The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Anyways, shall we get back to showing the love and support for playable Alliance High Elves or shall we post more memes?

1 Like

I think I know what I vote, but I’ll have to consult an expert

1 Like

Yeah, I think I might talk to some food too for consulting.

First, gotta catch it. Now, where did I place that map of Thunder Bluff?

Are you sure you’re ready, do you know what we are descended from?

And what wins did the Alliance have? We got totally owned in Teldrassil and our “revenge” was completely disappointing. Our supposed “win” in Lordaeron is just we getting fooled and almost defeated thrice, and we couldn’t keep the city we were supposedly conquering. Then our other “win” in Dazar’alor end with us being hunted down and running away once the Horde arrives, and the entire battle beyond blowing the ships was a blunder. Then the Alliance story is totally forgotten and we have not a single moment for the rest of the expansion.

Heck, we didn’t even have story leading us into the first raid. That one is Horde-only.

And what didn’t the Alliance get? Allied races it actually wanted. Or extra faction-focused cinematics. Or a story arc. Like or not the Horde story, it had an arc, there was development, it ended with a new beginning for the faction. There was no arc for the Alliance. We started losing and ended up not winning. We can’t even say we got a new phase, it just feels like we lost and all our efforts since then were for nothing.

And then a new book is announced and 80% of the summary is about the Horde again.

9 Likes

Well yeah, if you pretend everything sucked then yeah it sucked.

The mission in Dazar’alor was a raid not an invasion, them withdrawing was the plan all along. Trying to turn a raid into an occupation generally ends in complete failure as you get wiped out as you’re outnumbered.

Or you know, pretending steamrolling over every obstacle places in front of you and then forcing the hand of the ruler to scuttle the city is a complete failure.

Oh no, a raid where you didn’t feel you had story leading into it, horde certainly doesn’t know how that feels with whole damn expansions.

In service of being the villains to your heroes.

And as I seem to have to say this over and over. This does not mean the Alliance story was good. It means that Blizz failed both sides. But I’m tired of getting treated like the nonsense we’ve had to deal with is somehow a bias in our favor.

2 Likes

It still was a failure because the whole reason to raid the city was to capture Rastakhan, which we failed to do. If the Alliance had blown up the ships and moved away, it would have been a bigger win.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot the four Anduin cinematics that drove the expansion’s story. Or the big funeral for the big Alliance hero that sacrificed himself to save his faction from utter destruction.

5 Likes

Like how the only reason that hero actually acted was due to the great alliance savior motivating him to do the right thing?

Oh, yeah, let’s pretend the protagonist of BfA was Anduin.

3 Likes

I mean you keep pretending it was the horde

1 Like

25-minute Alliance cinematic that covered the expansion’s arc, according to Tarrok.

a case can be made for that actually

Tell me how you’d feel if say, Malfurion got captured in the next faction war expansion and was feeling guilty for what the alliance did. Alliance tries to break him out but he just tells them to go away because the Alliance sucks after what let’s say Genn did. But then, Gazlowe goes to talk to him, and manages to convince him that Malf needs to go set things straight, and that just perks him up.

Things go along, and eventually we have a siege in Stormwind where Genn is holding court. Malf prepares to face down his former ally and Gazlowe walks the last distance to help psych him up, even gives him a goblin weapon to wield in the battle. Genn pulls some evil new magics out of his butt and wipes the floor with Malf, other than a minor wound he lands with Gazlowe’s weapon, then he dies.

When it comes to the funeral, Gazlowe walks into Stormwind and completely performs the ceremony in front of all the gathered alliance people who are there to listen to him speak.

1 Like

saurfang dies yelling ‘for azeroth’ thats horde bias

2 Likes

If you like or not the story is not the point. It would still be an Alliance-focused story. It’s an arc for the Alliance that changes its leadership, making it better in the end while cleansing it of some of its sins.

I don’t reply to you because it’s utterly pointless, but this is not for you, but to others to see:

The entire arc and the final mak’gora are about the Horde’s soul. “The Horde will survive, the Horde is strong” vs. “The Horde is nothing.”

Saurfang yelling “for Azeroth” does not change that.

For them to be lost, we’d need to have a story about the Alliance first. Horde loses heroes because it gets more story.

4 Likes

what heroes did alliance lose in BFA?

1 Like

God I’m so glad I have Alliance players here to tell me how awesome the Horde story is.

3 Likes

yup yup yup
sigh

1 Like