The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

The pro high elf community makes informed genuine posts based in kindness in order to enlighten people on HE history / talking points / reasons to be in game :blue_heart:

Please do not insult my intelligence thank you.

1 Like

overly verbose statements, eloquently stated are artistry, akin to bourbon’s adaptability. gotta admire the intellects behind the debates.

1 Like

So, why are you asking my to show proof when I asked you to, and you refused?

It wouldn’t have devolved into a haranguing session if Bourbon would’ve just answered the question the first time I asked it, instead of the fifteenth. :man_shrugging:

You’re right – so substitute “conclusive” in for “conclusory”, and then the statement reads appropriately.

It’s a suggestion made by implication – you’ve done the internet forum equivalent of walking into a public event, hosted by a particular group, and telling anybody there that if they don’t like listening to your opposing views they should leave.

You’re completely allowed to behave this way, of course, but none of this paints a wholesome picture of your motivation for posting herein – you’re just the type of person who derives joy from opposing things that other people request, in the most vitriolic manner possible, and finding every opportunity to deride said people. :man_shrugging:

(And before you attempt to explain your presence here as being a result of not having a thread of your own to voice your position(s) in, do note that Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer is currently open and available for your viewing (and posting) pleasure.)

1 Like

Adaptability? I havent even changed my argument. This was cute the first time, but now you are coming off as mean-spirited.

1 Like

Because you said you read the entire post length, so I figured either you were trying to either get a rise out of me or you actually needed medical attention.

1 Like

This perfectly and articulately summarizes my opinion as well.

1 Like

Because the claim is yours.
You are the one that needs to prove that the RPG fed into the Encyclopedia.

That’s a total false claim that you need to prove. I don’t have to prove it’s false, it’s you that need to back up your statement with evidence that proves it true.

Or else any outlandish claim, like “Chris Metzen is an alien” would require people to have to prove it false before it’s doubted.

You make the claim, you prove it.

4 Likes

But you also make a claim. So why do you not have the burden of proof when you are making a counter-claim?

If you have the gotcha, then just show it. There would be no reason for this pompous stance if you didnt have it. Youre trying to buy time, and push burden of proof on me when you made the recent claim.

sorry, bourbon. will avoid noticing your strong points. hehe.

I contested your claim. Now prove it.

BTW, where’s the source for the Stormwind claim? You still failed to show it.

With what evidence? You dont have anything and its obvious. Stop stalling and show your evidence how Im lying.

“There’s a teapot, too small to be seen by telescopes, orbiting the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars. Prove me wrong.”

2 Likes

I dont own a telescope. So sure, it could be there.

This is the problem.

You’ve made an assertion, Alamara questioned it – burden of proof requires that you prove you’re correct, not that Alamara proves you’re wrong.

2 Likes

No, the burden of proof would be on her since shes claiming I am lying. Since the Encyclopedia was good enough evidence before right now.

Go discuss with Bertrand Russell, then.

1 Like

I dont care, show me the proof of me lying. Stop stalling. I know you are frantically looking through the Encyclopedia finding that ‘gotcha’ right now.

You are intelligent, yes. You are, however, dishonest in your observations too.

Why use many words when few better?

That is not what I asked.
If your issue are random observations about the game. Why do you not harangue other individuals who do it constantly?.
The answer is simple.
They want high elves as well. You don’t have an actual issue with it. You simply wish to grief those who oppose you on the high elf position.

A rare admittance of error.

Nope. It is suggestion based on an assumption. The implication is not present at all.
“If you don’t like it, leave.” Is a direct, confrontational statement. It literally states it. If you dislike what you see, then bounce. Otherwise, you will need to contend with there being something you dislike.

I have not ever made such an argument in the past, and considering I have always stood by the stance of a public forum being subject to public debate, the implication here is that you wish me to go to a different thread. Such an implication is supported, as you have repeatedly stated your desire for moderators to remove those with whom you disagree.

i think where ever you see a high elf on alliance, ingame, you can assume any number of additional high elves exist simultaneously, from 1 to 1000s. however, ion has stated the high elves of the alliance are being absorbed into the cultures where they live (et. al, perhaps its better stated when a high elf is seen, assume any number of additonal half elves exist simultaneously, from 1 to 1000s.)