The least played Class?

Just curious, What class is the least played?

For sure it is not Paladin or Hunter.

Monks, warlocks, and shaman usually take that honor.

10 Likes

monks by far
followed by shaman

14 Likes

prolly my class we just get stunned to death silenced to death unable to cast anything and die lol pvp isnt fun on sham

5 Likes

Least played has and always will be monk, because their entire aesthetic clashes with wow and feels out of place. They should of designed monks more similar to diablo 3 monks and less kung fu panda.

After that its shamans because they usually get the short end of the balancing stick and end up under powered or overly squishy and that roller-coaster annoys people.

30 Likes

Personally I was turned off of shaman when I realized it was almost entirely about elemental magics, not spirits and cool stuff like that.

1 Like

I feel shaman and paladin were supposed to be support classes providing party boosts but people wanted competitive dps so they changed their flavors. I wish they’d go back to it.

I think statistically it’s monks because they’re the newest non-hero class. I have 2 of them.

5 Likes

not sure that’s the reason but okay

it could also be that when they were introduced they were a lot of work for average results. and today anybody who wants that playstyle would be happier with DH

5 Likes

Last I checked it was monk, mostly because they had to do the 1-90+ grind compared to the other two expansion classes, but they’ve been powerful enough to get more and more players over the years I feel.

At this point I feel like shaman might be at the lowest since they’re so uninteresting and keep getting all their features ripped out and replaced by gimped versions of other class features.

4 Likes

I miss Wrath/Cata ele Overload mastery.
So many zaps. But none wanted my zaps, just my totems and lust.

5 Likes

Raises hand :raising_hand_woman:

6 Likes

Same. I don’t enjoy throwing water at everyone for heals. It seems weird. And rude. Like, oh, did you get hurt in that battle back there? Lemme just drench you with a bucket of water, that’ll make you feel better, right?

3 Likes

We manipulate the water in peoples’ blood to heal them. I think it’s kinda cool.

5 Likes

Monks are still lower than Shaman. I’ve heard people call it a “complicated” class and that’s why they don’t play it. I don’t agree, but that’s what people have said to me.

I don’t know, I cast healing rain and then just think of every action movie cliche where they’re like, “How could it get any worse?” and then it starts raining on them. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :pensive:

4 Likes

I bless the rains down in Africa. I kinda agree with you, I just prefer the Avatar explanation for my own personal fantasy.

4 Likes

Survival but that is spec wise.
Probably DH or Monk.

Id be interested in knowing what the least played DPS spec was. Would not be surprised if it was Survival Hunter.

1 Like

specially on resto, my poor shaman friend can’t cast a heal to save himself in bg’s.

You have to learn the RShaman PvP rotation. It’s riptide, wolf, run, run, run, repeat.

10 Likes