The jailer is a terrible villain

You can’t just retcon established lore to make the character responsible for key moments in Warcraft history, and have said villain’s plans only work because other characters are acting uncharacteristically stupid, or have mountains of dues ex machinas allowing him to get around interference from the player, yet still expect people to go “oh man, what a great villain!”

Arthas and Illidan were edgy bois, but they had plans - many of which failed horrifically. We went on the journey with them and understood their motivations and personalities.

The jailer is just some bald doofus who, aside from various retcons and rewrites - has only shown on screen that he is a blundering moron that would have failed at various points had characters displayed basic intelligence.

34 Likes

He’s the worse villainj I’ve seen this wow history.

14 Likes

You’ve failed at making a villain believable and intimidating if all people could talk about were his nipples in the bnet launcher when Shadowlands started

17 Likes

Villains need to have motivation and we need to understand that motivation. Some mystery can be good, but there isn’t enough explanation on who the Jailor is and what he wants to do and why.

8 Likes

Maybe if his character design wasn’t actual trash? That robotic death knight placeholder we saw in the original trailer was INFINITELY better.

There’s even concept art where he kinda looks like a manlier version of the primus. What happened to that? Why did we get Mister Clean’s goth nephew?

4 Likes

He and Sylvie made a great team :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
/sarcasm

14 Likes

Sargeras was just a puppet. The real mastermind behind the Burning Legion is an entity known only as “the Fel Lifeguard.”

Believe me, he’s responsible for all the bad things that ever happened to Azeroth and is the best villain WoW has ever written. We’ll face off against him (or her???) after we finish up with the Jailer.

8 Likes

Azeroth will awaken and smite the Jailer.

Yoinking that gif.

The main issue is poor story planning, the entirety of Shadowlands is a giant retcon and lore mess. There are holes everywhere.

13 Likes

It’ll cost you Dolly and Dot.

Even Arthas the Lich King was also a complete buffoon. He’s made more mistakes than I could possibly count.

Dolly and Dot cannot be traded, they are the most powerful creatures in Warcraft canon.

They could kill Sylvanas and the Jailer offscreen, but they are too smart to take part in this circus.

But Arthas never went “MUAHAHA, I’M SO INCOMPETENT - KNEEL BEFORE MY INEPTITUDE MORTALS, AND WATCH, AS I DO A THING THAT YOU CAN’T STOP ME FROM DOING BECAUSE PLOT, FOOLS!”

He wins, but with the way it was written, he almost lost quite a few times. He earned his crown as the best WoW villain.

2 Likes

I’d love to see this.

Does Azeroth crack open like an egg shell or does she magically appear and the planet is saved.

No doubt she takes the giant sword and becomes the best Titan ever,

Or maybe ActiBlizz will just forget that it ever happened.

3 Likes

You seem mad because the story didn’t go your way. Get over yourself

1 Like

I agree 100%. It drives me nuts that all of these “leaders” are so stupid and they make us “heroes of Azeroth” the only people who could “escape from the maw” go along with their stupid plans.

If I didn’t want to fly, I would have left that quest undone because there is no way I would have done what they had done. Also, WE, the champions of Azeroth, who took out old gods, the burning legion, and the lich king while he was wielding frostmorne, couldn’t take out a guy with bad one liners? :roll_eyes: :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I agree, Garrosh for warchief!

Who’s the jailer? Is he related to The Nipple Man?

3 Likes

Remember when the biggest pressing issue of the day was hoping the Silithids wouldn’t spread across Kalimdor? Or trying to retake the scorched parts of the Redridge Mountains from the Dark Iron Dwarves following Ragnaros? Or trying to figure out where Varian went? Very down to Earth Warcraft scenarios.

Now we have villains that were secretly in the background the whole time pulling all the strings and they are literally concepts of life and death itself. Warcraft is starting to go very, very anime lately. I miss having villains like the Black Dragonflight, or Arthas back when we knew the Lich King was originally Ner’zhul with no strings attached aside the Burning Legion at one point.

5 Likes

I want to figure out more about it, too… I know its a fantasy n’ all and there are a lot of odd happening going on but the thought of a planet being an egg is so silly to me, I want to see how they portray it.

Maybe they pull it off, maybe its so ridiculous I adore it. Anything but making it boring and middling.

2 Likes