The Loremaster Achievement - Which Continent is the Toughest?

So far, for me at least, it’s been Kalimdor. Never really been a fan of it outside of the Night Elf zones. Desolace and Stonetalon Mountains in particular I found to be tough to get through. For those who are on the same path OR who have already completed Loremaster, which continent was the toughest for you to get through? Not necessarily the most difficult, but required the most amount of time and patience?

You kids have it easy

Back in my day they only gave you a number for each continent and you had to go find the quests yourself. Uphill, both ways, in the snow, while being chased by rabid whatchamacallits.

14 Likes

I completed the original loremaster before it was revamped in Cataclysm, and I don’t really remember which continent was tougher. I just remember having to trek through every inch of every zone trying to find quests that count towards the achievement.

1 Like

Just wrapped up Thousand Needles! Working on Southern Barrens now :slight_smile:

Northrend is the worst just because it has Zul’Drak, which is… ugh.

4 Likes

Outland. By far.

If only because a number of questlines for the zone achievements are locked behind reputation grinding.

6 Likes

Outland. Just has many bothersome quests. Low drop rates and a lot of lapping around across zones. A few quest lines send you all over the place and through required dungeons too which is a pain. That part is the worst.

5 Likes

Thankfully I at least have Hellfire Peninsula out of the way :slight_smile: On to Zangarmarsh next! :smiley:

I’ve been foot-dragging on this achievement for years, only have a few zones left in Northrend to go, and they feel so monstrously long.

1 Like

Which zones?

Welp. Remember those rep grinds I mentioned? One of them are in Zangarmarsh. “A trip with Sporelings”, iirc.

1 Like

How so? Looking on the bright side, at least I do enjoy both Outland and Northrend zones :slight_smile:

Let’s put it this way. Remember Suramar’s questline back at Legion’s launch? Take that grind, and multiply the grind by about 100. Then you’ll get a good idea.

Long story short, wait for BC Timewalking, and buy a bunch of rep tokens to send to a toon to get the rep quickly. Otherwise, you’ll be turning in items for about 30 rep per turn-in.

Wait, there’s a rep grind for Loremaster?

Yep. A number of Outland zones have a questline locked behind rep.

1 Like

Oof! Then I guess I’ll be tackling Outland after I wrap things up in Kalimdor :stuck_out_tongue:

Outland, there’s no contest.

1 Like

Well, definitely Storm Peaks, never completed that on any char. But I completed “Fo’ Grizzle My Shizzle” on n Alliance alt, and while hovering over it shows a completion date of 1/12/19, it is still grey on this char. So I don’t know if that will be a problem in the end or not.

They are separate achievements per faction in the database;

Horde;

Alliance;

1 Like

Yep. BC Timewalking will make it a little easier thanks to the rep tokens off the TW vendor.

1 Like

But how often does that occur? And how do I use/receive them?