The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

thats what i thought it was but once i listened to it, i thought, well this one ain’t so bad. but i love the one you linked! that’s pure wordsmithing fun

:football:

Or is it one of his many copies?

Why do I keep seeing the “unique model” argument flitting about, “Distinct silhouette” went out the door with Pandas, “But
 Population” vaporized when a handful of void elves became mass grindable player assets.

Lore changes every five minutes when some writer attacks it with a shoehorn.

Every argument against alliance High Elves has dried up into ugly husks, most of them shot down by the very purveyors of the argument itself.

While I don’t want to discomfit those who adore the void elf, it wasn’t asked for. And it feels a bit like something incorrect shoved into our hands so we would stop asking for things as paying customers are so wont to do.

Alas though, being as disconnected as the devs are, they hamfistedly missed what had been asked for over the course of years.

And so the ask remains. Void elves are a swing and a miss, correctable, but in doubtful spectrum.

Suffice to say, I believe in much less magic than when we started this journey.

8 Likes

How do you feel about a scenario that has the high elves become by choice void elves?

Such that there are only blood and void elves.

The Ren’dorei showing up has allot Elves interested.

Wait, copies, like doombots? Would those be Hugobots or Weavingbots?

(yes I know Agent smith, my mind went doombots)

your writing is like poetry. it’s beautiful. keep going! you should make a living writing stories if you aren’t already.

3 Likes

That would be regrettable to be sure.

Just thinking about it reminds me of those gritty coverings poured out over dyspeptic outpourings in grade-school hallways. A nasty way to cover up a nasty thing.

But, if that’s the way they see fit to structure it, what can I say?

Most of my ire now is because the high elves are right there, I can point to them, click on them, pass them in the streets, sell things to them and get quests from them.

When the Blood Elves came along, Blizz never bothered removing all the others. The devs just kept bumping into the corner while we on the alliance side could still see all the High Elves.

If they went ahead and trundled their number out of the “store mount” design studio and removed all the High Elves in the game such that the Blood Elves were, in truth as well as desire, the only Elves of their kind
 well, what could be done?

The lazy arrogance of the design team nettles me to comment, but I am not above accepting the game if offered in good faith.

2 Likes

Only you. :smile:

doombots are more fun than agent smith as they have all the ridiculous nonsense of silver age comics to draw on

1 Like

DISCLAIMER: This image is not addressed at anyone here and is not intended to be an attack on anyone present. This is just something that came up in the search for silver age doctor doom, and well, I felt it is amusing and to be shared.

How dare you?! I am so offended!

I’ll forgive you if you buy me ice cream.

1 Like

You are more than forgiven!

Other recommendations of that size is Haagen Dazs makes a few different liquor based ice creams that are mostly quite nice.

2 Likes

I hope you’re not calling me an idiot?

1 Like

Being, if memory serves me correctly, that you do not share a single hemisphere with me, it would be quite the impressive feat for you to be surrounding me.

(must remember the calming song of Mr. T about those types of jokes
)

I enjoy the brownie one quite a bit actually!

1 Like