The love rocket drop rate really is a slap in the face

Part of the problem is that we have no idea what the drop rate on the first kill actually is, and we will never know, having a fluctuating drop rate means you cannot get accurate data.

And because it’s just first drop of the day that is increased, the rest going back to the 0.03% drop rate means that it’s 14 days of luck per Bnet account. And then you have to basically resign yourself to never actually having the mount because that drop rate is just not something you can ever realistically farm up an item in only 14 days a year.

Yeh I am seeing it drop for people, but it’s just equally sad that I am only seeing them post like 4 times a day showing they have the mount across god knows how many attempts.

That’s what they are complaining about. Blizz won’t give him their Love Rocket. They’re desperate.

I’ve been at it since the very beginning, every year without fail i do my runs, some years it’s just my main doing it daily, other years i throw every alt i have at it and i have never see anyone loot it lol

Ultimately though, it’s really my own fault, i know it’s a stupidly low drop rate, i know Blizzard doesn’t give a damn, but i just keep at it :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

That’s because a lot of people like myself just get the box and leave, never opening it while in the instance. I am on some discord mount channels, plus the Whatsapp groups I am in, and even then I barely ever see it.

I see a lot of people looting the other crap, so a lot are like me and loot inside.

They don’t call it the Heartbreaker for nothing.

1 Like

But seriously,

I really hate it.

I hate that I am weak and am giving into this degenerate gameplay. I have no one to blame but myself. I am only human and so I blame Blizzard anyway.

YOU DID THIS

1 Like

Some of that other crap comes from the NPC loot, not just the box.

I did, once. Years ago.

The guy who got it opened it inside, and then said “FINALLY! I HAD TO RUN THIS TEN TIMES BEFORE IT DROPPED”

I’m quite sure he quit within a month, after that.

(He was a male Blood Elf, of course.)

2 Likes

I got it today and did not open the heartbox until after I left the instance. I was actually trying to get the drake look. Another guildie got it yesterday. I think the drop rate is quite a bit higher imho.

Sweetie, it’s all totally random drops - nothing personal. However, I do empathize with your frustration. I only play the game because of pet battles, and I wanted the halloween pet so bad that I ran that stupid dungeon 30+ times a day, every day, and never got the pet. I got the mount in on the fist day and didn’t even care - I just wanted the pet. It would be kinder if they just make all the item for sale with holiday currency, that way people can work for what they want.

I hate to tell you but this valentines holiday I got the mount on my fist run. It’s all random. Best of luck to you :slight_smile: :heart:

2 Likes

Thise people make me laugh.

“Finally” post screenshot showing 15 kills

The first kill of the day is, after that it’s garbage again on any alts.

1 Like

5D chess on Blizz’ end, maybe.

It is a choice to play that way for an out of date rocket.

Nah people were always going to be multi boxing this, splitting it up across Bnet accounts is a smart move to increase your drop chances further than what Blizzard planned.

I mean. Yes and no. Blizz is incentivised to dole out the rewards as slowly as acceptably possible in order to prolong people playing the game for their time-played metrics. It’s kinda the basis of the entire funding model for an MMO. So sometimes it’s not entirely the players fault for being forced to engage in a system (if they want to play the game at least) deliberately stacked against them.

Is it as bad as if it was a F2P MMO? No, no it isn’t. But it’s still bad though.

Are those accounts not paid for?

I do love how people throw tantrums over something they will maybe use once and no one else cares if they do or not. If you are getting this worked up over something in a game that you don’t even own, you may need to step back and take a breath. Perhaps rethink some priorities.

1 Like

It’s purposefully low drop rate because blizzard wants as few people with it as possible. I’m honestly surprised it’s still obtainable.

No, you need to get more alts to 60 and go again

Quenya already has the love rocket, and the deathwheel, ashes etc…