The "I don't like FF" thread

And here we go… lol

how come aint freer game then WOW game !

1 Like

in a brave NEW WORLD :sunglasses:

Tried it for 2 months. Dialogue made me cringe. Combat was slow and boring. Unsubbed. That being said also unsubbed from WoW. Been playing league lately and watching spooky shows on Netflix.

1 Like

I was very much in this mindset for a long while when I first played FFXIV (I’ve been playing for years). My thing is, I’m not the kind of person who runs dungeons nonstop, it’s never been my cup of tea. If there’s a story linked to it, I don’t mind it nearly as much. Also, so long as I have my professions, I’m happy as a clam. FFXIV professions make me VERY happy.

Fast forward, and I’m pretty much pro main story. Granted, it is long, but the dungeons are woven into the story as you go along, and doing PuG runs in FFXIV is THE most pleasant I’ve ever done PuGs (outside of ESO), and I say this as a tank and healer main. I have not once had a single issue with a player in a PuG run there: no snark, no bad feelings when I went the wrong way, nothing. We laugh at a mistake, act goofy for a sec, and move on.

Also, the ‘raids’ you’re talking about are the Primal fights (Summons for anyone not in the know). Yes, they require a full party of eight people, but it is NOT the equivalent of a raid. FFXIV has proper raids, but you aren’t forced into one of those in the main story.

That was a fear of mine, ages ago. You literally party up and kill a single boss (i.e., Ifrit, Leviathan, Shiva, etc.). Leviathan was probably the most involved fight, and that still took about six minutes max, which includes a full party wipe (it was super funny). Smash out the win, get your stuff and enjoy those new levels dude.

3 Likes

I’m kinda curious if NW is more than 40% loss. Obviously hype happens, but I saw it for about a week straight near 1 million on Steam alone and now it’s down to mid 400ks.

1 Like

Played FF years back when they relaunched it. Just wasn’t my cup of tea at the end of the day, there were a lot of things I didn’t like. A lot of those were small things, but they added up I guess.

I don’t think the game is garbage, just not to my preference. I didn’t go into some aspects, but I’ll take it on faith that it does do some things better than WoW. WoW isn’t amazing in every aspect after all.

I just don’t like FF fans sitting around here bashing WoW really. I don’t like FF, but I won’t go to their areas to trash on the game people like after all.

1 Like

LOL. Oh man, spoken like someone who hasn’t played New World. Games deader than WOW considering how new it is.

2 Likes

I found it extremely boring when I played it and so so many people have found the same. FF reminds me of the left and company, always need to have a lot of advertising done for them.

1 Like

And we thank you for that. Now if only the forums would adopt their art style.

4 Likes

I had some FF fan straight call me racist for commenting on how their website/account management was straight up garbage.

:expressionless:

3 Likes

that is pretty racist of them

I think it kind of morphed into that over time.

When FF14 started really improving, they had (have) a lot of features people think would do well in WoW and suggested it. Then your WoW simps rear their heads refusing to believe anything from “that weeb game” could improve WoW, so people starting trolling them.

But the trolling started annoying regular players too because they were seeing so much talk about FF14, so it ended up as yet another “us vs them” argument. Seems like even now most FF14 related posts are just targeting the people who get tilted by someone mentioning the game exists. lol

2 Likes

No, I don’t- I love ff14, but guess what? It’s OK to love wow. You like what you like and that’s fine. Don’t feel like you have to justify yourself because of what other people are doing. You can like and play whatever you want. :smile_cat:

1 Like

FF graphics and style definitely feel less polished compared to WoW. The usage of colors and interface, feels very washed out for some reason. Maybe because I started in Ul’dah, and the scenery feels very much of the same color as the interface.

But it also gives me a strange feeling of serenity when I play. The story and characters and the overall style kind of grounds and envelopes me. I feel good playing that game, like I’m a part of a story there or something. I can’t explain it.

And overall game design wise it balances nicely between routine and excitement. It doesn’t fall into instant gratification, but also doesn’t make me feel like I’m spending time doing nothing. Again, maybe it’s because I’m still new there.

It seems like WoW has been designed for competitive players recently, and that is very much apparent on atmosphere around the game.

2 Likes

I recommend the new Halloween movie. Surprisingly good. Lots of blood :slight_smile:

FFXIV does not keep me hooked, even when I want it to. But a new expansion coming out, I may give it another shot anyway. I am bored and want new content in an mmo.

Yeah, Uldah is an arid area, and as such, there’s not a whole lot of color variance going on there.

But I’m sure as you played the game and visited Gridania and La Noscea and areas beyond, that you’d realize that it’s just a result of being in an area with lots of sand and rock and sparse vegetation.

But yeah, the huge draw of XIV to me, is how you can make steady progress and you never feel like you’ve wasted your time in pretty much any endeavour that you undertake. Go on a dungeon run, you gain something even if it’s just tomestones.

I can’t say I ever did a dungeon and got absolutely nothing out of it.

But in WoW, a good 80% of my dungeons, I came out of it with maybe 100g which is basically nothing. That’s why I stopped doing dungeons unless they come up as Callings. And even then, certain Callings, like Revendreth, I’ll just do the stupid Elite WQ instead of the dungeon.

Unless you’ve played to the end of MSQ, the arrival of a new expansion won’t change anything for you. And if you buy a skip to get to the new expansion, then the story won’t make any sense.

1 Like

I would be, have played till the end! :slight_smile: I just get bored after, the endgame doesn’t hook me when I know I really want to return to WoW.

Ahh, okay. You did play to the end of the MSQ?

Then that’s fine!

XIV is not a game that wants you to get addicted to it. XIV is a game that wants you to play through the MSQ, maybe do some of the dungeon roulettes, and the raids a few times to get some gear on a main job and then take a break until new content comes out.

It was designed with that mentality from the get-go, stated by Yoshi-P himself.

Buuuut.

I understand if that mentality is so foreign and alien to WoW players, that they don’t really understand it and think there’s something “wrong” with the game when it doesn’t demand or even support a 40-hour week work schedule of playing it.

3 Likes