The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Speaking of which, I need to take a shower.

And then Iā€™ll only be a disguting nerd.

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh sweet, another excuse to use this.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I skipped all the way to the end to make sure the ā€œERDā€ ending was thereā€¦ now I can go take my shower.

1 Like

Go take your shower you filthy undead nerd.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not outdated lore, and Chronicle does not retcons it. Chronicle is a general account of the events, the details are in the novels, in the game, in stories. Chronicle skips dozens of events because itā€™s concerned about the general picture, not minutiae.

Again, none of it was retconned.

You canā€™t cherrypick what is canon or whatā€™s not as per your convenience.

There is not a single time in over 15 years of game history in which blood elves call themselves high elves. Not one.

Thereā€™s many places that say in no uncertain words blood elves do not consider themselves high elves and do not behave like that.

Claiming otherwise is going against canon.

3 Likes

High elves have to be playable or else Alamaraā€™s wonā€™t get to play a pale skin elf.

Long as it means an allied race slot isnā€™t wasted I donā€™t care what they do to the lore.

1 Like

There is also in game content such as the quest in Winterspring that shows a shared story of destruction between Highborne, High Elf, and Blood Elf all attracted to this one site. And both the Highborne and High Elf show pity for their actions and the ones to come after. But the Blood Elf ghost shows disdain for those who came before him specifically the HEā€™s and comes off in a superior way that I donā€™t think HEā€™s do, HEā€™s seem above things and have ego but their ego is almost Jedi like / false humility. And Blood Elves forgo that in outright were superior and we know it type attitude (itā€™s why I love them actually)

1 Like

When one source says Kaelā€™thas gave them the name and made a speech, and another, more up to date, from a book that is considered to be the recap canon of all events since (literally) the creation of the entire universe where Azeroth itā€™s part of, says specifically that Kaelā€™thas wasnā€™t even present and came in when his people had already adopted the name, yes, it does. Thatā€™s how retcons work.

And again, regardless of the circumstancesā€¦ Honoring their fallen doesnā€™t make them different.

Yes, which is what I said, the information in the encyclopedia, exactly where it says they are the same, has not been retconned.

You are saying this? You?

And that still doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re different people.

Because they honor those who diedā€¦ the circular arguments againā€¦

If I were you, Iā€™d take this advise.

I mean, personally, I really donā€™t care what other races Alliance gets, if they get something cool and unique, good for them, logically, things will keep changing to justify those things and all we can do itā€™s hope they make even a little sense.

But lore bending to give them copy pasted blood elves with blue eyes and a different stanceā€¦ thatā€™s when I find issue with lore bending, specially after the constant put downs towards Void Elves and how badly they were handled from the exact same people that demands this lore bending.

In that same questline, the high elf ghost remarks how the events in Quelā€™thalas changed their descendents (the blood elves) forever.

3 Likes

What about the part in which it clearly says blood elves do not consider themselves high elves and do not act like high elves?

2 Likes

YES! It was actually one of my favorite quest lines doing lore master and really highlighted the disdain that common BEā€™s have to HEā€™s and the sense of pity HEā€™s have for BEā€™s (we see this mirrored in Vareesa showing ā€œpityā€ for them too imo)

But that quest I think showed the cultural differences in game to the best of an in game capability without going to a book or some such!

1 Like

I thought this was supposed to be the Mech Gnomes right?

I am playing a pale skinned elf already.

I want high elves, not pale skin.

5 Likes

What they consider themselves itā€™s absolutely relevant.

They are the exact same race.

Youā€™re attaching your argument to something so flimsy that if a High elf comes forth and says ā€œI now honor those that were killed when the Scourge destroyed my homelandā€ and decided to take on the name Sinā€™dorei, theyā€™d be a whole different thingsā€¦ see how simple that is?

But sure, balance your entire argument on that, you can also try to balance a boulder on a stick, but it wonā€™t last long.

I think you were trying to ā€œget meā€ with this one, but I actually like mechagnomes more than base gnomes so and I find them far more interestingā€¦ :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

They are not the exact same race. Because race is not just biology.

A high elf declaring himself sinā€™dorei is not just a name change, but a change of ethos as well.

Void elves are more like blood elves in that regard than high elves would ever be.

3 Likes

You completely ignored the rest of my post, kudos, youā€™re not even hiding it anymore.

Again, itā€™s something that can change so easily that all that those still holding on to the name high elf, can change overnight if they wished.

Which to itty bitty piggyback off this is what Iā€™ve always said about VEā€™s and WHY I love them so much and think they appeal to a niche thatā€™s contingent on already loving BEā€™s (horde players perhaps?) idk but the fact that they are not former HEā€™s tells me HEā€™s are still in play as a possibility which is why the turnout of anti arguments imo is so strong, because they never know which way the pendulum will end up swinging, maybe with Golden helping write we will see some argument for them and Alliance to have things we want.

1 Like

I didnā€™t, I just didnā€™t quote it whole and chose to focus on the basis of it all. I even addressed a high elf declaring himself sinā€™dorei.

The game treats high and blood elves as different. The stories do. The encyclopedia did. Insisting on the contrary is stubborness.

4 Likes