The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Right, so lets look at Void Elves for a minute shall we? Stated by Ion as a “crack elite-squad”. Now, if I recall correctly, a squad means a small group of people. Yeah, numbers doesn’t prove anything to why something can’t become playable.

Every race in the game, even High Elves on Alliance have significance and a future.

Is that what you’re afraid off? People in this thread has clearly said they’re not so interested within the models. And I am up all for Blood Elves to also have Blue Eyes.

See, I do main a Blood Elf, and the thing I am sick of seeing is all the faction BIAS when it comes to the races. Stories are at the moment getting worse between each race, the Horde is now more like a Council, and pretty soon, we’ll be saying, “May the Horde be with you.”, there is a lot of problems. But the fact is, there is still High Elves NPC’s that keep getting added into the game almost every expansion, and, if people are not allowed to play them, why bother adding them?

5 Likes

7 Likes

Two odd half elves. I don’t know if that counts because it’s such a special case and they aren’t high elves anymore. I think it’s like further proof of what I am saying in that there is no future for silver covenant being pure-bred. Unless they want to be inbred in a few generations or less, half elves are the future for the silver covenant’s offspring.

I just don’t feel there is faction bias regarding race. Alliance have it really good, you even have blood elf models in the form of void elves. Why do you think you should get blood elves on top of that? Feelings don’t count as an argument and I believe I have refuted the whole silver covenant and weird lodge well enough.

People ARE allowed to play high elves. We do it on the horde. We are called sin’dorei now. You keep dismissing that we are one in the same, but meh. Too many silver covenant meetings I guess.

1 Like

Difference is what its always been. Yes. Yes. Alliance Favoritism and Horde Favoritism are not real. Mechagnomes are the only objectively “good” Alliance AR as far as the meta and maybe Kul’Tirans, and Vulpera are liked by a lot of people. Not all are “furrys”. Sound a little repressed there.

Ya maybe it is a little repressed I don’t know, I don’t want to mess around with that juju so I’ll never know. Maybe furries have it right and I am missing out, but that’s okay.

1 Like

Wouldn’t them being not pure bred be a good thing then? They wouldn’t be High Elves anymore. Therefore no one is stealing anyones race.

Did we ask for that? We wanted High Elves. We got Blood Elf Scholars from Silvermoon. Doesn’t make sense that they spent forever with the Horde just to say well lets be Alliance again now. Sounds like they’re school children.

Yes the High Elves called Blood Elves.

I don’t believe I dismissed that at all.

I’m a Blood Elf who is now a Void Elf. The SC never invited me to their meetings.

5 Likes

Come join the Void Side

We have cookies.

1 Like

If you want to have half-elves then that’s fine. As long as they are definitively human in physique and not elfish. I think horde should get man’ari eredar too. Take a blue race and paint it red, lok’tar ogar! Then we’re even for void elves.

1 Like

I don’t though. I want the High Elves that have been with the Alliance since vanilla and before.

I honestly have no problem with this. I might have a problem with the Man’ari joining the Alliance. Bound to be many of them looking for new jobs.

1 Like

Never! ever! ever! For the glory of Quel’Thalas!

1 Like

I think the only future for those elves is as half elves though. Or else it’s gonna be an inbred thing in two expansions and you’ll have debuffs for racials.

1 Like

Void Elves came along with Nightborne. Nightborne as others have pointed out probably could have done better on Alliance seeing as there is a pre existing fanbase for Night Elves on Alliance if I recall the argument correctly. Nightborne were exchanged for Void Elves (the former Blood Elves) what we are asking for is High Elves, ie: always been Alliance High Elves never called themselves Blood Elves

I do like the idea of playable Man’ari Eredar for the Horde, and Broken for the Alliance. I see Sen’layn (or Moknathol) being the tit for tat to High Elf.

1 Like

While the Silver Covenant might be the largest and most militant of the High Elves, there are a few other population centers. We’ll take them all. Including the Half Elves.

We do have cookies.

2 Likes

Void-chipped cookies!

1 Like

BTW, Ercarp’s drawings are awesome.

18 Likes

Sylvanas’ Warbringers short showed grey and hazel. Supposedly, the range of their iris colors is similar to that of humans, so any restrictions would be for reasons other than lore accuracy (e.g., the NPCs only have blue because of time/budget constraints on texture artists).

3 Likes

Half Elves would have to be somewhat elfish. The RPG describes them as looking like either thinner humans or bulkier Elves, but while being instantly recognizable as Half Elves. I imagine they’d look like thin humans with different body proportions, animations and pointed ears (about half the size of Blood Elf ears)

6 Likes

That’s - unsarcastically - significant progress. It’s fine that you don’t think it was a good enough compromise, it was just getting tedious reading that it wasn’t one.

Fair dues.

Maybe I can help.

something High Elf aficionados wanted

while not copying over a Horde race, so something they did not want.

That’s a textbook example of a compromise. Now it’s up to everyone to decide whether or not they like the compromise, but it was indeed a compromise.

4 Likes

Murg, where is my favourite GIF Elf?