The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Pray they never shower the Alliance with the love they give the horde.

1 Like

Hey, ask them why did the Alliance get mostly horses? I am not going to mention anything about reskins, because both factions have recieved nothing but reskins.

Like, why did they not give the Alliance a unicorn without that spiral horn above its head or a Pegassus without wings?

You also get completely unique mounts, unlike ours which always have a way for alliance to use them. Even when the base for one of those mounts should have been horde seeing as the animal is only found in Zandalar

Why canā€™t the Tauren be a mount for the Alliance?

BS like this always happens in my campaigns, because apparently every other spellcaster in D&D 5e relies on charisma for their spell modifier

Its horrible.

2 Likes

they even get access to a variant for the horde bfa collectors edition mount :smile:

I donā€™t believe the bias is as bad as some people would speak it to be, but I do believe there is an evident Horde Bias. It shows its head often enough, like what was that Darkshore victory speech, they couldnā€™t make it look cooler then 11 NPCs gathered around Tyrande.

On the flip side, NB need fixing, and I donā€™t know of anyone who wanted the Warchief position abolished, just an end to musical chairs with it lol.

On the other hand, Horde story feels so much more fleshed out, even leveling in Cata zones and just going from there, like nothing will beat for me riding with Sylvanas and feeling like her right hand, Iā€™m trying to think what Alliance got, I think we toured Anduin through Stormwind once??

The ARs subjective as they are I all prefer the Hordes, save for VEā€™s which take my fav AR spot.

But if Blizzard ever wants to make the Alliance the bad guy once, Iā€™ll gladly take that itā€™ll be fun, like returning the same energy back, also they seem to write better stories for the aggressor.

I would like to think Golden being intricately involved in Shadowlands we will see some Alliance bias in story for once, with actual in game coolness not just in lore hollow victories, but I just hope it isnā€™t full of human potential.

Ugh, the entire Horde side of the BfA story is really bad.

And the entire story within BfA is just utterly confusing and makes no sense at all.

See but as a Sylvanas loyalist I liked it until wellā€¦ coughs

But I think I saw someone say that the new book is being written by a cool writer who mains a NE Druid and promised NEs wonā€™t be forgotten (paraphrasing what i read) so I hopefully she will do justice in the book! And have good Alliance story in it

1 Like

I stopped reading there. I liked Sylvanas during Wrath when she was trying to get back at Arthas for what he did to her, but after that, I didnā€™t like the direction it was going with her.

Blizzard being incompetent in storytelling is one thing. Horde bias is another. Thereā€™s no denying that the Horde got the best out of BfA. Sure, itā€™s still a turd, but Horde got the best side of the turd.

More customization options (gold eyes and straight backs), better allied races, more storylines, the narrative focus for the whole war (including a whole series of high-quality cinematics)ā€¦

Even the next novel summary is 3.5 paragraphs about the Horde and 0.5 paragraphs about the Alliance plot in it. Itā€™s very clear which one is favored.

Ion said himself: ā€œThe Horde is waiting for youā€. And that was an answer to an Alliance request.

And about ā€œbee mountā€ā€¦ Iā€™ll just say two words: ā€œconsolation prizeā€. Iā€™d rather have more story focus, better allied races, Alliance cinematics or more attention given to us, really.

9 Likes

The shame is it feels like theyā€™ve been writing Sylv with both good and bad motives (especially with inconvenient bits of novels where we read her thoughts and they donā€™t line up with what she is now) so that they could go either way. I was hoping they might go more with the Sylv fighting the inner demons from her failure at QT stopping Arthas (somewhat hinted at with her flashback bit) and leaning into the more will protect her people, but not in a particularly nice way. Instead we get, nope, sheā€™s just EVIL! EVIIIIIIIL!

Well yeah, while they may have have screwed up the Alliance story and left it in an unsatisfying place with BFA, the WoT basically broke the horde story and they need to do some patch work to try and salvage it.

2 Likes

there is a fanfiction that is unsupported that the dalaran high elves all joined the alliance. we know the civilian population of dalaran was evacuated. but it is quite the leap to assume that every high elf who dwelled in dalaran was a diehard alliance supporter. a few went with jaiana to settle in theramore, but given the fact kael was the leader of the dalaran high elf community the vast majority likely returned to the homeland with him following the scourge invasion AND the destruction of dalaran

and we know this must be true because many of them returned, as blood elves, under aethas sunreaver to dalaran to help rebuild and they were acknowledged as ā€˜the elves who taught humanity magicā€™ by jaina herself. aethas was chosen among the high elf community to represent them on the council of six

high elves had their own district in dalaran. there really isnt evidence to support they mixed with humans to the degree you are imagining

2 Likes

I feel that the motive to write for Sylvanas hasnā€™t been easy though, but the direction it actually went in, it was well out of character of who she was as the Banshee Queen.

2 Likes

Bad storytelling is one thing. Favoring a faction is another.

The entire story of BfA before Nā€™Zoth took over was Horde story. The Alliance was there to serve the Hordeā€™s developments and nothing more. At best, the Alliance got Jainaā€™s story, which was quite good, but thatā€™s it. It was just Jaina all over the place.

Was the story horrible? Oh, yes. But blame Blizzardā€™s writing. It was still focused entirely on the Horde. Again.

9 Likes

Itā€™s amazing how different perspectives can be. Since pretty much it felt like the Horde war campaign story was just there to be villains for the Alliance to defeat (with some nice cutscenes to try and soothe things out) We got defeated at every turn, and what the horde became made no sense.

Basically that while there may have been much story where the Horde was involved, it wasnā€™t story FOR the horde player.

1 Like

1 Like

https://miro.medium.com/max/824/1*8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA.jpeg

1 Like

1 Like