The love rocket drop rate really is a slap in the face

HOLD UP…

This entire thread and no one posted one of these?! Tsk!

2 Likes

The audacity

Paying for 2 accounts on the same Bnet is one thing, being smart enough to realise you can split those 2 accounts to separate Bnets and double your first chance each day is a smart move by the player.

And that is done without cost?

Same cost regardless if it’s same Bnet or different Bnet. Players will multibox regardless if it’s for the love rocket or anything else they do in this game, but smarter on the player for thinking to use a different Bnet.

If money is going to them I don’t think they care.

I don’t see anything tantrum-y in the first post? They’re posting feedback on a system many people find crappy. I see no tantrum-throwing and calling for devs to be fired, etc. /Shrug.

Anyway, I do wish this game had some kind of bad luck protection or token drops that added up to the mount after awhile like FFXIV does.

I just got this mount today, btw, after trying every year except one, on about 15 alts everyday of the event. So yeah, it’s a bit much.

As someone who literally has this mount, I’m saying they should make it easier for people to obtain. I actually understand keeping it rare the first year so people have a year to flex for being lucky - that’s fine. But there’s no reason someone should have to spend 12 years farming a mount. Like, come on. XD

7 Likes

Can’t believe some people are actually defending the abysmal drop rate. At the end of the day, OP is paying for a sub, and it goes against everything that makes gameplay satisfying – a sense of completion – to not be able to have a chance in hell to obtain what the game you are paying for and is advertising has to offer. The drop rate is so low that it may as well not exist. People need to have a somewhat decent chance to get something like this or it may as well not even be in the game, because that’s what poor game design looks like.

People in here blaming “degenerates” for trying at an item the game advertisies like what? The real degeneration is being so eyebrows deep in WoW addiction that you think eating poop from Blizzard is normal and fine.

5 Likes

Not everyone has access to gif :dracthyr_cry_animated:

Forums weird role system.

1 Like

The last time I did any kind of massive grind for a mount was for the Sha serpent and I did almost a thousand kills before I got it. I decided then that I’d never do it again. Life is too short.

I’ve done about 7 Crown Chemicals a day but I have not bothered with my all my 60s and 70s or all my characters across all the servers. If it get it, I get it. If not, its not like there aren’t other mounts out there to get. Blizzard dangles this carrot in front of players and people jump for it because its rare and they can flex about it if they get it.

I frankly just cannot be bothered anymore. Its so deliberately targeted that I’m tired of taking the bait.

2 Likes

Knocking engagement through the roof is not an effective way to obtain change.

Everyone left the dungeon by the time I opened mine. I celebrated alone.

You think that until it drops. I did. That changed.

2 Likes

Making multiple accounts for a chance at some ugly pixels. What a waste of money.

Got the drop this morning on my third run of the day. I think that does it for the classic era holiday mounts.

It only took nearly two decades, nothing but a peanut light weight baby.

2 Likes

Kind of makes me think back to boosts on the store when they were going to just be special additives with expansions instead of something you just bought on a whim. The community instantly responded with degenerative measures they’d use to work around that limitation so Blizzard just basically said “Players are willing to stoop to excessive means like buying 10 accounts with WoD just to have the boosts then pay transfer the characters to their main account anyway.”

It makes me wonder how many things avoid being changed just because players are willing to subjugate themselves to absurd lengths over tiny things that Blizzard probably feels it’s not an issue. That being said I wonder how many things also weren’t really problematic but were changed because of a handful of people making it a bigger deal than it actually was.

1 Like

…Some post titles really are target rich environments.

