The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

But then what’s the point of the discussion then? I do agree that some issues are subjective, like the faction identity issue, but other like “does the lore allow it” is something that we actually can try to elucidate from the lore as presented and I do believe has a more or less correct answer.

For example, the population argument, and how they are “a rare sight in the alliance” that comes from the Encyclopedia and has gotten constantly discredited in game with High Elves appearing in every expansion, and having their own faction that keeps showing up -not counting the Allerian and Highvale, two groups that even by their own should be larger than the group of Scholars VE’s are-

8 Likes

I will say that I would race change 4 characters to High Elf if I had the chance lol.

In fairness, they already are high elves in my heart -and their TRP tooltips-

5 Likes

I love love love my Void Elves, but they are the furthest thing from what people would love HE’s / HE Lore for! Two completely different Elves w/ completely different niche markets of people interested

1 Like

I can’t wait for them to join the horde! :slight_smile:

But that’s really just one facet of lore reasons. And yeah, not arguing that there aren’t alliance allied high elves (and non-allied high elves as well) But that’s not the whole breadth of lore issues that influence playable characters. There’s issues of how a playable race made up of a splinter group of a race on another faction will play with the story of the race already in game. What the role of the splinter faction is: group meant to stand on its own and be its own thing or group to provide both push back to the main race and a pathway for the other faction to interact with bits of the main race’s storyline when needed. And I’m sure they’ve got plenty of others along side the gameplay problems as well.

Which completely misses the group of high elves that we actually wanted -regardless if they are blue or not-

Never left the alliance, never joined the horde. In the most simple terms

10 Likes

Already see it with Void Elves most egregiously. They literally do nothing related to Blood Elves.

I do not feel this is an either or scenario, so the answer would be “when needed.”

But certainly, if the whole point is to make this splinter group develop their own identity, then surely the most agreeable path would be to take a leaf from the RPG and make the High Elves motivation to fund a new home away from their past.

High Elves could develop as a playable race for the next 10 years worth of expansions as a people trying to settle down and look to the future before even an inkling of “maybe we should try to retake Quel’thalas” is even a thing, if it ever is.

5 Likes

I don’t care for lore so you dont need to justify it to me in that aspect. I am
not sure how it would be perceived if we had another faction cross.
I am
apprehensive about such a thing but I am not entirely against it.

Which was part of what makes them a compromise. By using Blood Elves they bypass any of the potential ways adding in the splinter faction of high elves might have.

but that doesn’t matter because you can have those high elves join the void elves and get what you want lore wise

That is not appropriate dude. Mental health is a real issue for some, including those who want high elves. Making light of what they go through is reprehensible, even for you.

1 Like

I do certainly believe we can achieve more customization freedom by allowing a bit more of cross faction flavor, while still maintaining a level of exclusivity to each faction. I do think that would work on everyone’s best interest rather than just making every race downright neutral.

But it’s also weird that Alleria basically sets up her path as “I will make Silvermoon return to the Alliance” and it’s left at that.

My point, is that ideally we would see VE and HE’s have more development, and that it really doesn’t have to be linked at all to their relation to the Blood Elves. Even if someday it could go there, it doesn’t have to.

3 Likes

your argument has regressed completely to ‘i want it!’ and sticking your fingers in your ears. alliance high elves are individuals there is nothing more behind them

thats the whole point of void elves that you seem to be missing. the point is not to reach an acceptable compromise with high elf fanatics. getting the model was the compromise. void elves can be developed in a way that cant reflect back onto the blood elves and are their own unique flavor of high elf. theres only 4 canon alliance high elves in SW and Boralus

please dont resort to personal attacks

1 Like

Why would they have to? I feel like you’re afraid they’re required to use High Elves to advance the story when in reality it could literally be like what happened with Void Elves, they were introduced, they did nothing, as boring as that is, no harm done.

High Elves already have a past history with the Alliance, they aren’t required to do anything to advance on that, much more than any other AR has had to.

If they had to do something with them, they could easily write a High Elf vs Blood Elf story line, hell it could even turn into the scrapped Silvermoon Warfront.

Which is what they should of done to begin with to end this entire argument.

Yet they didn’t and then continued to add specifically High Elf npcs within range of Alliance players.

3 Likes

Personally I like BE’s and I like VE’s being former BE’s, I would rather see HE’s be HE’s as playable on Alliance

3 Likes

Well I can also say this elf is actually a blue dragon but that is not the background fantasy of the race.

Specially when we have no clue if VE’s can even make more of themselves. We can’t solve what is entirely a lore issue by
 headcanoning a solution.

3 Likes

as far as i am aware they only added 4 alliance high elves in BFA. that is perfectly fine to reflect the lore that a few individuals remained loyal and serve as nothing but a nod to the past

So what? Its their game they can add whatver they want. You don’t get to tell the story, they do. If you want them to change it, you ask, but demanding they add a whole new allied race for a tiny niche is simply foolish.

Why would the high elves attack their own people? Vareesa literally stated she understood the things the blood elves go through, so she would lead an attack on her own people for what reason?
Lore doesn’t matter as long as you get pale elves though.

you mean they dont have human skin color options? its odd that you keep suggesting its only about one shade of human skin.

3 Likes

As if they don’t want to, or care to, address the High Elf issue from an in game perspective.