t make sense that end of dungeon m+ loot was nerfed below heroic. Heroic raid is really, really easy. So are 15s this patch. In shadowlands, they should at least reward the same ilvl loot.
All this change means is that your gearing process is super throttled. If you don’t get what you want from the raid, may as well log out until next week for boxes/fresh lockout. Right now, m+ 14/15 gear provides good filler pieces for slots while you wait on upgrades from your chest. I actually don’t really like the chest system because again it’s just time gating. Who this really hurts is players like myself. I play in small bursts, an 1-2 hours a day during the weekdays but usually broken into 2 one hour blocks. I just don’t have the lifestyle to sit down and mythic raid for 3 hours a night 3 nights a week. Now I’m just stuck waiting on chests to get decent ilvl.

A lot of BiS will still come from mythic+ because the raid loot table has a very low spread of secondary stat changes.

For example as a shaman in beta the raid has exactly 1 secondary stat combo for head, shoulder, chest, wrist, and boots.

While mythic+ has 3-4 for all of those slots.

Rings? The raid has 3 of the 6 combos. Mythic+ has all 6 and four of the combos have duplicates so you can stack them.

BiS lists when they come out after release are going to be a fair mix of mythic+ and raid gear.

Number getting bigger isn’t the same thing as adding new mechanics

Just imagine that some people will go weeks without a single end of dungeon drop… Thats so stupid

Why Mythic Plus RNG sucks as it is?

when it comes to getting loot and they want to change it more because players are honestly gearing faster well Blizzard by the time you put up a wall someone already found away to bypass it.

Ha look at these pve bois rip each other’s throats out

The only talent to raiding is the ability to tolerate insufferable players. Gave it up and not going back to it. This is a game. There is really no “should” to anything. Everything is at the discretion of Blizzard. If Blizzard wants to treat the non-raiding players as 2nd or 3rd class customers, that’s Blizzard’s business but I don’t think it will help business much. A better decision would be to make the game appealing to a broader base of players by offering alternatives to any particular route to success or just having fun. I thought they’d done a decent job with that over the last couple of expansions, but they choose now to take a big step backwards. That’s totally up to Blizzard, but done at the peril of alienating a lot of people who aren’t going to buy into the raiding mentality no matter what Blizzard tries to force upon them. Gear is just one issue; Shadowlands is unappealing at many levels. Blizzard is going to have a real hard time convincing people that Shadowlands is more fun or more exciting or better in any way than previous versions of the game. Personally sorry that I pre-purchased before seeing the new content. I’ve seen enough in Beta that I know I wouldn’t buy a subscription today and don’t expect to get a lot out of the one I have.

And nowhere did I equate M+15 to Mythic raiding. You are literally lying about what I said.

I am literally trying to agree with you in saying that PvP not having its own gearing system equivalent to M+/Raid has been catastrophic, forcing a dependency upon other content aside from PvP to actually PvP.

It’s not the same as new mechanics, but the way the existing mechanics work and how you are forced to interact with them is very different in, say, +27-30 keys as opposed to a weekly 15.

Things that you can live through in a +15 become instantaneous death. Bad decisions on pulls that would just result in a longer fight for a +15 result in needing to reset a pack. Damage and efficiency become so crucial that above a given threshold you’re forced to bring very specifically tailored specs; there is wiggle room, but not much.

+15s, I would agree, should yield ~ Heroic raid level gear. +20s, probably closer to or at Mythic level, due to the nature of how it scales in difficulty.

It shouldn’t change how you approach them though outside of annyoning stuff that you have to do los crap with. 20s can’t yield mythic difficulty level gear because they aren’t lockout limited and mythic is.

But it actually does change how you approach things. There really are several factors that change drastically in the difference between even +15s to +20s, let alone +15s to +25s or higher. Things that aren’t lethal at +15 become lethal, pulls you can afford to make at +15 become unaffordable/result in failure, etc.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Go ahead and cap off M+ to a few thresholds below the current progression. For the first two weeks of Heroic, cap off M+ below Heroic gear level. For the first two or three weeks of Mythic, cap off M+ below Mythic gear level.

Just don’t neuter M+ gear progression permanently out of some sort of awkward respect for raiders not wanting to do any more content than they need to do for raiding. I’ll quote it once again:

Nowhere in this does it read “you shouldn’t get gear incentives for M+”. It reads “do one form of content if you wish, just be aware that doing more than one form of content might result in a faster pace of gearing”.

You can’t give mythic gear on an non lockout basis period end of story. Also that post actually shows that is exactly their thought process as well. A 7 gives a 213 in weekly chest that is what they are talking about the weekly chest not the end of dungeon chest.