The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Wait, what am I missing? What got changed? They just look like blood elves with bigger guns to me.

I’m just talking silhouettes. One could say the same thing in relation to the Night Elf silhouette, just a buffer elf that stands differently

2 Likes

Gonna be honest man, I didn’t read the text I just thought it was a regular blood elf with more defined abs.

It’s not really a noticeable change.

3 Likes

I’d argue it’s more noticeable than painting Blood Elves purple, but I digress

9 Likes

I mean I would say that is an unbelievably false statement. But you do you fam.

Yes Void Elves seem entirely different niche to me. They are making me like the Alliance more and more everyday. I have to say I’m partial to Horde cities and stories but as someone who has such an abundance of love for the Horde being a former Blood Elf I like, I can RP as a Sylvanas loyalist and it makes sense, I like being a former Blood Elf, I like being kind of what made the Blood Elves interesting to begin with / what makes the forsaken outcasts only as a young hot person I can play a young hot VE on Alliance so in that sense it’s fun.

They play on a Yennefer of Vengeburg power hungry theme I like too, in it for the power, in it to win it. And for that reason I don’t see how their any relation to HE inclusion I don’t see them as a compromise at all but a separate thing Blizzard added and I will continue to believe Blizzard will see the love people have to share for HEs and finally give the much desired Elf to Alliance because to me VEs fill a niche that applies to me but not everyone.

1 Like

Sure, a completely different silhouette is completely unacceptable for High Elves, but carbon copying your Blood Elves and painting them blue is A-OK.

And there’s no reason to have to make them different, but the anti movement wouldn’t be as prevalent if they didn’t care about their silhouettes, so we’ve offered multiple methods to differentiate.

High Elves don’t have a singular home, one could argue they’re somewhat nomadic, making them have to be more physical than Blood Elves who’s characters start out in their capital city.

That’s how Talendrion’s mock ups could fit, easy.

5 Likes

The reason I rag on Void Elves so much is because almost all of the fair critiques of High Elves can be fairly allied to Void Elves

“I just thought is was a regular Blood Elf with purple skin”

It goes both ways. I won’t drag this out because most people against High Elves wish Void Elves weren’t a thing either, we just all accept that they’re here to stay now

7 Likes

I just think it’s more noticeable, I don’t see how that’s even close to being a contentious opinion. If I hadn’t read the bit on the side I wouldn’t have noticed, maybe you guys noticed right away or quite quickly. But literally anyone looks at a void elf, they can see it’s different immediately.

Where are these regular blood elves with purple skin that you might confuse them with?

I fly over SW constantly thinking we’re being invaded when i see Void elves in full armor, they literally look exactly like Blood Elves.

Difference is i have a UI that tells me they’re friendly, i’m starting to think Hordies don’t and that’s why silhouettes are a big deal for them.

1 Like

Blood Elf shadow priests, maybe. It’s hard to deny that an entirely different body type along with all new animations would be harder to identify than the literal copy/paste that Void Elves are. Being idle, attacking, jumping, swimming, casting, all of the animations are Blood Elf animations. Changing these would’ve helped set them apart

I suppose it makes sense that they’re the same though, Void Elves were literally Blood Elf magisters up until five minutes ago

Edit: Also I loathe to bring up the tired old arguement, but armored Void/Blood Elves. Hide the skin and you hide what makes them immediately different

6 Likes

Yeah I bet you don’t notice the difference between a human and void elf either until you stop and look. Covering literally every part of a character is by definition going to make them less identifiable by race.

Yeah, it totally is. You need to stop and observe something to notice those sorts of changes. A blood elf is immediately different to a void elf.

You know, because blood elves aren’t blue.

That explains their lack of a back story, They’ve only existed for 5 minutes
 Still they’ve accomplished a bit during those five minutes.

Their story is pretty much a retelling of TBC era of Blood Elves. Using questionable methods to subvert magical powers in order to protect your kingdom and people is about as Blood Elf as it can get. Only it’s on the Alliance this time around

1 Like

Shadow Priest and Death Knights on top of any class with a Void Effect. (Pretty common this patch)

Some DKs are almost a one for one copy in the face.

It’s also pretty dang easy to mistake a Void Elf for a Blood Elf. RIP any who get that unfriendly to all corruption effect.

In any zone with Blue Light you can’t tell what color their ears are so full armor is exactly the same thing.

I never had that problem, I can always tell by looking at their ears.

Quite the opposite actually, it defines a silhouette, and for 11 years, Blood Elves have had their distinct silhouette shared with High Elves, but players are also distinct, so when I see a player silhouette of a Void Elf, i automatically think Blood Elf, as one who has played this game that long should.

Dunno how long you’ve been playing but I’ve never had to “stop and observe” to not immediately know what race someone is.

Blood Elves aren’t blue, you’re right, but that also doesn’t matter when 95% of people wear transmogs that covers every inch of their bodies, making our Void Elves essentially just Blood Elves in looks, they have every single animation they do.

You can’t argue a different model wouldn’t easily differentiate that silhouette from Blood Elves, if it were given to High Elves, you cant be that disingenuous.

Please do tell, far as i know, all they’ve done is be part of the War Campaign as portal openers and some World quests.

Which is more than the High Elves have done this campaign. Still to help with an entire war campaign in 5 minutes is impressive.

1 Like

Shadow priests glow, there’s one belf DK skin with a blue tone and that’s not so common that seeing a dark purple blood elf would make me go “oh yeah, that’s just a regular DK.”

Yeah and in a dark enough room a gnome looks identical to a tauren.

What is your point?

1 Like

It some zones there is a lot of Blue Light. Particularly if you play at night like me.

Drustvar and Dread Waste it’s all just blue tinted.