The love rocket drop rate really is a slap in the face

Funny, of all the rare mounts, HH is what I’ve seen drop the most.,

Heck, one year I saw it drop 4 times. 2 of them for me, and I already had it. I thought they tweaked the knob that year and were just giving it to everybody.

Do people like OP ever get tired of complaining over every single thing? How tiring of a lifestyle is that… yikes.

1 Like

Not hilarious at all. They do in so far as they stop engaging with said content. Not sure what’s so hard to understand the premise that an MMO needs to thread a needle of doling out rewards as slow as possible in order to keep the end user paying a sub. And it’s not as if there isn’t proof. What do you think happens to player numbers towards the end of an expac?

The entire rest of your thread is missing the forest for the trees by trying to limit my argument for just a couple cosmetic. No. It applies to literally everything in the game.

There is no conspiracy here. There is only common sense as an MMO developer that needs to make money. You know what happens if not enough players…have a reason to play the game? That’s right. It shuts down. It’s not rocket science.

And how big would that demographic be if all such mounts were easily obtainable? Not very is the answer and hence my entire point. You basically made my own argument for me. The rarer an item is, the longer it takes to get, the more people grind it because it takes longer to get. It’s like how when there’s more cars end up on the road because the road isn’t large enough to handle the number of cars to begin with resulting in a vicious cycle of ever increasing traffic. If the road was wider with less traffic lights, the faster those cars can use it and get off it thus reducing said traffic. It is this traffic that is engagment for wow or any other MMO.

Why is everyone so upset over a mount they will use for 2-3 days?

2 Likes

It’s not so much the mount we are upset about.

It’s how there is an item in the game that realistically has 14 chances per Bnet per year in a game that we pay for, not a free to play game that forces you to buy store items to increase chances or something, this is a game we have a subscription for.

It was never about the mount, it’s how Blizzard treat their paying customers as nothing more than a number and at the end of the day that actually forces more people out of the game because people don’t want to be spending 1000+ attempts to get a mount, or a pet, or some random mog just to complete our sets.

4 Likes

Also, the fact that there’s not any kind of progress…It’s not like every attempt increase the loot drop by 0.01% or anything like the DF legendaries.

We’re just fighting a sloot machine with each attempt…

Besides all that their response and fix doesn’t make sense…

• The fun part wasn’t improve by Devs, It’s the same fight, everything is the same except for the first attempt increase of drop.

• The best approach is still to do the event as many times as possible, because you can still get it with the previous drop % just like some players got it before the fix.

They didn’t implement a full stop to alt runs or something more interesting with a better drop % or bad luck protection…

The mount should be a goal that you can target but since it’s pure RNG, you can’t do anything else besides just gamble your luck and besides that the event only last 14 days isn’t like other low % mounts that you can try all year and you can schedule your own farming time.

1 Like

You’re complaining about Disneyland adding a new ride, or adding a summer concert series (FOMO! OMG!).

They expand the offering to attract people to come to the park/game.

The summer concert series isn’t there to “force” people to come to the park, or stay late. The new ride isn’t there to force folks to stay in the Disneyland Hotel and experience the park over 2 or 3 days. It’s just more stuff that you, as a visitor can choose to do. Coming to Disneyland only to find a single carousel, not quite the same is it?

Mind, that doesn’t mean that they won’t create “special offers” with discounted hotel and park fees for 2 or 3 day “adventures” “Bring the whole family!”

The summer concert series may be enough to tip the scales for someone who was on the edge of deciding whether or not to come to the park.

Want to know a secret (well, its an open secret)? I don’t have the Brewfest mount. Ya know why? I don’t like Brewfest. I did it back the first year, didn’t enjoy it, haven’t gone back. The fact that there’s a mount there isn’t enough to compel me to suffer through content I don’t care for. Nor am I willing to suffer through it to get the, what is it? Violet Proto Drake? “Do all the holidays” meta?

But there it is, a mount I don’t have from content I don’t do for a meta I’ll never get. Yet, they put it in the game anyway! And, they left it in! How many years have we had these things?

Yes, Blizzard wants folks to come and play the game, just like Disneyland wants folks to come and visit their parks. They do that by providing content and attractions that may appeal to participants. They’ve found that folks that like the game, like to do stuff in game. More stuff to do, more that a player may find something they enjoy. Remember, as a general rule, players WANT to do things in WoW.

That’s a far cry from “lets put in this rare mount to keep folks subbed” (/cackle, /cough, /twirl-mustache). There’s no dark motive here, it’s just content, one of hundreds of thousands of pieces.

1 Like

" …drop rate really is a slap in the face"
I GOT A BINGO!
Thanks OP :smiley:

A bit of advice for any future posts that will be made…
If you want your post to be taken seriously, do not use the phrase " a slap to the face ".
I can pretty much guaranty, that posts with this phrase will be mocked or ignored.
It’s a phrase that is not only over-used, but it’s just hyperbole. Like being called a r@cist these days.

1 Like

I mean talk about blaming everyone but the people whom deserve it.

Blizzard clearly has full control over this. No they don’t have control over people’s obsession. But by their own words the drop rate is ridiculous.

1 Like

The moment you understand WoW’s metrics live and die by MAUs, the less surprised you’d be by these grindy systems/activities. If/when that happens, you might be more inclined to say “F- it. I’m not getting into that hamster wheel” and go do something more productive and gratifying.

Made up fake name of The Big Love Rocket…it will always be the Love Rocket to me…

hmm, I’m pretty sure… I already made this joke :frowning:

Until those new people who come here realise the entire game is one big RNG slot machine and leave. The RNG in this game is 100% getting people to walk out, I’ve had people I used to play with leave because it takes far too long to get some items, and it’s not just this rocket.

1 Like

Well… If someone ask me about WoW, I won’t recommend it due to the RNG. I’ll imagine that similar frustrating experience will lead other players to avoid recommending the game to others.

It wasn’t called Heartbreaker…

Has been for three years. Welcome to the future.

I do one dungeon a day with this guy. No one else.

Been doing it on this guy since vanilla. I am now 60 years old and no mount for almost 20 years.

If the mount ever dropped it would go into the collection and I would use it maybe once a year. It really is no big deal :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And now they’ve added a saddle with an even lower drop rate than the rocket. I think they literally hate us.

2 Likes

Blizz: changes name from Love Rocket

Playerbase: continues calling it the Love Rocket anyway

1 Like