The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

If this is the logic being used then sure, park the Alliance-allied Thalassians under a dome - separated from everyone - for 10,000 years, mutate them, and then re-introduce them to society.

I know that sounds flippant, but if you’re going to attempt to use them as a rationale for getting High Elves then I think it’s fair to give them the same treatment. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, I see now.

When you say, “settled”, what you meant is that the people you were initially conversing with just walked away because they couldn’t handle the crazy anymore – and now everything is calm, like a seabed.

:100: :laughing: :100: :joy::100: :laughing: :100: :joy::100: :laughing: :100: :joy::100: :laughing: :100: I got you, fam! :100: :laughing: :100: :joy::100: :laughing: :100: :joy::100: :laughing: :100: :joy::100: :laughing: :100:

No the argument was if my point was canon, which it is
since it was put into the Encyclopedia which is still canon.

Therefore, the argument is finished.

I support lore based arguments. And I don’t have a side. I’m Pro High Elf, that’s hardly a side, this is a video game.

not necessary since we have precedence for diluted bloodlines. they could easily be made to be more half elven in appearance. then no other evolution is necessary.

2 Likes

That was the secondary argument, before all of that you asserted that HE’s had domiciled in Theramore and Stormwind – and regardless of whether or not your sources are to be considered as canon (RPG, Encylopedia), I asked why either of those statements would be relevant at all to playable High Elves.

(Hint: They wouldn’t be.)

Dosnt matter its a Kaldorei story according to the logic. ( imho)

Then you stop calling them High Elves, toss out the pure Thalassian aesthetic, make them look as much human as elf, call them Half Elves and come back to this again. The lore should be easy; global model change, comments about half-breeds heard in Stormwind and Dalaran, retcon a story arc where there were so few High Elves left that they were going to die out completely unless they interbred with humans and go from there.

Purely Thalassian aesthetics with a different idle stance, makeup, and hair colors do not a Half Elf make.

2 Likes

Which they did. Hence why there is high elves in both those cities.

Because the argument came from me saying how the Stormwind population of high elves (supposed being the largest from LORE) is virtually not represented well or at all.

Its just Sara decided to make it an argument because I said “Blizzard said” instead of listing it out.

ITS AN ARGUMENT ABOUT A PRO-HELF POINT I MADE, WHICH SOMEONE DECIDED TO ARGUE BECAUSE SEMANTICS.

1 Like

This times a thousand.

3 Likes

There’s a debate, there are sides.
But the fact that you fail to acknowledge that only makes your bias more obvious.
But is not like you’re just cheering up people to bump a thread.

I do not cheer, I inform those that inform me that the information they shared was either interesting, pertinent, or helpful, or I show gratitude for taking the time to type such lore based arguments. I’ve never been a cheerleader but if I was I’d be the highest flying cheerleader and I’d let you know.

That’s an observation of reality, not an argument. It doesn’t matter to me whether you’re pro- or anti-HE, I just would like to understand what you’re trying to assert.

So, again, what is the actual argument? You’ve spent like 90-minutes not refusing to explain your own assertions, when all it would take if 45-seconds and you’d be done.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

I literally just told you. Its an argument started by Sara over a point I made.

Why are you sealioning over this?

2 Likes

All he did was state a pro-helf point, that there are supposedly a lot of High Elves in Stormwind. Not much to argue or debate about, really

2 Likes

theres the beauty part - they think they’re high elves but they’re actually not. elisande reveals they are not, since the royal (high elves) claim to fame is their pure high elven bloodlines, going back to their highborne ancestors.

the quel’dorei of the alliance, after 3000 years of intermingling in human culture, no longer fit the text book definition of a high elf (et. al, they aren’t “royals” in the exacting definition of pure bloodlines). a blood elf is more high elven than an alliance high elf. a void elf is more high elven than an alliance high elf. i mean, following this scenario, anyway. but the alliance half elves could inherit the lore of their parents, who are alliance high elves and alliance humans. two problems immediately solved.

“Whats the argument?”

Gives you exactly the arguement

“Thats a point, not an argument. Whats the argument?”

And people call me dishonest in arguing.

3 Likes

The semantic shenanigans came later, all I was asking about was what you were suggesting by pointing out that there may well be a sizable population of HE’s living in Stormwind? It’s a simple question, really.

1 Like

Jesus Christ

2 Likes

I’m just not sure why you expend such an egregious amount of energy refusing to respond to pointed questions with pointed answers. :man_shrugging:

1 Like