The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

What you say doesn’t matter because you didn’t write the lore. That is the difference. You can’t compare your fantasy to what Blizzard can write.

That isn’t what head canon means. Let alone that if Blizzard wants to, they can write a story out to explain recruitement. Instead of saying, writing nonsense to justify a model just because people are unhappy high elves weren’t turned into void elves.

I don’t understand this notion of “well they didn’t write it from the beginning so they can’t write it now” view. It just makes the request for high elves look shallow.

Possibly, but we don’t know where the story is going and what the concerns the writers have are. So it seems a bit over-confident to try and declare that the ONLY reason they aren’t playable is gameplay concerns, and that there is no way it could possibly involve the lore as well.

YES! We want the diversity options :heart_eyes: :hugs:

3 Likes

TBF I just want for something to be done with the alliance high elves, I’m open to the possibilities!

ofc they dont. this debate is really, really niche. the thousands of posts on this topic through multiple threads here on the forums are generated by the same group of people. this gives the illusion that this is a widespread issue, rather than an extremely localized topic. it really is a perfect analogy to the minuscule SC isnt it

1 Like

We know where the story is going.

Nowhere.

3 Likes

Tell that to the posts on reddit that always reach over 5k+ upvotes :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Which
 would be exactly what “saying your Void Elf was an alliance High Elf” means.

No, the point is that they have yet to write it in.

Personally I have stated, multiple times, that I hope they write in that Void Elves start to recruit from High Elves and have found a way to convert more -and explain WHY would someone willingly go through it heh-

They just haven’t done it

2 Likes

Why do they hate the Horde so much as to fight against their own people?

Because Trolls and Orcs?

OOF no for me, I love VE’s being former BE’s it adds to why I like them, I would def make a HE, but I wouldn’t turn any VE’s into HE if available, and really it seems like if Blizzard wanted to do the HE problem away they would have turned them into VE’s, so it seems like they’re kept on hold for some reason! I hope that reason isn’t to merge what makes VE’s cool (imo) with HE lore just because the two are so unique and different, I’d like to see VE’s have their own path, and stories.

Also piggy backing on that if they were both unique entities, we could see them working together akin to NB and BE’s on projects like Xibala with witty banter / quests and I’d really enjoy that!

I feel its just a matter of time, High elves are slowly gathering back into Alliance game wise.

1 Like

itoldyouso seems to think we dont want african and asian elves too. hehe. he thinks we only want one option and that is pale. he probably plays a pale elf himself. what color is broflake? of course, the fact high elves are typically caucasian is used only against, helfers, by belfs. haha. it’s glorious projection.

1 Like

In your opinion, unlike us, Horde hasn’t had a carrot on a stick for the vast majority of their gameplay, you don’t get to tell us what we can ask for when we already have had it in front of us longer than even you have.

Same reason Vereesa wan’ts to bring Silvermoon back into the the Alliance, far as we know she still hates the Horde and the Sunreavers for helping Garrosh in killing her husband.

Same reason Sylvanas blew up Teldrasil, a dumb war crime can spark an entire expansion if you needed it to.

How would a Silvermoon Warfront mean we get High Elves, Tarrok asked for a story connection example it was given to him.

I agree with you, we shouldn’t need any story connection to add High Elves, they’ve already had it.

Like these.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329725237438578688/497559136259801088/HighElfMockup.jpg

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/433270544218062849/501913151353257994/raphah_edit.jpg

https://66.media.tumblr.com/384af1931b0d72433d58e4013c5ac47a/tumblr_pi08h6VWIb1smv67eo2_1280.png

The idea that we only want pale elves is ridiculous.

Void Elves are already pale!

10 Likes

Probably the same reasons they join the Alliance Military.

3 Likes

this is already reflected in game and the implication confirmed by steve danuser :woman_shrugging:

So 5k upvotes on a platform that’s really easy to have multiple accounts is supposed to be a counter to the idea that in a game with millions of subscribers this is a niche issue?

That 3rd one always make me swoon :heart_eyes:

So I guess every highly upvoted post on reddit must be manipulated in some shape or form if this is how you see it. Posts don’t usually don’t get that highly voted unless it’s a popular opinion.

1 Like

Yes he seems to think a great many things. But as long as people speak for themselves no one can speak over them / for them! So we are here and we want OPTIONS! :blue_heart: I would love to make my HE Asian descent like myself!!

1 Like

11 Likes