The JOKE that is Chromie Time

Chromie time is about story of older expansions not about how we can role play walk around the maw.

:100: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

How is it abusing the mentor program ? You literally help out a new player. It’s called a win-win.

Because that’s how this game has always been. :man_shrugging:

Yes, you have exactly all the same options you have today.

Ok, I’d rather they fix and ship Shadowlands myself.

No, there’s some players who think your twinks shouldn’t be in Chromie Time and that a whole seperate Timewalking questing mode is not feasible considering Dev time is best spent finishing Shadowlands.

Yeah, I can’t really agree with a forced teleport to SW/Org. They should get a quest popup telling them to go back, and a single-use Hearthstone set to SW/Org instead. IMO this is the best way to make everyone happy.

1 Like

…I can’t even wrap my head around your twisted logic anymore.

Ok, let me find some level 10 player. I’ll sync up with them and go do some questing in the Eastern Plaguelands while they level up in Elwynn or Westfall.

I’m sure they’ll find that very helpful.

5 Likes

Why are you being rude about it ? You know, you can make a friend and quest with them. Talk to them, ask them if they would rather accompany you to the plaguelands ? If they don’t, then make another friend ?

I’m wondering if I’m in bizarro land, on a forum for an MMORPG, people are against making friends and talking to other players and grouping up to do common content.

That mode already exists, because they’ve already done the world scaling. It only requires them to lock XP at 50 and implement a single “report back to Chromie” quest, which I’m pretty sure won’t keep them from finishing Shadowlands.

2 Likes

You can do them, but you can’t complete them because certain things can only be done when you hit the Legion level cap, like world quests and the broken shore.

That introduces Twinks to Chromie Time. With Warmode being a thing, I think they want to move away from things like Hellfire Penninsula being a pain to level through. They want Chromie Time to be a better leveling experience. Not a better way to grief levelers.

1 Like

I believe the traditional answer to that is “turn off war mode”.

3 Likes

Well, now the answer is : you’re not doing that in Chromie Time.

You see, they don’t want Warmode to be “Horde mode” or “Griefer mode”. This is an actual fix to an actual issue. Chromie Time Warmode will be a much “fairer” playing field (fairer than it is today) with no level capped toons, no twinks griefing leveling areas.

They say a lot of things. In retrospect, some of them don’t seem to have had the sort of effect it was claimed was making them necessary.

A lot of changes have been made since Legion “For the new players!” They implemented level scaling after nerfing leveling at the beginning of Legion, then claiming new players weren’t joining because leveling was too easy. So leveling went from 30 hours to 120 hours. This change was roundly rejected by the playerbase. Where are the new players who were waiting for this change to join?

There never were any. They wanted level scaling because it fit into their master plan for long-term development, just like converting all earlier expansions into single track leveling zones.

The purpose of leveling is still to bloat people’s playtime after they start new characters. It would be nice if they’d put the story back, and in most zones someone who is unfamiliar would never guess what was supposed to have happened there.

But still, after you’ve done your time in purgatory, they rush you into end game. That’s where they want new characters to be, not lingering in old zones and poking around.

Everything below max level is just an extension of the character select screen. Level in dungeons, then go back and do the expansion content later if it’s so important to you.

Frankly, returning—and even brand new—players probably aren’t interested in seeing 1/9th of a 20-year story, especially not condensed into a three hour period where they are mostly trying to learn how their character works.

In other words, this is absolutely not a legitimate problem. WoW’s story is a dumpster fire of plot holes and retcons anyway.

This must be sarcasm. We can currently do more of what we want than arguably any time in the game.

1 Like

You think so? I guess you didn’t want all the things that have been removed in the past few years.

Did you count Island Expeditions as 4 different things we should like to do?

Considering how many people were upset Magni never gave them free teles I think it’s a nice gesture.

I’m sure if you really wanted to you could travel back to where you were leveling and continue.

One of the things I was most excited about was leveling an alt through an xpac.

As it stands, with the various XP buffs that have been added over the last several xpacs, going from 10 to 50 will happen in about 1.5 zones, which is not even a third of an xpac (not even counting the endgame).

Some people would like to continue playing the old xpac on the alt, with the mobs still a challenge. Apparently, this was one of the features touted in the announcement of SL. (Granted, a LOT of announced features end up getting cut…) Instead, given how fast leveling is now, why bother with leveling from 1 to 50? Just get everyone to 50 and start SL, and forget old xpac leveling.

Even after all the stuff that’s been nerfed (e.g., gold rewards) or deleted (e.g., legendary questlines from MoP and WoD), there’s still a hundreds of hours of content in the old xpacs. Blizzard wants us to forget that old content, but some just want to putter around doing something different.

4 Likes

Thing is if they didn’t kick you out to go do leveling that would be like going to Outland during BfA when you are 110 working towards 120 to level.

You can always go back and do quests if you are trying for lore master.

I often travel back to Legion and WoD to putter around (emissary caches and mount/pet/toy/xmog drops in Legion, playing around with leveling followers in WoD). Given I’m one or two xpacs beyond those, it’s fun to stomp around, facerolling everything.

That’s not what people are asking for. In Chromie time, the mobs scale to your level, so it’s a challenge still.

Once you leave Chromie time, from what I understand, you’re facing mobs scaled to the top of the xpac’s levels (BfA at 50, Legion at 45, and so on). Even If it’s noot one-shots (e.g., elite mobs from BfA when at level 60 in SL), it’s still no challenge.

3 Likes

According to Wowhead:

Emphasis mine. Mind this is confusing, but if it works, if you can “pop back” in to Chromie time at 50 and just run around doing quests and getting “L50” gear until you’re sick of the expansion, then that’s OK.

Just needs to be clear that you can do that.

So, say you’re leveling through Wrath, ding 50 and get kicked out. If you can go back in Chromie Time, then you can continue questing.

But in the “real world”, Wrath only goes to 30, so you’d be completely overpowering it if you were interested in finishing.

And, yea, if you’re dinging 50 is 2 zones, then the whole thing is more pointless.