The layoffs

I hope this won’t impact blizzard entertainment as much. Even though Mike Ybarra left on his own accord and the original co founder of blizzard these are just management positions but the thing that I would hope that won’t be affected by the layoffs are game development teams (the survival game team is the only laid off game development team and the game is cancelled but I hope those people will go into existing blizzard games and gain more people in those teams).

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but I don’t think companies typically transfer people to other projects after laying them off. They would have done that already instead of laying them off in the first place.

3 Likes

I always said Msoft would dissolve wow, it’ll be vaporware soon. Msoft was buying King’s mobile gaming presence not the B-rate teams that have plagued us. It’s finally over.

3 Likes

Really looking forward to room-temperature IQ stuff like this being spammed in the coming weeks.

They just committed to three more expansions like, a few months ago. WoW is going nowhere.

12 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think you meant it the way it sounded. It is going nowhere and fast.

4 Likes

Sure champ. Whatever you say.

1 Like

You know they aren’t keeping you hostage, right?

4 Likes

How do u have 112 posts? You post like every single day.

2 Likes

Are you copy pasting this in multiple threads?

3 Likes

I am a victim of the sunk cost fallacy. They held my years of fun hostage. Now if they made a free server we could port our 2004 characters to that would be fine. As it is they have banked on the holding hostage of your digital avatars.

1 Like

You aren’t the victim of anything.

2 Likes

I have my popcorn ready.

3 Likes

I most certainly am. Just because it was all legal never made what they did to our beloved wow right. After years of the abuse we suffered under all the lies and innuendo, it is a bittersweet victory.

At least I’ll have a lot of company. /hands you a cup of tears…

2 Likes

2 Likes

For me and may be 5 million others.

I honestly feel bad for the employees though. Much worse for them than for the players. Too bad they couldn’t keep up the pace with ion throwing wrenches in everything.

Next expansion we’ll have to do pathfinder just to run on the ground and mounts will become cosmetic.

3 Likes

I think Microsoft flat out said get laid off or get fired. And of course both look bad, so both “quit”.

Good riddance honey let’s make WoW great again!! woohoo… ION NEXT ION NEXT ION NEXT ION NEXT

5 Likes

Ion isn’t going anywhere. Sorry to burst your bubble.

2 Likes

That’s what they said about everyone else :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As with any merger people leave the company. WoW will still be plugging away. They just announced three expansions at the last Blizzcon.

Ion isn’t going away because he fully supports the mythic raid logger and the esports nonsense.

1 Like