The JOKE that is Chromie Time

I want to move on asap. It’s a shame I can’t just level to 2 and instantly be max. But this is a step in the right direction. Saves me 10 sec not having to hearth

If all people wanted to do was overpower their way through old content, they can already do that now any day of the week which makes Chromie Time an utterly pointless addition to the game if the intention is not to allow players to play the entire expansion of choice at an appropriate level.

Blizzard’s “End Game is all that matters” logic strikes again.

3 Likes

That would be odd. Level to 60 through old content and then find out you have to complete all the SL leveling content so you can continue with the game. That would be horrible.

Uh… people have been talking about this for weeks. And we’re pretty sure it’s changing to just halt you at 50 until you decide to leave Chromie Time.

There was a news article on Wowhead about it and some have said that they’re changing it.

You misunderstand what Chromie Time is.

Chromie Time is to prevent what we have now : travel between expansions as you level. With how levels are squished in Shadowlands, you’d barely get a few quests done and have to travel to another zone almost immediately.

Chromie Time simply lets you level all the way without having to travel from Vanilla to TBC to Cata to WoD, then Legion… It just lets you do it all the way in a single expansion.

Chromie Time was never meant to be a “Timewalking questing” mode. Just a more sane way of getting from level 10 to 50.

1 Like

This was a topic I started about it earlier. Read the responses.

And here’s the main topic for it, started back in August:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dont-force-us-out-of-chromie-time-timewalking-journey/617686

1 Like

I’ve done the stories of all of the expansions so many times over the years that none of this fazes me in the slightest. I do agree that it’s plain silly to knock someone back to Orgrimmar as Horde or Stormwind as Alliance sixty seconds after you hit level fifty.

They could turn XP off completely in all past expansions once you hit level 50, it’s not like that would be a difficult implementation by Blizzard, would it? That or allow people to turn off XP and still utilize Chromie time to finish up anything they want to?

In any case, I’m glad they don’t force you to do an entire expansion from 10 to 50 before you can hit level 50, I couldn’t imagine doing the entire expansion of Wrath of the Lich King, that’d take forever to hit level 50 if it was synced up with the storyline from beginning to end. So thankfully fast leveling is still in place.

1 Like

From what I’m hearing, they’re possibly changing Chromie Time to just stop letting you gain XP once you hit 50. Which would allow you to continue questing and finish up what you’re doing.

Now, the smart way to do it would be to give people a choice with a pop up window. Let them leave if they choose and get ported back to the main city, or let them continue on with the caveat that they no longer gain XP in Chromie Time.

4 Likes

The only issue that creates is people then using Chromie Time to build up a twink using raid gear that is massively overpowered compared to typical quest drops and grief others just trying to level. As happened in Classic, where the faster levelers just ended up then griefing lower leveled players, and as happens on retail regularly.

I think it’s fine the game throws you out of Chromie Time once you’re done. It lets people that level through Chromie Time with War mode on have an actually nice leveling experience, where PvP remains somewhat fair (as all you encounter are other levelers, not level capped people with Covenant abilities and Soulbinds, or decked out twinks).

They can already do that outside of Chromie Time. Moot point.

And I think it’s not. People would like to finish what they’re doing.

4 Likes

Sure, but they are phased away from Chromie Time players. So it’s not really a moot point, it’s a very important point. Chromie Time actually acts as a sort of anti-griefing shield right now.

They still can, the quests are available outside of Chromie Time. You can still play the game exactly like today on live, with exp locking at the expansion’s cap.

Who cares? They can still go into a raid with others and get this twink OP gear you’re talking about. Get carried by friends and guild members.

Yes. Moot point.

No they can’t. They’d have to go back and not finish where they currently were. Getting ported back to some city while in the middle of a quest out in the middle of nowhere is not good planning on Blizzard’s part.

3 Likes

Chromie Time players do. Your fun stops where other people’s fun begins.

Ok, but they can’t bother Chromie Time players with it.

I think the “not bother Chromie Time players” is not a moot point, it’s a fix people have been asking for since prior to Warmode, and post-Warmode.

Would you rather it just phased you out and left you there outside of Chromie Time ? Because I can live with that. You can keep doing what you were doing, out in the normal world.

But staying in Chromie Time only opens up the griefing of old.

No idea what that even means in context to what I said.

…what?

Literally already told you how I think it should work. Do you like talking in circles?

1 Like

… what ? How is “you can’t twink or grief” a hard concept ?

The problem is your way introduces exp locked capped players that can twink out a toon and grief.

You are free to do that outside of Chromie Time.

Leave Warmode. Problem solved.

You really don’t have any way to defend this.

That being said, I’m done talking in circles with you and you have no argument. So I’m done.

2 Likes

Idc if I’m 50, don’t take my Chromie away.

1 Like

Leave Chromie Time, problem solved better.

You really are going to defend griefing ?

Sure I do, you just don’t like it.

It probably won’t go live like that. I’m sure you’ll be able to go to SW/Org whenever you want once you hit 50 when it goes live.

Not sure what your trying to say. I’m merely speaking on leveling freedom.