The layoffs

" This game is doomed"

Yes, but not until World War 3 gets started, which is looking likely to happen next Tuesday.

Are we just going to ignore that stockholders are people too? My retirement is funded by stocks. Am I not a person like an employee?

2 Likes

Ya mine too. Doesn’t mean shareholder value should entirely supersede any semblance of worker’s rights. But y’all wouldn’t understand that in the US.

1 Like

Which makes you responsible for checking out the companies you invest in. If you owned acvi stock you just let bobbi kotick use contractual loopholes to walk away with millions.

That’s on you for investing in a company run by an unethical person. Equal opportunity not equal results.

2 Likes

You’re only a victim if you want to be. Free yourself and move on already.

2 Likes

Incorrect, many folks are wronged through no fault of their own.

In the situation of this game, we’ve been directly and indirectly misled by lies and innuendo. They quit turning a fair portion of our subscription fees back into keeping the game in good shape. We were misled.

1 Like

I like the way US does business for the most part. It’s why my pension is 130% funded unlike some other places. It’s always a tension between what’s best for the employee and what’s best for the consumer.

Idiotic. You don’t buy single stocks man. You usually have an investment guy/girl that takes direction from you on how aggressive you want to be and they buy funds (large collections of individual stocks).

Also, reevaluate your moral high ground while walking around with cell phone and other devices made of conflict minerals and wearing cloths made in sweat shops.

2 Likes

Yeah, those short term profits really do help shares look good. Sure. The entire US economy is digging itself deeper into a sustainability debt that will catch up sooner or later.

Good that you have a great 401k though, it’ll really help cover all of the medical debt you’ll accrue after retirement because even your national medicare system is rotted.

1 Like

No way, they’ll wait till after the Superbowl st least.

2 Likes

Nearly every developed country is digging itself into a pit. America may suck in a vacuum but it’s doing well relative to the competition.

As to the medical debt, I also have great insurance and retirement insurance so I don’t know what you’re talking about.

You don’t know me or my financial situation. Why are you acting like you do?

Lastly, if my country is so bad relative to others why are we getting tons of people who wish to live here?

1 Like

Well if we’re being honest, the vast majority of those people are coming from the ones doing worse, not better.

2 Likes

-You have several nearly-failed nation states south of you connected by land.
-Birthright citizenship.
-The EU gets a significant amount of migration too.

Nah Mike Ybarra was definitely given the option to resign with dignity rather than being “laid off”. He was laid off. People do not walk away from that kind of money.

Happens all the time with executive positions.

1 Like

Eh, he could also already have an offer elsewhere. I’m sure at least a few companies came knocking once the buyout was going.

1 Like

With any business there is restructuring it’s no different in this case,some will have to leave while others are placed in different positions(hopefully). This is not surprising even in an entertainment industry.

2 Likes

*yes we do sadly, but people come from many far away places
*good point. Doesn’t that make us a better, more inclusive nation?
*true, because like the US, the EU is doing fabulous compared to the “competition”. Both spots can be great at the same time.

Unless he had something else lined up. Only time will tell.