The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

I like counter corners.

It’s certainly possible.

I’d like to think that Blizzard is quite capable of creating a sensible explanation for why many/most of the High Elves might be physiologically altered, even just slightly, to be further differentiated from Blood Elves.

This would allow for the Blood Elves to finally get the blue-eyed Thalassian they’ve been envious of for the last 15 years; simultaneously, it allows for the storyline(s) of the High Elves to continue adding value to the Alliance, as they have for over a decade.

I’m absolutely enamored by the image Alamara posted yesterday, and I have been since we first saw it datamined from Hearthstone. It wouldn’t be difficult at all for me to imagine High Elves as being a variety of Thalassian noted for their positively shimmery colors (i.e. their skin and hair colors overlain with glistening blue-, purple-, or pink-based Arcane energy – their eyes being a choice from that same spectrum).

7 Likes

City dwelling vs nomadic is an easy way to create distinction.

It’s literally what Night Elves vs Nightborne are when you think about it, skinny/malnourished mana-dependent mage types vs tree-dwelling toned ranger/warrior types.

3 Likes

That’s how I view VEs tbh, as researchers. All of Telogorus Rift reminds me a scene from the Witcher where Yen goes to visit her guy wizard friend and he’s excavating with Niilfgard. I’m actually very interested to see where VEs go being this elite research group.

And can see the same as what you’re saying how the lifestyle can be a marker to differentiate the Elves

No
no it isn’t.
Nightborne are literally altered by the nightwell and Night elves are not.
There is literally no difference in terms of blood elves and high elves. Are you really trying to argue that blood elves, whose main force was the far strider for generations, don’t work out?
While having rangers and warriors etc etc?

3 Likes

I agree it’s more the difference between the night elves and the Shen’dralar, only those are on the same side now.

Nightborne are changed by the nightwell
 It’s a thing with elves
 Wells change elves a lot.

2 Likes

Let’s find a well for the quel’dorei.

We can power it with a certain staff imbued with titanic lightning
 :wink:

12 Likes

Let’s fill it with Azerite. Azerite Elves :joy:

Nah, Azerite is the blood of Azeroth. Blood elves are the other guys. :laughing:

2 Likes

Wasn’t the OG Well of Eternity an upwelling of energy from deep inside Azeroth?

1 Like

Haha! We could always sabotage the Sunwell and fill it with Fel
 Felblood Elves

Jk :joy:

Quel’dorei could most certainly power their well with the Elements.

Yup. Azerite is technically the same thing, but the almighty omniscient Devs seem to have forgotten.

I wonder if the red Felblood Elves we last saw in BC might be a cosmetic option for Blood Elves in Shadowlands.

1 Like

Good morning everyone. Here to throw in that love

3 Likes

Sorry are you arguing for valid yet theoretical reasons that could differentiate High Elves from Blood elves?

No ones arguing that nightwell changed the Nightborne, you also can’t say they haven’t been majority city-dwellers as opposed to their night elf cousins who are blatantly more toned and muscular than they are. It’s what happens when you rely less on magic.

Same could easily apply to Blood Elves who spent an entire expansion trying to relight their magic pipe of a well, and High Elves, who have not had a permanent home and magic battery to fuel their lives.

It’s called world building sweetheart, it’s how people create stories.

2 Likes

That is all there doing.

Honestly, there is ways for High Elves to look a little different from the Blood Elves, and it doesn’t take magic or thousands of years of evolution either.

8 Likes

Nope. Your argument is not valid and the theory is garbage.

Farstriders use no magic dude. So, again, your theory is nonsensical and is just bull to try and justify high elves. Per usual.

Listen honey, that isn’t how you create stories, that’s just you saying this is how I can get my high elves. You’re trying too hard to be patronizing and you just come off as creepy.

2 Likes

Some did rejoin after BC so I can see it happening easy.

They use a little nature magic and I think arcane canonically.

1 Like

I don’t believe they do. Or at least, most don’t. It is why the loss of the sunwell didn’t bother lor’themar like it hurt liadrin.

Oh, Kizzan is going to post something silly again. Get ready

1 Like