-sits on hands and resists the urge to engage in snark about love rockets… Or being slapped in the face by them.-

so much entitlement with todays average wow player. rare is rare. rare is what keeps things interesting. rare is what keeps thing cool. rare is what keeps things special.

why do todays youth whine, cry and moan when they cannot get anything without a bit of luck or some perseverance?

because of refer a friend and world boss mount drops specifically from mop, that is was got me to create hundreds of characters across many many accounts. not to mention that leveling in the world alone, even when dual boxing is the most fun part of this game.

i have so many toons and accounts that i got galleon, sha of anger and oondastas mounts all within 2-3 weeks of their release. but nalak, oh boy lol. i only got nalaks mount around 2 years ago, after maybe in the ballpark of 80-100k kills, not counting bonus rolls the mogu runes of fate which would bring me to 160-200k chances.

now the big love rocket. since 2010 when it was put in game as a drop, i farmed this mount everyday on hundreds of toons across 6 accounts. in 2016 i finally got it. after around 15-20k attempts.

dont get me started on time spent on time lost or aoenaxx either. thats another story.

and you know through all of this, that 1 thing i never did? complain or run to the forums crying that i dont have it yet.

you are the reason this game is slowly dying. you are the reason for all the horrible changes that are being made. just keep at it and eventually you will get it. and if you dont, so be it. it is a rare item after all no? lets keep it that way.

offers tissue

1 Like

Pre DF, I resigned myself to never seeing the 6 world boss mounts, time reaver, love rocket and HH. I just figured the drop rates on those 9 mounts were either so bad, or in the case of Voldun giving you only 8.67 chances per year per character, that it was not worth even thinking about it.

But people just see posts like this and assume the person making them is complaining because they don’t have the insertitemhere.

You are right, there is nothing wrong with passing on feedback and trying to improve the game, if we didn’t then they would never have made any changes and would have kept the game being super grindy like classic is.

I’m probably old enough to be your dad. And this is far from a “Where’s MY mount” post, it’s called feedback, I do it to improve the game, maybe you should stop whining when you think everyone else is whining and try to better yourself and the game also.

1 Like

This argument always cracked me up.

Blizz is incentivized to create content to keep players engaged because when players are not engaged, it’s not that they go away, it’s that they rail about “nothing to do”. When they do go away, they go away unhappy because the game “ran out”. They want to play more, but there was no more to play. Adding stuff for players to do is a bottomless, thankless task. People WANT to be here and do things.

Saying that things like the Love Rocket are “for metrics” is hilarious. I mean, is that the goal? “Let’s stretch these players out as long as possible, because you know what happens when they get the Rocket? They quit!”.

Wait, so someone is going to farm this batch of pixels for 10 years, say “yay” and then…quit the game? They’re going to invest that much and then just leave it behind? Fly it around Stormwind in celebration for 15m and “well, that’s that”. Maybe take a screenshot, frame it, and put it on the mantle with snapshots of the children’s birthdays, graduations, and weddings?

“YES!” says the top hat wearing, mustache twirling cabal in the smoke filled room, “FORCE the players to come back next year!” Their hands are chapped from all the wringing and voices hoarse from all the cackling, plus the cigars. They have calluses on their thumbs from counting money.

I don’t think that’s quite how it works.

Or, rather, people like rare drops. They really like them when they show up. They celebrate others when they see them get one. “How exciting for you!” Perhaps that’s what they’re trying to promote in silly things like this event.

I think I’ve seen the Timewalking Mount drop once, ever. I think I’ve seen the Stonecore mount drop once, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Vortex Pinnacle mount drop. I saw Halion drop once, for my friend, on his first kill. “How exciting for you!”

These mounts are everywhere.

Rare mount farming is one of the hundreds of activities people can do in this game. All of those hundreds of things are there to attract people to come play. None of them stand out with the booming laughter of the cabal “THAT will keep them subbed!”.

Blizzard knows the package has to sell, not just one thing, and part of the package is the depth of all the stuff that has accumulated over the years.

Degenerates are going to degenerate. It’s not some conspiracy against them.

3 Likes

i assume you mean a low drop rate. are you sure? is mim’s head like 10% now?

and yet thousands of other people who don’t have this mount run the event once per day, or not at all :thinking:

It’s a rare mount, you aren’t supposed to be guaranteed it. If the mount wasn’t rare, it wouldn’t be desirable.

Some of you guys have an INSANELY unhealthy relationship with this game.

True. Lotta people seem to be experiencing a low grade mental health crisis over this dumb mount.