The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Where’s that come from? I’m on team give those options to humans, blood elves, dwarves, gnomes, and undead (and any other race that has skin tones similar to those humans in real life have, NOT counting people who OD on silver and get argyria)

2 Likes

theoretically, till they put humans on the horde, your variants would more logically include mingled horde races. though the skin colors, obviously should be available, the features which are human features, should remain features of humans and human mingled races.

Look, lore doesn’t enter into it for me. For races with skin tones that are within the humans of reality range, I think all the skin tones that’ll be added to humans should be available (although I think UD should get pallid versions of those tones) just because it’s the right thing to do.

1 Like

i just said that. i only specified that the features, like the Epicanthic eyelid fold of asians, for example, be limited to humans or human-mingled races since they are characteristics of humans, just as fangs are of orcs and tusks of trolls and antlers of tauren, etc. i mean, i think it will eventually happen anyway, once people overcome the idea that they are just doing so for politics, rather than for the benefit of making the game more approachable.

I met others on Discord who I’m not naming Names but I did met folks on Discord who really hated the idea of Black Skin Tunes for Elves and would much would rather see High Elves and Blood Elves remain fully pure white.

ok, misread then, thought you might have been suggesting that for colors, not the facial features. I think the elves would probably be fine just with some more hair options, don’t think all the races need to have that kind of added customization.

Dunno what else they bring to the table, but they don’t exactly sound like the type of people I’d want to associate with.

I’m not naming names because I don’t want to cause drama and problems on here. So put it simplely I met folks on Discord who talk about Blood Elves and High Elves. Then when the idea of Black Skin Tunes came to mind for High Elf Customization Options for Void Elves and Black Skin Options for Blood Elves. Some of the Folks I met who happened to be Pro and Anti really hated the idea of Black Skin Options for Elves and would much rather have Pure White Skin Tunes for Blood Elves and High Void Elves.

There are some Folks out there who really dislike the idea of Black Skin Tunes for any kind of Elven race and well races like Gnomes, Dwarves, and etc.

I mean if you guys want my opinion. I don’t mind Black Elves or Black Dwarves, and etc.

In fact as long as it brings something new and fresh to WoW. I don’t see the harm of seeing Black Elves walking around in Stormwind like Half Elves or Blood Elves with Brown Skin Tunes too. I mean there’s already Black Dwarves with Wildhammer Skin Tunes and Forsaken Black Skin Tunes too. So I don’t see why not.

well ask them if they dont want more options for humans, such as the new asian and african options? if so, eek. if not, then a half elf, who would be half human, should be able to share human characteristics with humans, so we’d have asian elves, caucasian elves and african elves. it’d be wonderful

I’m just a little wary as there’s a certain core of us people think of as antis, and I dunno if any of us have a problem with that or care that much. And well, at least from my POV there’s something messed up going on when people are getting really upset about more customization options, especially if they’re protective of them staying one skin tone. So just don’t want to be associated with people who get that worked up over that topic.

1 Like

Its their loss. They don’t have to play a Asian Human or Black Human. Or Half Elf with Black Skin in General.

Again like I said with Tarrok I don’t mind seeing Black Elves within World of Warcraft. I’m already happy with the Asian and Black Humans already and I look forward to them. Plus I also hope we see more News on Customization Options in General like Half Elves for Humans, Dark Ranger or Brown Skin Tunes for Blood Elves if folks wouldn’t it, and well etc, etc.

1 Like

it’s likely a lore argument. in lore, elves have rarely been described or rendered in art as anything but caucasian. but humans, on the other hand, have been, and if we get a half elf, where the non elf part is human, i’d expect that to be the perfect opportunity to have those variants available.

this subject is gonna be a sore spot for blizz’s relationship with horde fans, till they distribute it via giving horde a playable human . they gonna have to or the awesome on alliance is gonna be too much.

I dunno, combining the hating darker options and some of the other terminology used there, that comes off as maybe lore being used for an excuse for a BAD reason.

2 Likes

yes, i agree it does sound that way, though i’m not so quick to assign the negative reasoning, as it is second hand information. benefit of the doubt.

And I support Half Elves as well, I just would still push for High Elves too unless something is explicitly done with them.

Though I do by default like the idea of being a 20’s something Half Elf seeing as I’m in my early 20’s and coupled with the inclusivity of other ethnicities Half Elves could have access too I would really like them. I just would still voice support for HE’s for the people who wanna RP that story and if Blizzard didn’t do anything with them still.

I honestly feel like Blizzard is divided with some wanting them playable and others not so they just are in limbo? Perhaps that is why they weren’t used as a base for my beloved VE’s.

(coughs This is Lannisteros I posting on my new Warlock I’m leveling to replace my mage may take me awhile since I want at least EK Loremaster on him before I’ll move on for a bit, probably go back to Kalimdor at a later date lol, I am also trying to do the Sylvanas loyalist arch in case it gets shadow removed before it gets shadow removed in the event it gets removed)

Anyways I meant to ask it is your staff you have said before that makes you glow?? I wanna see how it look to be glowing lol

That’s a yikes from me.

2 Likes

I’d tell them to get a pair of glasses, for Blood Elves only have one or two whitish skin tones - the rest are peach/reddish.

Fortunately, our proposal for High Elves does include darker skin tones.

3 Likes

Yeah so fun fact, if you actually look at the belf skins with an RGB tool they’re not any redder than high elf skins.

There is at least one “black” elf in lore.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Devi

Though she may be part human or it’s a Dalaran Elf only thing.

And Dark Skin Tones are literally the biggest request for High Elves after Tattoos.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/384af1931b0d72433d58e4013c5ac47a/tumblr_pi08h6VWIb1smv67eo2_1280.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/433270544218062849/501913151353257994/raphah_edit.jpg?width=1213&height=683

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329725237438578688/497559136259801088/HighElfMockup.jpg

Talendrion’s mockups.

3 Likes

yeah, though ingame i think it just lights up the area and doesnt do much to your char, it does brighten them a bit. if i recall, it lights up one side of your face more than the other. it’s the staff for sure. can also get that same effect by a few different offhands, and a wand or two. any offhand lantern, for example. the torches too

1 Like