The issue with SL legendaries compared to Legion

The point I was making is that the mats that you can not farm are extremely expensive for what is essentially vendor trash.

Ok wait a min. You are good enough to do a season 3 15 key already. That tells me that you had a bunch of valor from season 2. Did you not use that to buy mats before valor was reset?

It costs 45 heavy callous hides to make a rank 4 item like shoulders. That’s 450 callous hides.

That’s not “easy to farm”.

Anything made with tailoring? THAT’S easy to farm.

100g is not “extremely expensive”

750 valor got you 10 callous hides, less than a quarter of what you need to make an item.

Talk to me when you have ranked up blacksmithing. You want 45 heavy callous? I will buy you some with anima tomorrow if you want. Have gotten about 70k anima on my alt since the patch. 7500 anima for 10 heavy callous. Easy deal.

Which gives you all the recipes used by people who wear blacksmithing gear.

Leatherworkers have to do it twice. Leather AND mail.

You missed the point yet again. You obviously run keys a lot. You had lots of valor. You could have bought many mats. Valor reset and now you have to anima farm. Or do some callings and use that gold to buy them. That’s probably the most time efficient.

You are a monk, you don’t have to craft mail anything. Just work on what you need. Unless you are trying to sell stuff. Because if you are it just sounds like you want an advantage over your competitors.

The problem with SL legendaries is the cost. On the AH, they cost about 10x the price of what they should for something tied to player progression. I hated legion legendaries, but it was a better system than what we have right now. At least they didn’t cost gold.

The absurd cost of crafting legendaries, lead to absurd costs in the higher ilvl items, and this is unsustainable for a lot of players who dont have the time, means or even will to farm so much gold.

In my opinion only the 190 ilvl base item should exist and people should be able to earn tokens to upgrade to a higher level by completing a specific layer of Torghast with a five star score, and then you combine that token with all the respective currencies to upgrade the legendary. The higher layer you complete, the higher rank you can upgrade to.

That way, Legendary base items would have been something more like flasks, that dont give you an absurd profit but are fairly easy to make and always needed. And people wouldnt need to spend absurd amounts of gold, neither to craft nor to buy them.

And please, make CN memories drop in Sepulcher. Why is Blizzard so stubborn on leaving these in a deprecated raid?

I usually agree with Brewa but I think he’s massively wrong in this case.

Completely screwing over the crafters who already invested shouldn’t happen. “Catch-up” already exists - you only need to know how to craft 4. You don’t have to level from 4 to 7.

The real problem is there is no “discount alternative” anymore. Previously, ranks 1-3 existed for alts and provided a great utility to players. What we need is some way for alts to get decent leggos, NOT RANK 7, but decent leggos.

A golden take, pun intended.

Sunk cost fallacy.

Blizzard is gonna do what Blizzard is going to do. If they deem it wise to nerf the mats, they will nerf the mats.