The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Encyclopedia is still canon. You cannot refute that point, thus you are deferring to just “BFA bad”

1 Like

I never said you got a good story. I said you got A story.

Then they should make a thread about it. Where are they?

2 Likes

Cool, so then you agree that Blood Elves no longer consider themselves as High Elves?

1 Like

I didnt say that, focus on the argument. Do you agree with me then?

1 Like

Right, you just pretend anything alliance did was neutral or didn’t happen, or was horde story. And dunno, this came off as pretty much “You got it good!”

1 Like

Certain Horde humans wouldn’t really impede on Alliance identity, although it may be weird to see orcs and humans on the same faction

While I agree that BFA is terrible, I won’t support those on your side that feel entitled to High Elves because it was bad.

A mistake doesn’t solve another mistake.

3 Likes

Also, doesnt this mean that anything before BFA in terms of high elven lore is not exactly up to code either? Putting into question a lot more things about the size of the Silver Covenant and how much land the helves own.

1 Like

we would be against horde humans as much as we are alliance high elves

1 Like

You said that the Warcraft Encylopedia is still canon. A exact line from the Warcraft Encyclopedia on the High Elf page:

“The blood elves no longer consider themselves high elves, and they have different priorities and behaviors than their high elf kindred.”

Which means Blood Elves are not High Elves.

2 Likes
  1. This is quite a vague citation.
  2. Even if it’s considered to be absolute canon that High Elves were at one point living in Stormwind in some substantial number, but no longer reside therein, it doesn’t seem to have any relevance to the issue of whether or not High Elves have been relevant or valuable to the Alliance.

If what you’ve stated above is anything to go off of, you’re not quite as apprised as you’d like to believe yourself – one of your vague citations is completely non-canon, and the other is of dubious canon value (it was unpublished years ago, and overwritten by The Ultimate Visual Guide and the Warcraft Chronicles).

1 Like

The whole idea seems to generate little more than a “meh”

Just means they don’t call themselves that anymore. doesn’t change what they are. Another exact quote from the encyclopedia:

In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves do not gather in any significant numbers, nor do they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture–only a past filled with glory and regret.

to be fair, blood elves don’t consider high elves to be high elves.

to them, the only true high elves are those that fell defending quel’thalas

2 Likes
  • Horde story:
    Crazy warchief starts war.
    Depressed orc veteran gets sad.
    Horde goes off the deep end.
    Depressed orc veteran gets his act together.
    Depressed orc veteran gathers allies.
    Horde people start to notice they are wrong.
    Depressed orc veteran fights crazy Warchief for the soul of the Horde.
    A new generation of Horde leaders rise up to lead the Horde to the good path.

• Alliance story:
    Loses city.
    Fights back. Loses the enemy’s city.
    Seek allies.
    Attacks again. Fails and has to run away after heavy sacrifices for nothing.
    Gets fleet advantage. Loses it just after.
    Helps depressed orc veteran win the soul of the Horde and unite it back.
    Ends up as miserable as it started, but with the leaders bickering at each other.

No, it’s “you got better”. Which you did.

1 Like

And yet, there is so much contradictions going on today to the story of the Warcraft Encyclopedia.

So is most of the things in this thread. Did you call out someone yesterday for saying “In the Shadow of the Sun” as a reference yet not explain what about that story had to do with the point?

No? Then, my point still stands.

There has been no lore which changes this.

Yet, such elements of the RPG were reaffirmed in the canonized Encyclopedia. My point still stands, you have no argument.

Cheers.

Wow, the Calvary has arrived!! :popcorn:

1 Like

Still canon. Sorry

Nah, I don’t like there calvery. There arguments always makes me lose more brain cells from my precious void mind.

1 Like