The jailer is a terrible villain

Lol and YOU hit people with newspapers! You goofball and your amazing gifs

1 Like

As a bald doofus myself I am shocked and appalled at your slanderous comments.

1 Like

And I don’t see how WoW lore ever will go back to those more relatable, grounded villains ever again now that the adventurers have gone to the afterlife and beyond. Diablo writers painted themselves into the same corner with the Reaper of Souls expansion.

Maybe, they could have Goku … I mean … Sylvanas magically turned back into a little girl who goes on wacky adventures with some underpowered friends in the next expansion. They could call it “WoW GT.”

TO BE FAIR.

He has pretty intimidating nipples.

So you’re saying we should sneak into his personal torture chamber while he sleeps, remove his nipples and escape while he’s screaming in agony?

There’s a few reasons why a lot of people don’t like playing high level campaigns in tabletop RPGs. You can make a simple adventure into a vast cave of Kobolds an entertaining, challenging, and relatable experience for adventurers and just as meaningful a story as anything ‘epic’. In fact, more often than not trying to go for ‘epic’ in an adventure tends to feel too extravagant; like the DM is trying too hard and overlooking the very factors that made the game fun in the first place. Going for ‘epic’ once in a great while is fun, but trying out out-do that ‘epic’ every subsequent adventure gets ridiculous and players can only suspend disbelief for so long.

Even Everquest had this issue, at some point you were literally fighting the very Gods you may have selected as their choice of worship at the character creation screen. Honestly, Gods being a mysterious force that may or may not interact in subtle ways with people during an adventure stands to add more intrigue and value to the world narrative than turning them into just another raid boss. The same goes with villains, which Warcraft has happily let us plow through one by one until we got to this situation where there’s literally nothing left to fight but made-up people we have no real investment in.

Yeah, once in a while fighting a Beholder is a cool thing in DnD, but I don’t want to eventually see my dungeons full of them because I’m hunting down the Super God of the last five other Gods I’ve slain and checking them off a list as I go.

3 Likes

The jailer is so pathetic as a villain that it makes the entire lore of wow pathetic because how they’ve retconned everything to him.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be shocked if Winston from Overwatch decided to be the next expansion’s main villain.

2 Likes

yeah we ran out of all those level of villains. thats why blizz is just going bigger and bigger. i’m all for it tbh, how lame was 8.0 where we were fighting trolls and pirates once again all patch. like how can a friggin pirate even affect me? I’ve slayed gods

WoW just needs more grandmas forming part of its core story. Jaina, Taelia, Tyrande, nightburned elf woman etc. all aren’t grandmas. They probably make horrible cookies and cant even stitch a beanie.

So you’re saying you like the nipples?

I think he is an ok enough villain - the problem is we still don’t know what his goals are.

So its kind of hard to care when you have no idea what’s at stake.

Oh he’s taking over the shadowlands and destroying “the purpose” … yeah but to what end? Who cares? Up until a few “weeks ago?” no one on Azeroth other than LK even knew about the Shadowlands.

Until he tears off the mask to reveal the truth… it’s Illidan Stormrage.