The loss of authenticity in Classic: Welcome to Classic Retail

People say this but I’ve started to realize that the world buffing wasn’t bad. First, it added danger to PVP servers and a “get your buff without dying” challenge. Secondly, it did the same thing in the raids themselves, you didn’t want to die and lose your buffs so not dying became an extra challenge. It also added this server community aspect to the game with players and guilds helping each other out with buffs etc.

I know that at one point even saying that would get a lot of people angry at you but this is one thing I’ve really come to be sure about.

As for TBCC and #somechanges I don’t really think that any of them made an impact or were overall positive for the game, the way I see it is TBCC is a sad and boring shell of what it should be, and it is FAR FAR more raidlogged than any Classic ever was. Most of the TBCC people I know spend the vast majority of their gaming time playing other games and log on to TBCC only to raid. This was not the case with Classic.

I won’t speak to your comments on the Ui and the highly debated spell batching which were probably not needed, but the excessive amount of raid logging in TBCC shows that buffs weren’t the problem. I never even personally raid logged in Classic, I just played alts.

2 Likes

Nochanges and classic plus/som changes are not at all what I am talking about bro. I never stated my observation as absolute fact, I said my observations is that I have never met a competent player that wanted garbage like som or classic plus. You typed an entire book to me for no reason. When people say nochanges they don’t mean leave in trash like batching and mage boosting bro… they mean don’t fundamentally change the game

Ahhh, just another dude moving the goalposts and redefining the #nochanges movement. We had 400ms batching because of #nochanges, period. They campaigned for it under the demand of authenticity and that’s what we got. Blizzard was manipulated by a small minority that didn’t care about the implications of what they were asking for.

1 Like

Lol… there is no post bro… just because you didn’t know what people actually meant doesn’t make you right… batching was a change btw… you do know that right?

Wow, you make such a compelling argument with your list of examples. Oh wait, you listed none. I’m sure you think if you repeat something enough it means it’s true.

What gameplay changes were there to Classic? It launched in 1.12 state…just like a server created in late Vanilla would have. So I don’t want to hear that. They added the Chronoboon right at the end of Classic. What else was different? You could change the water effects and more grass?

Face it…Classic WAS authentic. And it was a resounding success.

Please enlighten me what else they changed.

2 Likes
  • Modern API allowing far more advanced addons but also restrictions that Vanilla didn’t have.
  • Modern shadows, water; grass effects.
  • Modern raid frames, huge change. The Vanilla frames were absolutely garbage.
  • Layering.
  • Spell queuing. This wasn’t added until original TBC but Classic had it from the start. Huge, absolutely huge change. Without it, you’d have to be mashing keys as fast as possible because spells wouldn’t cast seamlessly.
  • Other modern UI changes and graphical options.
  • Loot trading in raids.
  • Toggle for auto looting, used to have to always hold down shift to do this.
  • In Vanilla, you used to have to mail things one at a time. We didn’t have that at any point in Classic.
  • Battlenet integration.
  • Right-click reporting feature.
  • Probably more I’m missing.
  • Battleground Wargames.

#NOCHANGES was a failed philosophy and virtually all of the changes they did make, despite that philosophy, were very well received and appreciated.

Before you try to claim that none of that stuff is important, you used to argue for the removal of the Modern water… because you claimed it would alter PvP gameplay.

Which of course, as I proved in those threads was a farce. Most of the old water you could see under anyways.

P.S. Forgot about battleground Wargames.

1 Like

Nothing you listed fundamentally changed the game, which is the subject at hand. Again you have failed to provide a true based that massive changes make the game better. Please delete your account and never post again. You have to stop cherry picking random bs and provide REAL evidence which is impossible to provide because it simply doesn’t exist

As I said, the players. Griefing during phase one, during phase 2… battlegrounds were trashed. World buff crap, exploiting dungeons, etc… All that crap really came from private servers, and not from Vanilla. This all lead to a very inauthentic experience.

So…nothing. Glad you agree Blizz made Classic extremely authentic.

You couldn’t come up with one change Blizzard made.

Griefing is avoidable by going pve server so it’s a useless argument. You do know pve is an option right? You do know bots abusing dungeons is something blizzard is responsible for right? Everything you listed has no backing. Including world buffs because players enjoyed them even though you didn’t.

Imagine reading all the replies to this as someone who didn’t play classic WoW for more than a couple of minutes and only really played the vanilla game as a casual back in the day.

Since Classic WoW will exist forever without changes, allowing me to no longer have the fear of the game I enjoy being deleted, why do I need to play it now? I could play it in 10 years instead.

Then you guys are saying Blizzard “upgraded” it again and ruined it. It’s funny though. This company, isn’t that what they do? Haha

It’s unfortunate that I missed out on partaking of a project seemingly designed to stop us from being trolled by the “fear of missing out” game design, though.

1 Like

Hey, everything I pointed out caused a change. We got free server transfers, altered queue systems, the chronoboon… Willful ignorance won’t win you an aruement.

It also caused single-faction servers. But we know you don’t like fair PvP anyway.

:man_shrugging:

Yeah, but if you would stop buying gold, there wouldn’t be bots.

The Chronoboon exists.

Single factions servers are of no concern to someone who is scared of griefing, because you can go to pve and not worry about it. Do not left field me when you know there is a feature allowing you to avoid pvp with your world buffs because you cannot pvp nor do you have the knowledge to keep them

I don’t even know what argument you’re trying to make. The first post of yours I responded to was when you said Blizz tried nochanges and it was a failure. That made me laugh really hard since Classic was such a success. Then you immediately flip sides and say Classic wasn’t authentic at all. It seems like your stance changes post to post.

He’s mad because his problems could have been avoided in a pve server but he has some sort of ego and felt he didn’t need to be on a pve server and was proven wrong. Basic human psychology

It’s a consequence of behavior. Plain and simple.

Yes, that’s abundantly clear. At least you admit it.

Zaalg is a retail player who trolls this forum every once in awhile.

Ask him to prove he has a character higher than level 59. He doesn’t have one. He boosted it and quit the game because he hates Classic. His trolling is very peculiar, being a retail player who doesn’t play Classic and comes here to try to claim that changes make the game more like the game he plays, thus ruining it?

Odd, for sure. Look at this blatant trolling…

• Modern API allowing far more advanced addons but also restrictions that Vanilla didn’t have.
  • Modern shadows, water; grass effects.
  • Modern raid frames, huge change. The Vanilla frames were absolutely garbage.
  • Layering.
  • Spell queuing. This wasn’t added until original TBC but Classic had it from the start. Huge, absolutely huge change. Without it, you’d have to be mashing keys as fast as possible because spells wouldn’t cast seamlessly.
  • Other modern UI changes and graphical options.
  • Loot trading in raids.
  • Toggle for auto looting, used to have to always hold down shift to do this.
  • In Vanilla, you used to have to mail things one at a time. We didn’t have that at any point in Classic.
  • Battlenet integration.
  • Right-click reporting feature.
  • Battleground Wargames.

Virtually all of this was received positively. Maybe only the right-click reporting and layering have any complaints.

Oh, this one is good:

a “BLANKET CHANGE.”

1 Like

Classic was scuffed from the beginning. Mega Servers aren’t the classic experience. The server capacity in 2005 was roughly 4-5k. Not 20-30k. It was doomed from the start. This ruined World PVP, the community feel, the auction house, contributed to a lovely boosting community that plagues the game to this very day. Thank you Blizzard!

Yea, man me and the boys used to kill Ragnaros with no fire resist in level 56 greens all the time!

Yea man, that blizzard. The multi-dollar company.