The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

So, next novel seems to be entirely Horde-focused?

At this point, the Alliance is just an afterthought.

10 Likes

Oh thank god itā€™s not Golden.

2 Likes

oh, i cant wait for this lore deep dive. i hope sylvanas doesnt kill vereesa if she gets in her way

Morning everyone. Whoā€™s being good and whoā€™s being really good?

3 Likes

1 Like

You sound surprised?

Nawh. The whole idea is just really bad and wrong. There is never going to suddenly be this massive population of half elves. There is no way of explaining it from a lore perspective. This is just the deadest horse on the forums.

edit: The only way for half elves to exist in WoW, is if we start out as newborns and have to be leveled up by a ā€œparentā€ player or npc, then it will make sense to have a random new population. Hybrid populations donā€™t work when new characters start out as fully grown adults. There are limits to how disrespectful you can be to the rpg experience in an mmorpg. This is far beyond the limit. Itā€™s not happening.

1 Like

The Horde went to an alternate universe to recruit some orcs. Half Elves arenā€™t that asinine. Should they be considered, Blizz needs to imply that the few scattered Half Elves gather for some common purpose. We know that they exist, and itā€™s never stated that the windrunner kids are the only ones

4 Likes

Well I was interested in your take on it, but you clearly and agressivley donā€™t want to talk. Thatā€™s fine.

I can agree to disagree about it.

I do remember you saying once that you were against the idea [of alliance high elves] but you also didnā€™t think people should be at each otherā€™s throats about it.

As much ugliness and dismissal as you think I deserve, maybe you should take your own advice.

1 Like

ā€œI barged in here and accused you and anyone who agreed with you as being cruel trolls as thereā€™s no other explanation I accept for why you donā€™t agree with me! How dare you react negatively!ā€

5 Likes

Those are your words not mine. If you think Iā€™m wrong then say why. Running is circles shouting ā€œOh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! Iā€™m being repressed!ā€ isnā€™t telling anyone anything.

I donā€™t think you stand to lose anything if some alliance person gets to play a High Elf.

You have some secret differing view that you canā€™t seem to get to without veering off into ad hominem and projection.

This is what happens to these discussions.

If you think Iā€™m wrong say why. Use THOSE words. I know you can do it.

Why bother? You didnā€™t come here to participate. You laid a steaming post of nonsense that just dismissed anyone not you and expect to be treated as if you said something of any worth and not just trolling the thread.

2 Likes

Totally agree, well said.

2 Likes

Are we surprised?

1 Like

ā€¦ okay. If you donā€™t want to contribute, thatā€™s fine. Please, stop responding to me and taking up post architecture while other people are trying to have discussions.

3 Likes

We have one little smidgen of a chapter. >.> Kinda early to say the Alliance is just an afterthought.

2 Likes

Those look amazing!

2 Likes

Is it heretical to imagine a loosening of the faction divides allowing Blood Elves to be played wherever one wishes?

Is that breaking ape law?

1 Like

Breaking Ape Law is not throwing your poop.

1 Like

Thatā€¦ raises more questions than answers.

I cede its a foolish notion to picture porous faction walls. But it would be a heck of a solution.