The kelfin love/allied race discussion thread ✿

I disagree at least from a biological standpoint

That they would be able to breathe water alone would require a new racial.

1 Like

TBH, some ARs honestly didn’t need to be unique races and could have been customization options with the same racials (Lightforged, Highmountain). Unfortunately, that isn’t the case with Kelfin because of the water affinity.

That said, I would like to see Kelfin playable.

5 Likes
  1. There is already this.

1. Customization wooul likely mean none of the fins and other unique geometry they have.

2. It would also mean no gilgoblin druids which if you saw those model edits I did could be amazing.

3. I have a bad taste in my mouth from people constantly trying to relegate this race as a customization. People saying it would be a waste of an AR slot and so many other horrible things. If gilgoblins did become a customization(just hoping that customization in the picture doesn’t count as it) then it would feel like a win for those people.

4. They are pretty much in line with the other allied races we had. Goblins were the only core race that got something completely different.

5. Gilgoblins that can drown is almost as bad as eredar that can’t be warlocks.

3 Likes

10+ years of Warcraft 3 modding makes me look at it from the modelling perspective :p.

Mechagnomes: really impressive from the model side of things. Least rolled race in the game for every other reason about them

2 Likes

Interesting thing to know. I turned this:

Into this:

And this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/700806825574137996/700838932019150898/Screen_Shot_2020-04-16_at_1.00.23_AM.png

You are not looking at a texture swapped HD goblin model, but a very heavily refurbished version of the gilgoblin cata model. And I really love that Queenfish as I call it. That would be so fun to play as. Hands down one of the most complex model edits I’ve done.

EDIT: Easier to see picture.

Imgur

4 Likes

Their racials are genuinely among my favorites. Love my mechagnomes.

Kelfin do definitely have modeling reasons to be an AR but also their lore would necessitate different racials from goblins. I think anyways.

1 Like

Support 100%! You’ve clearly shown you’re passionate for the race, and so therefore you’ve got my support. Hope you get what you desire!

5 Likes

Voice lines is also something I should work out. I reckon their voice lines in Nazjatar would easily be many actual voice lines.

1 Like

Gilblins and Ankoan please Blizzard. There’s potential here that really separates them from normal goblins.

8 Likes

Yea. Its ashame they didn’t take the opporunity to have ankoan show up at stormwind. Same with Sethrak. But of course fans of these races I am sure what more then just an npc appearance.

1 Like

Odd that they had the Unshackled show but not the Ankoan.

Which is why I think they were planned at some point.

1 Like

I think blizzard is at least not done with them yet

I would certainly hope not.

1 Like

If they become playable, it’d be nice if they had a home too. Some underwater hangout not sure where though… On second thought, all races could use a home of their own. Like Gnomes, Worgen etc… But YA! underwater hangout, complete with a kelp forest border :otter:

P.S. Daily fishing quest for Kelfin, releasing fish into the sea, protecting other sea life & so on :heart:

2 Likes

There is a large body of water right next to Orgrimmar. I think they could also hang around Azshara. Perhaps they purified a certain area and goblins within that area are not allowed to pollute it or something like that. I can also seem them swimming in Orgrimmar ponds.

2 Likes

Really neat!

I have an idea for racials (Dunno if some one already said it). Something to do with fishing. Obviously.

1 Like

+1 bonus to increased fishing or perhaps a fish buffing ability? Would make sense for them.

2 Likes

Yeah. Increased swimming speed and water breathing?

2 Likes

Both make sense for an aquatic race like kelfin for sure, but I bet if blizzzard was to make them playable they would probably want to find a want to make it more distinct from undead and kultiran racials. Thinking.

3 Likes