The Horde: A Different Type of Heroism

That’s just disingenuous bull and you know it.

All the Forsaken get is a few sentences in Shadow’s Rising and it boils down to

“Hey so living in this sun scorched chasm is wildly uncomfortable”

5 Likes

They’re gonna be allowed to return to Lordaeron and truck along like nothing ever happened, maybe even granted political legitimacy over the lands that they partially acquired by culling all the humans present. The people of Hillsbrad Fields, the people of Southshore, the people who were subject to their live vivisections in the Apothecarium, all those people are going to be forgotten. They don’t matter now, if they ever mattered, as the narrative presents it.

Calia was even present in Southshore when the Forsaken attacked and was part of the refugees. She lost her husband and child in the attack and she still doesn’t give a flying fahoo about it.

The Forsaken get to come out of this painted as victims. The victims of the Forsaken get to come out of this painted on the walls of Torghast with nobody even remembering their names.

4 Likes

I’m inclined to agree with those points. Although I think anything involving Northern Kalimdor stuff to the Night Elves rebuilding what they’ve lost.

Seeing as Forsaken are apparently the Night Elves’ worst enemy as of BfA and the bulk of Night Elves and Worgen are currently in Stormwind, a Human/Worgen/Night Elf march out of Stormwind and on what remains of Forsaken territory could easily incorporate a moment of vengeance against their hated enemy.

I would say rebuilding when the people who burned it all down are still at your door step and sometimes coming into your yard is a futile and empty method. If there is anything that should come out of this is the NEs going back to their violent nationalistic xenophobic roots by expelling the Horde, retaking their own land and invading the Horde’s by establishing forward bases to discourage any encroachment on their lands.
I get the Horde player doesn’t want to see their favorite victim being their punching bag again but the last thing the NEs need is slinking in their corner of the beach and trying to rebuild their sandcastle after the same bully has stomped on it several times now.
They have to stand up to the bully.

2 Likes

Gee. Maybe don’t try to exterminate people. Its almost like if you fail, you might have given them some ideas. Besides they just unalived them. I don’t think it counts as murder if you pop the rascal right back up. I suppose they didn’t ask if they wanted to be revived but Jesus didn’t exactly check Lazarus for a do not recitate bracelet.

Almost like the Forsaken had some pretty solid reasoning when you stop and think about it from their perspective.

His name was Hillsbrad Farmer. And again he’s fine now. The Forsaken shot him with a laser beam and he popped right back up and now has a goth gf and a vampire dog. That’s called an upgrade.

Yeah, or you might end up like the Forsaken and get away with it completely and utterly.

2 Likes

They revived them. It’s fine.

Inside every human is a skeleton yearning to not breath free. They are liberators.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think blowing up Orgrimmar is a tenable idea. Especially not if you expect to do it while still trying to maintain Alliance as goody goody and I don’t think Night Elves should be at the vanguard of any, “The Alliance is now capable of terrible stuff now!” story. That and for meta gameplay reasons, it’d result in losing another analogous Alliance city.

And slinking back to their beach and trying to rebuild their sandcastle is exactly what you’d expect from isolationist xenophobes who almost got wiped out in their most holy land. Not a expeditionary campaign of conquest and occupation into other lands.

I’m just saying that the way that the story seems to be headed, if you want succor for your perceived victimization it’s looking like it’s way better to be a Forsaken fan (or at least one variety of Forsaken fan) than a Kingdom of Lordaeron fan.

We fell out of our tree in Reign of Chaos, hit every branch on the way down, and then BfA happened and it looked like we were about to hit a trampoline and bounce back up but the trampoline was made of concrete

Never said Orgrimmar but all of Azshenvale with edges of Azshara, Northern Barrens and Stonetalon are perfectly good locations to build some good NE defences to discourage Horde invasion in NE holylands as you called them.

The Horde rampaging across Ashenvale while Darkshore is blighted and felwood is well felwood acomplishes nothing.
Especially since the Horde can attack their defenseless lands just as quickly.

Sorry but the NEs need their strong moment as much as they need their rebuild.
Rebuilding with the Horde terrorizing them and a constant threat doesn’t achieve any goal.

