The "I don't like FF" thread

Kind of stealing the topic here, but do I lose anything by playing free trial? Can I just buy everything once I finish Realm Reborn? I’m afraid that I’m losing out on some aspects of the game potentially with free trial. I know in WoW free accounts are pretty limited.

The way I see it, if I want story ill play swtor. Its got one of the most consistent storylines I’ve seen in an mmo. Plus its voice acted and I love my sith toons.

If I want a bunch of content I’ll play wow. Old questlines for rep and loremaster. Mount hunting, pet hunting, tmog hunting etcetera.

AFAIK, you can upgrade from Free Trial and keep everything you did thusfar.

It would be right silly if that weren’t the case.

It’s just that upgrading is a one-way door; once you do it, you cannot undo it, and your account can no longer be played without a subscription.

EDIT: That was weird, clicked edit and it gave me a 2nd post.
EDIT2: BTW, the Free Trial lasts until the end of Heavensward, the expansion after ARR. And the only thing you are “missing out on” with the Free Trial is the ability to hire Retainers (and as such, the ability to sell items via the Market Board).

All other content is included in Free Trial, all the way up to Level 60 and the end of the Heavensward Expansion and all content therein with the aforementioned exception of anything relating to retainers, and oh, housing too because you have a gil cap which is lower than what lets you buy a house.

EDIT3: To put it in terms a WoW player can easily understand, imagine if TBC Classic were Free-to-Play, but if you don’t have a subscription, you cannot use the AH but everything else except Epic Flying is accessible because you’ve got a 1k gold cap.

2 Likes

Community in FF is about 100x better then WoW and has been my main MMO for 4 years.

WoW is great to play for a little bit here and there, I just don’t see myself ever coming back long term. WoW is a meme at this point.

2 Likes

New World is soooooo boring

Lately I’ve been having a decent amount of fun in TBC Classic.

At first I was like “I’m just gonna level a paladin in preparation for Wrath.”

But I wound up being grabbed by some large social guild that actually does some dungeons n stuff, wound up buying a lv58 skip for a resto druid and after healing a few dungeons, and getting a few carries on my paladin, and the fact the guild does beginner Kara raids… I just might get into a little TBC Endgame. I dabbled in it when TBC first came around those years ago and I’ve fond memories of some entry level Kara raiding.

Have fun with that. I main classic when it comes to WoW. Retail’s systems and scaling sucks.

Yeah, the scaling in retail is just… eugh.

What’s the point of gear and leveling up when everything is always your level and scaled to your personal power until you start putting purples on?

Just… what is the point of doing anything anymore?

One thing I immediately noticed in TBC Classic, was… I’d go into an area, and some mobs were orange, some were +2 yellows… and an hour or two later, now they’re +1 yellow to -2 yellow and much smoother. Then I’d come back a few hours later and it’s green to grey and I feel like I’ve mastered this area, I can go back for farming n such.

Then I step into a new area, and it’s “Eeeek, those are red… I’m not ready for this yet.”

It feels so much more… natural than “I can go anywhere I want because everything is always exactly my level”

Or… “Hey my gear is lacking, I think I’ll go to this area that has lots of green quests”.

It just felt better.

1 Like

im enjoying New world, its like Runescape with 4k HD lol i love Mining and chopping trees while watching tv its just Relaxing XD

Cool! The other 60% had their graphics card fried.

What do you mean no armor changes? I change my armor all the time.

I think they are referring to the Level 50->60, 60->70 and 70->80 ranges where you buy Poetics gear and use it clear until the next set of Poetics.

Ff14 has tons of throwback to ff4 and 6 and the other ff games. Honestly that’s what got me interested and playing. Endwalker will have more ff4 references and that has me excited since that and 6 is what I grew up on.

i keep hearing about ppl Vid cards getting bricked, but my 1660 ti runs the game on ultra with absolute no issue

It doesn’t help that they hide cosmetic fluff items, unless you have a Prime membership.

Off topic for a sec, but I read your toons name as Viera for a second lmao.

I created this character before the Viera were ever a thing, lol.

1 Like

Honestly I love the Tomestones systems of gear better than the insane amount of rng on top of rng we have. I’d love to be able to supplement my gear with badge gear just in case I don’t get any drops or upgrades via great vault or m+

1 Like

It’s probably because I’m replying on my phone and trying to read anything like that I tend to make a bunch of mistakes lol.

Eh, to be fair, the only difference is a single “i” and it’s easy to miss.