The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Thereā€™s literally nothing on this earth more beautiful than a sunset at the la jolla gliderport, itā€™s been my insta bg forever. Watching the sun cross the pacific ocean with a sky full of gold chefs kiss couldnā€™t ask for a better end to the day.

Have you ever been to baked bear at the pb pier? OMG youā€™e got to gooooooo. I also love coffee so bird rock coffee roasters is where I take all my visitors.

For insta the zoo is actually pretty great, I mean its like disneyland of zoos.

Do they cook kangaroos???

1 Like

Yes we do.

OMG where do I get some if I go to Austalia!? Does it taste good? Is it tough meat? What part are we eating!? WHERE DO I FIND IT!?

1 Like

:scream: :sob: :scream: :sob: :scream:

Poor kanga and roo! You ate them! But what does it taste like?

2 Likes

Iā€™m really glad I could squeeze something productive out of this thread :heart_eyes:

Kangaroo meat is delicious.

2 Likes

In order:

Literally anywhere. Itā€™s extremely common and cheap, cheaper than beef, about the same price as lamb.

Bit gamey.

A bit.

Mostly the area around the haunches.

Well theyā€™re related to rodents, so the most similar I can think of would be rabbit. Or maybe venison. Itā€™s really gamey, like no fat.

~https://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/product/macro-meats-kangaroo-steak

1 Like

Iā€¦I really want kangaroo meat now.
I thought it would be tough though.

1 Like

Watch out. Kangaroo Meat also kicks back.

Iā€™ll write some of these down ty!! I know we need to make reservations he wants to go to Sugar Factory in SD, thereā€™s a cute fermented fruit wine place called Fruitcraft he seen me post from and wants to go, thereā€™s also Parakeet Cafe I think that one is in La Jolla, and Puesto! Those are a few spots we planning on anyways!

Also have you been to Kindred, one my favorite spots when Iā€™m back home!!! me acts like Orange County is so far

No I havenā€™t been to kindred, but if you like vegan food the place to go is Cafe Gratitude downtown. Try their shakes. I mean all their food is amazing but their shakes are delicious.

Funny, one of my best friends used to work at the parakeet cafe. Iā€™d go there all the time. It is really good, and their coffee are amazing. If you like spanish tapas have you been to costa brava? Itā€™s in pb. highly recommend. Their sangria is the best lol. My favorite date is costa brava followed by baked bear and walking on the pier/boardwalk.

If you go to north park holsem coffee has a giant marble counter and a huge display of on draft cold brew coffees. Very instagramable, and so is the rest of np.

1 Like

I fail to see whatā€™s not productive about 15 years of whining about elves.

1 Like

I have heard of that coffee place in North Park!! Never been now I have to go!! We also going into Del Mar to see my grandparents lol I told them my friend was flying in from Australia and they wanna host a lunch. But ty for some of the recommendations!! I might even wanna go on my own heh love new spots!

Real talk though, when are you joining the pit of vipers in the disc?

Oh, oh, oh, make sure you go to the lotus cafe in encinitas if you havenā€™t already been.

Thereā€™s a disc for this???

1 Like

Finding local hamburger places are usually way better than ā€˜fast food franchisesā€™, imo.
:hamburger:

3 Likes

Well, if there is an app for everything, should there also not be a disc for everything as well?

Thereā€™s two, thereā€™s Legacy of Quelā€™thalas or Quelā€™dorei or something for people pushing for helfs and High Elves? More like Bye Elves for people against.

When people first started using disc people would say ā€œis there a disc?ā€ in raid chat and I would say ā€œno, Iā€™m holyā€ and feel bad cuz I wasnā€™t the meta spec. :expressionless:

1 Like

Man I have made that joke so many times.

Except itā€™s usually ā€œYo man, you getting on disc?ā€ ā€œNah dude, Iā€™m shadow.ā€