Remember the ending of BFA? No piece of parchment will stop the drums of war.

2 Likes

The Forsaken should be allowed to return, in the interest of peace. The vast majority are Lordaeron natives anyway, and even with all the raised inhabitants there’s still a far, far lower number than there was pre-Third War. Let the Argent Crusade keep the land they’ve settled, when the Eastern Plaguelands are more cleared out let that be settled too. Lordaeron was and is a massive kingdom, and I highly doubt there’s more than a third of the population left to inhabit it even counting every single Forsaken and every single living settler under the Crusade’s purview. The Forsaken can even inhabit far less space easily, since they don’t need to eat and thus don’t need farmland.

On the flip side, let Gilneans have Gilneas back, and have the Horde move out of Ashenvale and Azshara. The Forsaken do have a solid claim to Lordaeron, but so do any living refugees, and there’s a ton of space for both.

2 Likes

Believe it or not I do feel bad that this Lordaeron Fandom of yours isn’t having a good time.

But c’mon man. WoW made it very clear from day 1 Stormwind was going to be their human faction. The idea they were going to evict a player faction over ish they themselves made them do would be a kinda ridiculous notion.

6 Likes

That can never happen due to Battlegrounds continuity. There will always be conflict in Ashenvale with Horde invaders and NE defenders.

1 Like

I’m on record as saying I wouldn’t oppose sharing Lordaeron with the Forsaken. The Forsaken wouldn’t even need to leave the Horde. I advocate that the Undercity remain Horde territory while Capital City is rebuilt as Alliance territory. The Conclave administers relations between the two cities and the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade keep the peace while Alliance and Horde representatives observe.

All of Ashenvale and the edges of Azshara is actually what the Night Elves have now. According to the story, the Horde forces ceded the lands, so if they ever do update the game to reflect it, it’s not going to be a bunch of Horde resisting as Night Elves drive them out. It’ll just be Night Elves with the land and rebuilding it.

The bulk of he Horde’s forces that threaten the Night Elves are in in Orgrimmar/Durotar. Any plan to secure Northern Kalimdor’s safety that includes extending beyond current territory but doesn’t include dealing with the capital of the Horde sitting right there on their doorstep is doomed to failure.

1 Like

There will always be some conflict or another. Gather X wood to build this portion of the wall only get you so far. If the NEs are there then they need walls, fortresses and defences that the Horde will be trying to breach that the NEs need to defend.

Which is why a violent retake of NE lands is necessary and fortification those lands to deal with the Horde thread. Perhaps this time the Alliance as well the NEs have massive garrisons and defences with big gnomish missiles aimed at Orgrimmar should the peace fail once again.
That could be the finale of the zone to show the deterrent in place for the future.

Eh, it’s becoming increasingly clear that even among Alliance fans, Kingdom of Lordaeron fans are a shrinking minority as time marches on relentlessly and people who strongly engaged with the RTS games and Vanilla WoW become older and are replaced with people who’ve never known the world outside of Stormwind being dominant and Lordaeron being ruined.

Those young whippersnappers will never understand what we old timers went through.

2 Likes

Right, which is basically just the Night Elves rebuilding. Not an offensive war.

So they are going to attack/destroy Orgrimmar?

Because otherwise, they’re just building a bunch of stuff on the land they’re already acknowledged to own and attacking everywhere else while Orgrimmar, the greatest potential threat, just kind of sits there and doesn’t actually do anything.

I think it’d make more sense and be more feasible game-wise to just have them join with Stormwind and Gilneas in an attempt to take out the remaining Forsaken. Give Night Elf troops some moments where they get to be absolute terrors to some Sylvanas loyalists holding out in the Eastern Kingdoms.

“The Horde Has Changed” TM (whatever that means). Therefore, they will silently watch as the night elves put on their brass knuckles, and after being hit, the Horde will turn the other cheek.

Nothing says prosperity like living literally beneath people who don’t trust or like them, who will also be able to block them off the outside world as they abuse the desire to not escalate into full war. Who will increasingly also want more control of Tirisfal, as self interested people with a ingroup vs outgroup situation tend to do.

4 Likes