The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

“Pinkie, I have realised that if I ignore enough of these reasons I can pretend they don’t exist or aren’t valid!”
“Errrrrr good idea Brain!”

I can do that too. Look:
You just want elves cause they’re pretty and are just making up excuse because you wan da pwedy ewves wob wob wob.

1 Like

There are legitimate arguments against High Elves, but this is no longer one of them. If you truly believe this argument than you’re looking to hold High Elves to a higher standard than other playable races

Remember, time traveling alternate dimension orcs.

All the anti side needs to argue is that High Elves in their “purest” form are Blood Elves, and adding them essentially makes them a neutral race. Blizz has been pretty consistent in not wanting to blur faction lines, which High Elves would’ve done

I think we can all agree that it was incredibly dumb on Blizz’s part to not turn the SC into Void Elves from the beginning

4 Likes

It is the only thing Fyre can say. She uses numbers and population as an argument without having anything to prove.

4 Likes

I just find the relevance and population arguments to be intellectually dishonest when brought up with other allied races. They’ve been proven to be moot

5 Likes

I just don’t find arguements involving numbers or populations an argument anymore. Void Elves is the actual reason to why.

2 Likes

Playable classes have to be considered, too. How many demon hunters and death knights do we honestly think exist?

3 Likes

To be honest, I am not really sure. But at the Black Temple, you can’t really say the group is small that are training to be Demon Hunters.

But the thing is, can’t really argue with numbers since In-game numbers are not canon numbers.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that most of what was in the black temple was slain

1 Like

given what we have seen I would say there are less than 100 demon hunters still part of the illidari. Those that have not died or became felsworn.

1 Like

Is it though? Void elves are made up 100% of fighters. Every single one could make for a playable character. High elves have blacksmiths, builders, farmers and locksmiths etc. etc.

It’s definitely still an open question mark.

Weren’t Umbric and his people magisters and scholars? Either way, it hasn’t stopped them from becoming either Riftblades or pet battle trainers

The SC is a militant faction. It’s all they’d need

7 Likes

Magisters are mages.

There haven’t been too many magical scholars in game who aren’t capable of setting people aflame with their brains.

Fair enough lol

If playable High Elves with unique models got added to the game, do you think it would be a good idea to add void elf skins to them instead?

After doing the recruitment scenario, it felt it would be absurd to give the void elves their own unique models since we’ve witnessed first-hand how they changed from being blood elves

So we have two versions of would-be models. The former high elf wayfarers who have a new model, and the silvermoon scholars who still use the blood elf model (if void elf procreation so happens)

I wish the mages could shapeshift into a crow though

1 Like

Rude.
How about stop making personal attacks?

1 Like

Starting a new Blood Elf Warlock and remembering how much I love (even though the quests are a BC style all over the place as opposed to the Cata turn in cycle I prefer) but how much I love running around Eversong and Ghostlands! :blue_heart:

Still supporting HEs and I think one day when they add them in as a playable race I’ll enjoy walking around Eversong and Ghostlands like an outsider looking in just wouldn’t be able to the quests lol :blue_heart:

1 Like

They’re different now, Leinadh. How can they be said to share the Blood Elf mindset when they have willingly joined the Alliance? If we’re accepting that the differentiation between Blood Elf and High Elf is political/philosophical then we must also accept that politically the Void Elves should likewise be considered different.

While they share historical cultural identity with the Blood Elves, it’s also fair to say that that distinction can be seen as a function of time; because all Thalassian groups share the same cultural heritage and the schism between Blood and High Elves is less than two decades old.

NANI!?

insert edgy jo jo meme

It kinda depends idk if they do it correctly I could see how it made sense but I’d prefer not
to have the HEs tacked on to VEs. Only because I like VEs for completely different reasons I like HEs and I think the story would be diluted for both ends, specifically I’d be scared they’d be less how they are now and more along how people see the HEs.

Specifically I guess people always talk about HEs morality, and history and virtues. And Void Elves seem more pragmatic and willing to do underhanded tactics to get things done and I wouldn’t want that to be all that thrown to the side, like I wouldn’t the HEs to hijack the narrative, I want the HE narrative to stand on its own as it should with VEs and HEs occasionally playing off each other for story spotlight is fine with me.

But if they did do it too I wouldn’t overly complain either so idk this is one area I’m unsure of my answer, like if this was a test I’d skip it and go back to it lol.