The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

High Elves have actually also opened portals in BFA.

But they’re also a big part of Alliance endgame story lines for the past 15 years but who’s counting? Not Hordies. :man_shrugging:

You can tell faster by looking at the color of their nameplate

2 Likes

I have the nameplates turned off, so I will look at their ears. I actually mistake the Human males with the Anime hair more for Blood Elves, then I do Void Elves.

1 Like

I hope you don’t pvp like that :grimacing:

1 Like

The way i look at is this way if All the devs really wanted High Elves only horde, then you wouldn’t see them popping up in the Alliance somewhere, either in Alliance Military, or some other role.

3 Likes

I don’t pvp at all. I think the whole faction war is contrived, and stupid. It only exists in my opinion to keep the Players bickering like a bunch of elderly women at a Bingo Tournament.

2 Likes

Apparently the folks at Blizz used to have to ask for permission to place High Elf NPCs due to how rare they’re supposed to be

Still the same silhouette. You can’t tell the difference between the two easily without nameplates.

Most Void Elves play the Light Blue Skin. It’s the one that goes the best with most Mogs.

But the fact that there is a nearly identical skin on a Blood Elf DK means they do get mistaken.

I once blue a CD trying to save one in WPVP because a priest I was helping was targeting him. Turns out he wasn’t healing him with penance.

Now that there are Void Elf DKs you get two Blue Elves with identical Eyes.

Except that’s not what we are talking about. Blood Elves in Blue Light look very similar.

That it’s pretty dang easy to mistake one Blue/Purple Elf for another when they look almost exactly the same.

1 Like

I dont think the door is closed, not with them poping up in BFA,

Obviously don’t have this mindset anymore, as they’ve thrown out Void Elves like sprinkles during World Quests and there’s supposedly even less of them than there are High Elves.

1 Like

And so does everything in really dark room. If you’re going to say “oh well if you add enough visual disruption to a situation they look the same”, it’s the same thing.

Yeah I was thinking about this earlier too about how the inclusion of the Silver Cov in wrath right after BC would have been one big tease for a HE playable race on Alliance, and they’ve only kept including them going forward :face_with_monocle: 
 which to me ties in with the fact that VEs are former BEs so if they wanted to tie off the HE story they could have but didn’t so which is why I see VEs as their own thing that shouldn’t be linked to discount future HEs.

Is that what the SC have been up to in BfA?!

3 Likes

I was also looking at the number of high elves that showed up is Stormwind and the Rift compared to SC participation in BFA seemed they wanted to show The Civilian population was being drawn towards Alleria.

1 Like

Thanks, I just choked on my drink

3 Likes

Sorry, I just had to lol

2 Likes

We are talking about scenarios where they can be mistaken. Which is what you asked for.

Times you can’t see anything aren’t part of the subject.

Otherwise you are just confirming yet another time they can be mistaken for each other.

2 Likes

Yeah, like in a pitch black room.

It’s not hard to say “well in this situation where you can’t see perfectly they look similar”.

I can keep coming up with more if you like.

Not hard to have a scenario where the Civilian population Of High Elves Join Alleria and the Military Wing led by Veressa joins them. Bringing the two groups together.

2 Likes

Reminder I am actually all for the Alliance getting High Elves. I think if they wanted to go in a completely different direction then the overdone LOTR fantasy, they should have done so in Burning Crusade. They didn’t, they stuck the majority of the Elves with the Horde. Yet they still needed to keep the Human, Dwarf, and High Elf fantasy alive on the Alliance. I for one don’t blame Alliance Players for wanting to play them.

11 Likes